NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Afternoon all, I didn't walk today, but plan on walking the baby after work. She so loves being outside. I am trying to track better. I noticed I have more heartburn and I haven't had that in years. It's usually due to too much fat/sugar. I am not eating sweet things, so it must be fat..or it could be something else.

@mswatson0777 I am so glad you are still on the joy train. I can't stretch as I am tied to my phone and computer. but I will try to move a little more.

@trooworld omg, that bread looks amazing. I am glad you shared.

@TeresaW1020 Your friend was a true friend and gave you good advice. LOL Roots is why I let my hair go grey years ago..hated to color every 3 weeks. :smile:)

@theslightedgeforever Glad to hear DD is using your gift...oh my homemade doughnuts..what were you thinking? I can see Dad eating his doughnuts..he would have been so proud of you..LOL

@its_cleo is good to hear your healthcare systems are holding up. Just think what you can accomplish in 6 weeks. LOL

Cbabie
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Quick check in.
    Awesome day today. Over 20k steps. 93 active minutes. 2600 calories burned.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Woohoo on your blue dot day. Now to repeat. I'm getting closer. I read the same article you did I think. We might have a lot of stops and starts ahead of us. Which means I need to figure this thing out or I'm never going to lose weight. Did you see the Deadwood movie? All the cast came back in 2019 and made a movie. We just started season 5 so that's another month for me and then I'm going to move on to Deadwood. We watch one show a day unless it's really good and dh begs me for just one more. lol Last night I was the one begging. lol Here's my thoughts on roots. They will survive, your family may not. That's what I'm telling myself about my own roots. Although I'm not going out so just the family sees but Loreal root spray is fabulous for when you do have to go out.

@trooworld Thanks for the recipe. I've made breadsticks before. How is your exercise coming along? I made myself do mine yesterday when I didn't really want to.

@mswatson0777 I like what you said too. So now I need to embrace the cards I've been dealt. Usually I'm a make lemonade out of lemons kind of gal. I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this. I was the queen of control for 6 months and POOF when I got sick that all just went away. But I'm not giving up.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Did you take a walk with your GGD?How about stand sometimes while you are on the phone and do calf raises? Hands free phone for a bit could buy you a little time to just walk around the room while you are on the phone or is it a corded phone. Can't imagine a corded phone. I will be granny and always color, although I remember the year I visited in 1994 when she didn't for some reason) You have nice gray hair. I will have the creamy yucky looking kind. Forever Young song is running through my mind. What was I thinking about homemade donuts? I'm thinking I've been shut in for almost 8 weeks now and don't have my usually goody snacks that I can eat and use portion control over so I'm making my own with the supplies I have at home. I usually bake once a week but lately it's been about 3 times a week.

@reneagry Hooray for your awesome day you had. Keep up the good work and maybe it will be contagious and spread to me.

Calories-Went over 1677-1500 Exercise 31 minutes cardio

April goals-Drink 4.5 glasses of water :| Decluttering :( Burn 200 cals through exercise o:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    Hello everyone! I decided to go grocery shopping on Thursday mornings rather than the weekends just while I'm off work. I figure there will be fewer people in the stores. I have to go to two stores this morning, an Asian grocery store for ingredients for a soup I'm making, and my regular place for groceries.

@mswatson0777 That's wonderful! So, why not do it, right? My April goals are going pretty good overall. I'm a little spotty on the exercise once a day, I think that was a little ambitious. But I've been tracking all of my meals and drinking enough water. How about your goals? Enjoy the nice weather! :)

@cbabie Could the heartburn be due to stress? Oh the breadsticks...they were yummy! I hope you get out and about with the baby today.

@theslightedgeforever My exercise isn't every day but it's about 3-4 days a week and I'm pretty happy about that considering I used to not do it at all. That's great you made yourself do yours when you didn't want to do it at all. That's really fighting for it! :)

COMMITTED.
    April goal: track 2 meals a day, do some form of exercise once a day, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @cbabie I'm glad your able to get outside with the little today, enjoy the weather! And there are a lot of at the desk stretches to do, even when you're on the phone. They helped me immensely in the past since it's hard to sit for so long!

@trooworld I'm jealous you're able to do grocery shopping on weekday mornings, the weekends are so stressful! And exercising every day is a challenge. I've tried to reframe it to moving my body every day, even if it's just gentle stretching or a short dog walk.

@theslightedgeforever It's a very strange time, so I hope you're not being too hard on yourself right now. The important part is that you're not giving up!

