New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    jng3uisj7ut0.jpeg
    1l5wkz9etq5t.jpeg
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    jng3uisj7ut0.jpeg
    1l5wkz9etq5t.jpeg
    I've heard from a few people the magic spoon has a really icy aftertaste as it is sweetened with erythritol
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    jng3uisj7ut0.jpeg
    1l5wkz9etq5t.jpeg

I heard about magic spoon in MINDPUMP podcast but $10/box is....high
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited April 2020
    lphg14necrfd.jpeg
    uzkyhdgskp60.jpegThis was DELICIOUS! I really like the smores oatmilk. The base was a graham flavor with swirls of marshmallow flavor and chunks of graham throughout. It was really creamy and I like the oatmilk ice cream. I just wish it had more chunks of graham cracker. Great smores taste to it though, I would buy it again. 9/10

9yw4bbtn3ywk.jpeg
    pngvzbjnswdl.jpeg

o58l4envv2og.jpeg
    qk36s8esqk3u.jpeg
    This Perry's was AMAZING! TONS of chunks of crunchy caramelized peanut butter coffee cake topping crumbs throughout and peanut butter swirls that tasted like butterfinger. 11/10. I LOVE when ice cream has the brown sugar base flavor.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    alexmose wrote: »
    jng3uisj7ut0.jpeg
    1l5wkz9etq5t.jpeg

I tried it and I really liked it but not worth the money.
  • pancakerunner
    jng3uisj7ut0.jpeg
    1l5wkz9etq5t.jpeg

I tried it and I really liked it but not worth the money.

Agree. totally not worth the price! It's all branding tbh... good marketing!
  • pancakerunner
  • pancakerunner
    kguktluun7g2.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited April 2020
    lphg14necrfd.jpeg
    uzkyhdgskp60.jpegThis was DELICIOUS! I really like the smores oatmilk. The base was a graham flavor with swirls of marshmallow flavor and chunks of graham throughout. It was really creamy and I like the oatmilk ice cream. I just wish it had more chunks of graham cracker. Great smores taste to it though, I would buy it again. 9/10

9yw4bbtn3ywk.jpeg
    pngvzbjnswdl.jpeg

o58l4envv2og.jpeg
    qk36s8esqk3u.jpeg
    This Perry's was AMAZING! TONS of chunks of crunchy caramelized peanut butter coffee cake topping crumbs throughout and peanut butter swirls that tasted like butterfinger. 11/10. I LOVE when ice cream has the brown sugar base flavor.

Mmm, you're killin' me with that S'mores ice cream, Noreen! I'm obsessed with that brand of ice cream, and I find it better than regular dairy ice cream. I need to find that flavor ASAP. S'mores flavored things are my jam! I still mourn the loss of the Hershey's S'mores bar from the early 2000s!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Oh my lord, I just had a Coolhaus Ice Cream Cookie sandwich and it was amazing! Dare I say better than a Chipwich?! The cookie part was actually a little soft, more like actual cookie dough than a crispy cookie, and the ice cream part, while not having a layer of chocolate chips, was creamy and delicious. I just had the non-dairy vanilla one, but now I wanna try other flavors!
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    @pancakerunner 3g netcarb cereal pic REALLY caught my eye!!
    looked it up and now all of these are ‘new’ products to me, can’t wait to try them all..

d3acp4kvrqvz.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited April 2020
    Sorry it’s not letting me upload that one photo for some reason. rxhg5f508wyz.jpeg

Updated: tried the fruity and chocolate as well. That makes almost 700 calories in cereal today, lol no shame. The chocolate was not good at all. Tasted too much like bitter chocolate protein powder. The fruity one was too lemony for my liking. I really liked the frosted and cinnamon the best.
    hgycta wrote: »
    Oh man... I normally HATE dairy free pints because they usually taste weird or have too much pea protein, but I just tried Enlightened’s cinnamon bun dairy free pint and it’s AMAZING!!!!! You’d never be able to tell it’s dairy free, and they don’t ruin it with pea protein (sorry if anyone here actually likes that, but it simply tastes like grass to me). This stuff is possibly even better than the regular dairy pints! Very sweet and perfect texture, it’s the first Enlightened pint I didn’t need to thaw! 10/10! Soooooo much better than Halo Top’s cinnamon roll pint - not as heavy on the stevia, just very sweet and very flavorful! No chunks but it actually didn’t need it!
    ugkt19jbv704.jpeg
    nqxsfuelt9zo.jpeg

Yes, their dairy-free pints are so good! The cinnamon bun and mint are the best of the bunch.

fquuaioyfx7q.jpeg
    tiwkfvh2fv43.jpeg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/zz/bla5kb1ybim4.jpeg[/ I was curious how these would be and didn’t have high hopes. But I LOVED the frosted and cinnamon ones. I haven’t tried the others yet. They were dusted almost reminded me of the donettes cereal a little. The dusting was light and sweet. However, once you put milk in, it didn’t stay on, so I didn’t like it with milk. It is the perfect dry snack though.[/img]ilv094z0cmtb.jpeg
    The cinnamon was also delicious. This one was good both in milk and dry. Nice cinnamon sugar flavor. Not as sweet as Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but like a little less sugary version of that flavor.

They are good for a snack instead of a protein bar. 1c has 220. Calories and 24g protein. So I would have in place of a bar.

If only they could make cereal with 20 cal per cup that tasted good, then I’d buy stock in that !

