What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    kbushe3221 wrote: »
    Over cooked meat.

Under cooked baked goods. Been eating undercooked cooked cookies and brownies all my life and haven’t gotten salmonella yet.

Actual baked goods are overrated. Under-cooked is the way to go. TBH i won't eat them if they are finished :)

This. With the exception of pie.

The only good cake is cheesecake. The only good pie is pumpkin pie. The only exception to these rules are pumpkin cheesecake.

even better yet? turn it into brownies... pumpkin cheesecake brownies, y'all

aui28zk3ucsh.jpg

That's a terrible thing to show someone virtuously dining on an avocado sandwich....
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    edited April 2020
    ejbronte wrote: »
    Over cooked meat.

Under cooked baked goods. Been eating undercooked cooked cookies and brownies all my life and haven’t gotten salmonella yet.

Actual baked goods are overrated. Under-cooked is the way to go. TBH i won't eat them if they are finished :)

The only good cake is cheesecake. The only good pie is pumpkin pie. The only exception to these rules are pumpkin cheesecake.

aui28zk3ucsh.jpg

That's a terrible thing to show someone virtuously dining on an avocado sandwich....

mwhahah
    augi5689bqdn.jpg
  • ejbronte
    Over cooked meat.

aui28zk3ucsh.jpg

mwhahah
    augi5689bqdn.jpg

You be very evil!!!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Over cooked meat.

aui28zk3ucsh.jpg

This just blew my mind omg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2020
    Very unpopular opinion given the current discussion.... but I am not a fan of brownies at all. I don’t care for them and probably my least favorite type of baked good and I could take it or leave it. Hate how they are so chocolatey and dense.

• alexmose
    Very unpopular opinion given the current discussion.... but I am not a fan of brownies at all. I don’t care for them and probably my least favorite type of baked good and I could take it or leave it.

but are they....completely baked? :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Over cooked meat.

aui28zk3ucsh.jpg

mwhahah
    augi5689bqdn.jpg

I hope you can read this, I can't see what I'm typing through all the drool on my monitor! OMG! And I actually indulged and had cookies tonight, you strike again!
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Very unpopular opinion given the current discussion.... but I am not a fan of brownies at all. I don’t care for them and probably my least favorite type of baked good and I could take it or leave it. Hate how they are so chocolatey and dense.

I fully agree. Actually most of the sweets posted here are mehhhhhhhhhh to me. The savoury things on the other hand, with the exception of horrible excuse of a pizza called deep dish, hell yea.

I'm more savory myself... I love how drool-worthy desserts are, but find myself craving savory things > sweet
  • pancakerunner
    ecrispi wrote: »
    I don’t get why people are so into steaks. I like them just fine but no more than any other piece of meat

Same. When it comes to steak, I'm not really picky. honestly, I prefer the cheaper skirt steaks over the more expensive cuts! When it comes to meat I prefer steak > pork or chicken though
  • alexmose
    Vegetable soup sucks and is pointless. I made mine with potatoes....huge mistake.
  • ejbronte
    ecrispi wrote: »
    I don’t get why people are so into steaks. I like them just fine but no more than any other piece of meat

Same. When it comes to steak, I'm not really picky. honestly, I prefer the cheaper skirt steaks over the more expensive cuts! When it comes to meat I prefer steak > pork or chicken though

I like a steak every now and then. For the most part, the more cooked the better; but I splurged on a porterhouse steak today, and will likely eat it rare or medium when I get it going.
  • pfprimo
    pfprimo Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2020
    I love steamed white rice, and the stickier, the better.
  • ejbronte
    pfprimo wrote: »

Same here. I like most of the carbs: rice, bread, pasta, potatoes, sweet and otherwise .... oh, well, everything in moderation.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    pfprimo wrote: »

Same here. I like most of the carbs: rice, bread, pasta, potatoes, sweet and otherwise .... oh, well, everything in moderation.

I love sticky rice- and Mochi rice cake desserts:)
  • pancakerunner
    Since we're somewhat on the topic of undercooked brownies..
    Once, when I was a teenager, I accidentally baked brownies under "broil" instead of "bake."
    The HAPPIEST accident ever.
    The top was solid and had a bit of a crunch. And the underneath, the underneath part was hot, oozing, deliciously rich nearly raw brownie batter.

cj9ojuh11fcw.jpg