@renaegry Way to go!

Day three and my good mood continues! I'm grateful I'm on an upswing right now but I recognize that a down swing is inevitable. But I'm going to enjoy the good mood while it's here. After three days of fairly intense activity I woke up feeling pretty sore today so I took the dogs for a long walk instead of a workout video. I've also got a virtual noon yoga date with my friend and tonight I'll probably do another dog walk. Long walks outdoors are keeping me sane, especially now that things are starting to turn green again. I'm also excited the weekend so I can just curl up with a book again. I hate being attached to the computer all the time so I look forward to unplugging.
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I didn't go for my walk yesterday. I ended up having to run some errands. But I found a new treat I like..greek strawberry yogurt with bananas..LOL. Only had 2 teaspoons of PB yesterday...so overall good day.

@mswatson0777 Isn't it funny we always expect the downside. I am glad you are enjoying the joy right now. Yes I need to do stretches...I will try that today.

@trooworld I guess it could be due to stress..I have a lot of it..LOL

@theslightedgeforever glad you're not giving up..this is just preparing you for full retirement.LOL

@renaegry good Jog...I love your quick check in!!! I should do that more often...At least it's accountabilty and I need that..I am in a mood of lax..LOL

cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..quiet day here today. It is nice & sunny, I should get outside, but our flowering tree is really starting up, so have been avoiding it. I stopped my allergy shots the middle of March, so don't feel like pushing it right now. I had been questioning if they were even doing me any good, so best time to stop & see. Bad thing is, if I decide I do need them, I will have to start all over building up again. Oh well.

Dh went out to the farm today to work on the tractor & check the pumpkin plot. Not sure why that, we won't be planting them for at least another month. I think it was more just to get out of the house for awhile. He figured he wouldn't see anybody there, so should be safe, lol. I thought about going along, but we weren't sure if I would be able to be without a bathroom for about 6-7 hrs, lol. The town closest(where we used to live) is under stricter stay at home orders & to go the other way, they are doing major testing in that town yesterday & today, so don't think I want to be there either. It has been kinda nice being by myself. We have leftovers for supper, so I don't even need to cook, lol.

@cbabie I like plain greek yogurt, but add blueberries, walnuts & a little honey. Pretty tasty & not bad on sugar. Good job limiting the PB. I like pb but never think to eat it. I have 1 1/2 smaller jars & then dd went to Sams before she took the girl scouts on a camping trip & bought 2 big jars. & then they didn't use it. Knowing she wouldn't eat that much, I bought one from her, thinking I could make cookies with it. I better get busy & use some of it.

@mswatson0777 Yay for the happy mood!! It sounds like a good idea to slow down your classes, too. No sense totally burning yourself out.

@trooworld Thank for the recipe for the breadsticks. I think it is the same one that my cousin used to make bagels. I like that they gave directions on how to convert regular flour to self rising. Dd gave me one this morning for Beer bread. Think I will have to try them both..I have plenty of flour, lol. I also got a recipe for instant pot chicken taco soup off that site. It sounded good to me.

@theslightedgeforever I am sure you will get back to your plan once things get back to a semi-normal state. I am sure worrying about your kids is not helping you.

@renaegry Wow, 20k steps!! I think I am doing good when I get 10k.

Well, better get something done b4 dh gets home, lol. Then I will probably go do the treadmill. I have been pretty good about it most days. I have my calories set to maintain, & have been doing pretty well with that amount. I try to leave most of the exercise calories for my deficit. So I lose a pound, gain a pound, but I think the average is on a slight downward trend.

Have a safe day

• nighthazel01
    nighthazel01 Posts: 57 Member
    We had quite a bit of snow two days ago, since then it's been raining and cold. Still made it out for my walk, but I can't take much more of this cold, I need a real spring, with sunshine. It's hard to write because every day's the same. I'm eating more because I'm home, but I try to limit my portions and snacking, I wasn't successful yesterday at this. I did get my walks in.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld 3-4 days a week is excellent progress from the troo I was first introduced to. So just build from there. If I get 5 days in a week exercise, I'm happy.

@mswatson0777 I know it's a strange time but I don't see this going back to normal any time soon. I've never been one to just adapt quickly. lol I'm taking it as the lesson I'm supposed to be learning right now.

@cbabie I'm glad you found a healthy meal choice. My favorite is blueberry greek yogurt with blueberries. At least with full retirement I can hopefully get out of the house. Although this thing keeps up much longer and it will all merge anyway.