The link didn't work. What are these cereals called?

Here's the corrected image:

bla5kb1ybim4.jpeg

Interesting! I've been craving low carb cereal. Did you buy these in store or online?

Someone posted them in here and I found them online!
    hgycta wrote: »
    Oh man... I normally HATE dairy free pints because they usually taste weird or have too much pea protein, but I just tried Enlightened’s cinnamon bun dairy free pint and it’s AMAZING!!!!! You’d never be able to tell it’s dairy free, and they don’t ruin it with pea protein (sorry if anyone here actually likes that, but it simply tastes like grass to me). This stuff is possibly even better than the regular dairy pints! Very sweet and perfect texture, it’s the first Enlightened pint I didn’t need to thaw! 10/10! Soooooo much better than Halo Top’s cinnamon roll pint - not as heavy on the stevia, just very sweet and very flavorful! No chunks but it actually didn’t need it!
    ugkt19jbv704.jpeg
    nqxsfuelt9zo.jpeg

Yes, their dairy-free pints are so good! The cinnamon bun and mint are the best of the bunch.

I have been wondering how their dairy freee compared to halo because I really didn’t like the halo top ones, so thanks for letting us know. I’ll have to look out for them because they are always on sale lately.

fquuaioyfx7q.jpeg
    tiwkfvh2fv43.jpeg

I was curious how these would be and didn’t have high hopes. But I LOVED the frosted and cinnamon ones the best . They were dusted almost reminded me of the donettes cereal a little. The dusting was light and sweet. However, once you put milk in, it didn’t stay on, so I didn’t like it with milk. It is the perfect dry snack though.

ilv094z0cmtb.jpeg
    The cinnamon was also delicious. This one was good both in milk and dry. Nice cinnamon sugar flavor. Not as sweet as Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but like a little less sugary version of that flavor. The fruity one was too lemony flavored for my liking,

They are good for a snack instead of a protein bar. 1c has 220. Calories and 24g protein. So I would have in place of a bar.

If only they could make cereal with 20 cal per cup that tasted good, then I’d buy stock in that !

I found back when I tried them, I liked the frosted and cinnamon the best. The birthday cake is a new flavor, you will have to let us know how it is compared to other birthday cake cereal. @MrsSylvie
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 Will do but, have only had one other BD cereal in past and given how flavorless that cookie crisp birthday cereal was, this magic spoon will probably compare more favorable just by having a flavor..

do wish magic spoon’s would of included that cinnamon cereal one as well in their variety pack or at least offer single boxes the first time you order, i would of got it too if they had.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    89fwg11tz4tn.png
    Servings per full size jar
    Calories per serving:
    Serving size: 2 Tbsp (32g)

Amount/serving %DV
    Total Digested Fat 0 g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Total Digested Cholesterol 0 g 0%
    Total Digested Carbs 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18%
    Total Sugars 0 g
    Includes 0g Added Sugars

Has anyone tried this?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    89fwg11tz4tn.png
    Calories per serving:

Amount/serving %DV
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Total Digested Carbs 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18%
    Total Sugars 0 g
    Includes 0g Added Sugars

Has anyone tried this?

Omg no but I am very interested!
  • alexmose
    89fwg11tz4tn.png
    Calories per serving:

Amount/serving %DV
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Total Digested Carbs 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18%
    Total Sugars 0 g
    Includes 0g Added Sugars

Has anyone tried this?

Hold up. Something is fishy here. I checked their site and first they list 27 calories per serving but then right below that it's 200 with an asterisk that says "digestibility corrected". What does this mean?

https://www.professornutz.com/professor-nutz.html/

Okay... DO NOT trust the 28 calorie claim. There is 16 grams of per serving. I would go by the 200 calories if I were counting this... wow. They claim that:

"The calories your body digests are different from the total calories you eat. How many calories you actually digest can be influenced by a number of factors."

The fiber they use is corn fiber... so does that mean Quest bars and other products containing corn fiber are near 0 calories??? no...

Wow as you typed this, I JUST created a separate thread in the same message board ;)
  • pancakerunner
    89fwg11tz4tn.png
    Calories per serving:

Amount/serving %DV
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Total Digested Carbs 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18%
    Total Sugars 0 g
    Includes 0g Added Sugars

Has anyone tried this?

Hold up. Something is fishy here. I checked their site and first they list 27 calories per serving but then right below that it's 200 with an asterisk that says "digestibility corrected". What does this mean?

Okay... DO NOT trust the 28 calorie claim. There is 16 grams of per serving. I would go by the 200 calories if I were counting this... wow. They claim that:

"The calories your body digests are different from the total calories you eat. How many calories you actually digest can be influenced by a number of factors."

The fiber they use is corn fiber... so does that mean Quest bars and other products containing corn fiber are near 0 calories??? no...

Wow as you typed this, I JUST created a separate thread in the same message board ;)

Will be adding to your thread! I just submitted this brand to one of my "sciency" friends who is a doctor in the keto arena... will followup!
  • alexmose
    89fwg11tz4tn.png
    Calories per serving:

Amount/serving %DV
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Total Digested Carbs 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 4.4g 18%
    Total Sugars 0 g
    Includes 0g Added Sugars

Has anyone tried this?

Will be adding to your thread! I just submitted this brand to one of my "sciency" friends who is a doctor in the keto arena... will followup!

Totally agree, I saw it and my first instinct was to not trust peanut butter that is not 180+ calories. otherwise, it's probably PB2 ;)