@retiredandlovingit That's great you have kept up with your treadmill and your weight is on a slight downward trend

Calories- Went Over 1909/1660 Exercise-Rest Day

April goals-Drinking 4.5 glasses of water o:) Decluttering :( Burn 200 cals via exercise

• trooworld
    @mswatson0777 Yeah, I'm grateful to have the time to be able to do it. But it was amazing that a lot of people were still out at 8:00 a.m... I'm sure it was fewer people than were going to be out later, but still. That's a good way to look at exercise. I hope you get your outdoor walks in.

@cbabie That's great that you found a new treat and a yummy one at that! Yay for only 2 tsp of PB!

@RetiredAndLovingIt I don't think I'd want to be without a bathroom for 6-7 hours either! I've enjoyed being by myself but enough is enough, I'm ready to go back to work. ;) The recipe: yeah, you can make bagels, cinnamon rolls, rolls, pizza, all sorts of things out of that dough. I love beer bread, I have a recipe that friend gave me that I love and it is so easy so if your recipe doesn't turn out, let me know and I'll give you my recipe.

@nighthazel01 I hope it warms up soon and you get your spring.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks!

COMMITTED.
    April goal: track 2 meals a day, do some form of exercise once a day, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited April 2020
    @trooworld, thanks for the link to the 2-ingredient dough! I have pinned it and several other recipes from that website. :)

@theslightedgeforever, I didn’t know there was a Deadwood movie! I did show my DH the trailer for Deadwood and then remembered that the main dude sure loves a good cuss word! :D I haven’t started Justified yet but probably will tonight. I will have to get some root spray if my girl doesn’t reopen for my May appointment.

@mswatson0777, So glad that your good mood continues. I wish my dog liked to go on walks. She likes it until a truck or something scary comes by and then it is a major pull to get back to the house. She is a chicken outside and a fierce guard dog from her front of the window perch. :D

@cbabie, good job on finding another treat that isn’t peanut butter. I love Light & Fit Greek yogurt. All the flavors are delicious. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, good idea not to push your allergies by going outside right now. We are finally at the end of our pollen season so we can now start to enjoy going out and sitting on the patio. Which I better enjoy because it will be in the 90s before we know it here. B)

@nighthazel01, I hope that your spring comes soon and that you will be able to get out and enjoy some nice weather. :)

Good morning! Well, I’m sure you have heard that Georgia is opening up today. It’s all over the news and there is strong opinion on both sides. I’m just praying that opening up business now doesn’t have bad consequences and sets us back in our recovery. At my staff meeting yesterday we started talking about when we should reopen the church. Right now, we are looking at the end of May. We will only have one church service and stream live on FB. We will not have Sunday school, children’s church, or even nursery to start with. Our hope that is by summer we can start adding in more and by fall be back to our Wednesday nights. I’m excited and of course a little nervous. OK, I’m off to work out and then do some housework. :)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I hope everything goes well with Georgia re-opening, although it certainly would make me anxious too. Our state is doing a more gradual approach so we shall see.

@nighthazel01 So sorry about the snow. My mood fluctuates big time with the weather lately so I feel your pain.

@theslightedgeforever I'm someone who likes routine so I have a hard time when I'm thrown into situations with no routine. It's been interesting trying to carve my own!

@cbabie I love yogurt and bananas, so delicious!

@RetiredandLovingIt Congrats on keeping up with exercise and having a downward weight trend, that's fabulous!

@trooworld I wonder when the slowest grocery store time is? I've been having luck on Saturday afternoons, but I just feel so stressed every time I go

Happy Friday all! I got pretty stressed and overwhelmed yesterday...and got into the chocolate. I am just not doing well lately with eating my feelings. Ugh. I am officially going off low carb too. I haven't lost any weight in over a month and it's just not sustainable. But I'm glad I tried it to see what it was like, it's just not for me. I'm looking forward to buying lots of fresh fruit and adding whole grains back in, yum!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..dreary day today & haven't gotten much done. Dh trying to see what pumpkin seeds he should order, so was looking for flower plants or seeds also.

@mswatson0777 Too bad for being so stressed yesterday,,you seemed to be doing pretty well with the happy thoughts. Chocolate is a definite need right now for me. Good job trying low carb. I don't think I would do well on it at all.

@TeresaW1020 I did see about Georgia opening up so much. Made me glad dd is not still in Alpharetta, lol. Interesting about church, I have wondered how ours will open up. It is a big church, but I can't see socially distancing being possible.

Iowa will be opening soon, too, from what the Governor said today. Starting Monday, they can start doing some surgeries with more restrictions lifting on May 1. I don't think we are ready for it, we had the highest case & death report today. Of course, their reasoning is because they are testing more. I don't think we have had the 14 day decline that was supposed to be the bench mark either. I especially don't like it when she says about opening up, but the most vulnerable (older) will still have to stay inside. I want my freedom, too, if everyone else has it, lol.

I think OK is opening up also. I think dd will still be a little cautious, at least I hope so.

Well, not much more, guess the treadmilll is calling, lol.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Did you get any exercise in today? Thanks for sharing with me the Gina B videos.

@teresaw1020 Tell me three things you did right today. I didn't know there was a Deadwood anything except I was fangirling over Timothy Olyphant and looked up to see what other shows he was in. Or watch him and Conan together on YouTube. Gotta do something with my lockdown time. lol At least you are being smart about the church reopening. If the church isn't full to the brim at least you could do some social distancing for a bit.

@mswatson0777 Yeah I'm a routine person too and don't thrive at all with lack of it until I figure it all out. It just takes me a while. Funny about you going off low carb, I'm almost ready to return to my carb cycling. I'm not ready to do it as planned since getting eggs sometimes can be hit and miss but I'm trying to come up with a tweaked version of my original plan. I did so well on that. Numbers are numbers whether they are carbs or calories. I just can't figure out why I'm okay with going over calories but not when it comes to my carbs. So weird.

@retiredandlovingit So what healthy things did you eat today? Did your state ever really shut down? I read something like you could go shop at Michaels and I was like what? Funny how I read AZ allowed barber shops to stay open. I hope that wasn't true. Called it essential. My son keeps sending videos everyday this week of cars meeting up in parking lots and everyone is standing around in groups just talking away. Like 20 people. I think it's become his new hobby on the way to work.

Calories: Stayed OP 1468/1550 Exercise 41 min cardio and pilates ball exercises

April goals: Drink 4.5 glasses of water :| Decluttering :( Burn 200 cals via exercise. o:)

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever, yesterday I did a killer booty workout, tracked my food and only went over by 3 points, and fasted for 19 hours. B) We haven’t started Justified yet. There seems to be this whole NFL thing going on that my DH has been glued to his TV in the office watching. I’ve been watching season six of the Great British Baking Show. Maybe tonight!

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I think all the states that can need to slowly start reopening. The whole point of the shutdown was so that we wouldn’t overload the hospitals. It was not so that no one would get the virus. I think the country has forgotten that point. We talked at the staff meeting about encouraging our seniors not to come to church, but it does need to be their choice. My mom, who has many health issues will probably stay home longer but there is NO way I can keep my DH out of church. He is chomping at the bit to get back to his church life. I have repeatedly informed him that he can’t be a greeter at the front door. Although, I still don’t think he believes that I’m serious! :D

@mswatson0777, I was wondering how the low-carb was working for you. I went off too because it wasn’t sustainable for me. Sometimes us girls just need some chocolate and bread! Hang in there! <3

Good morning! I woke up so sore from yesterday’s workout that it hurts to sit! :D A new program from Beachbody started yesterday called Barre Blend. It’s supposed to be low impact but high energy and guaranteed to give me amazing results. I’m going to try out the sample workout this morning and if I like it. Right now I’ve been doing my own hybrid calendar of BOD programs and the treadmill. Mom and I talked yesterday about how we have got to get serious about our weight loss. Summer is coming, church will be resuming, and I NEED to fit into my clothes that aren’t made of stretch material. I have got to get serious and consistent or I’m going to feel like a complete failure and I don’t want that! I would much rather have my friends see me and notice that I've lost weight instead of whispering how I sure let myself go during the quarantine. ;)
  • cbabie
    Morning everyone, It's nice and HOT here. I am not ready for hot. We had to turn the air on in our house yesterday. Today my DH will do the maintenance on the cooler and then we can turn off the air. I still have not gotten on the treadmill, but I have taken the baby on walks each day.
    Well my weight is going in the wrong direction. So new day..LOL

@trooworld hope your enjoying your Sat

@TeresaW1020 Yea I am ready to get back to church. My DD says I love the online...I say nope I want to BE in the presence of the Holy Spirit..LOL I am there with you with the weight thing.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I am not ready for us to go back to being OPEN all the way. I believe some people have not really adhered to the stay at home and people will just be stupid. Yet I am ready for some things to be open. It's really all about trust for me at this point.

@mswatson0777 LOL I am there with you with low carb...I love my carbs, but also know I have to learn control. MY DGGD loves carbs...she is not much on protein. but we are working on it. But she has the genes of THIN...

@nighthazel01 Yea I agree the weather plays an important roll in my moods. I could not live where it always rains.

@theslightedgeforever We are a family of routine..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! Yesterday I had to take some Imodium because Thursday I ate some old cheese on my pita pizza and it made me sick so I wasn't expecting any kind of a loss at all today but I am happy to say I lost 1.2 lbs! I'm looking forward to dinner tonight, we are having 2-ingredient dough pizza (I'm putting bacon and fresh pineapple on it) and baked jalapeno poppers. It will feel like a restaurant meal without leaving the house!

@TeresaW1020 You are welcome. I'm glad your church is taking it slow on reopening. Have a great day!

@mswatson0777 Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a slow time here. :/ The slowest time does seem to be first thing in the morning but even so, yesterday morning I went to Target and there were 25 people at least in line ahead of me waiting on the store to open. I'm so sorry you are stressed. Maybe a hot relaxing bath is in order? And some downtime this weekend. The low carb: like you said, at least you know what it is like and maybe you can learn something from it. And now you can appreciate breads and pastas and potatoes that much more! lol And you'll probably never want to eat cauliflower again if you are anything like I was when I went off low carb. ;)

@theslightedgeforever Not really any exercise yesterday besides waiting in line at Target. ;) I shared Gina B videos? I don't know if that was me, was it? I get confused, I share so much lol.

@cbabie That's great that you've been getting out every day with the baby, keep it up! :) Thanks, I hope it's a nice day. It's certainly hot today.

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all,
    Sorry I’ve been MIA, just a busy week at work, probably will be busy the next couple.

@trooworld man I love bacon and pineapple on pizza! Yikes on feeling sick. Sometimes I feel like I take chances on food, but so far it’s been ok. It’s not that I want to, but living alone it’s hard to eat everything lol.

@cbabie glad the weather is better. I think an actual walk is better than the treadmill.

@TeresaW1020 lol about your husband wanting to be a greeter at the door. Yeah that is probably a high risk position! Summer coming can be good motivation. I always have a hard time switching from winter clothes to lighter summer clothes. It’s always hard the first few times I go out without a jacket. …I think opening the church end of Mary is a good timeline. It gives you time to plan and also you can see how things go in the state.

@mswatson0777 I couldn’t do low carb either. I don’t try any particular type of diet. I try to eat a certain amount of protein, and fats, and the rest carbs but I’m not fanatical about it. It’s based on what makes me feel good.

@retiredandlovingit I’m another big fan of Greek yogurt with some fruit and a bit of honey. Sometimes I will also put in almonds, or granola if I have some. I just find I can’t eat it all the time, something about the dairy.

Calories- this week I’m over, but only by a little bit. Today is the last day of my week so we’ll see how I do.
    Exercising- I have to check but I did over 10 hours of exercise this week, all different things. One disappointment-

I had a set back with my achilles tendon. I went on a walk and the route was hilly and it was just too much. That was Wed and today was the first day it wasn’t sore. So I’ve decided to stop jogging for a few days- a week? Not sure how long. I can still do the stairs. Just no jogging, no walking up or down hills.

It’s ok, this has happened to me before with my Achilles =. It has always been vulnerable and that’s why I can never jog more than 3-4 km at a time. Eventually it always acts up.

Que sera. So I will start trying to do some longer walks, the challenge will be finding enough flat routes.
    Work is busy, just some deadlines coming up with the client I have.

I connected with my hiking club yesterday over zoom, it was nice to see them. The weather here is beautiful today but I tend to stay low over the weekends and go out more on Mon when there is less people.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Oh I meant to say: I;ve been trying some new snacks and recipes from a cookbook I have that I've never done.

So one snack I made:

-brie cheese on cracker with a drop of honey, slice strawberry and sliced almonds. Pop in the oven for a few minutes. Delicious! But I think next time I need to get something sturdier than a cracker, maybe like Melba toast.

-also made a veggie pizza for a very light snack or lunch- hummus on a large tortilla, red onions, portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, with some mozzarella and asiago cheese.

It was very good.