What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I've been eating a lot of sautéed cabbage lately.

how do you cook?? What spices, etc?

Just in a little butter with salt, pepper and a splash of apple cider vinegar. I like it to have a little brown on it, so it probably takes me 20 minutes or so. I had a big pile of it with my over easy eggs this morning for breakfast.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,227 Member
    I've been eating a lot of sautéed cabbage lately.

I have been roasting the heck out of it. Especially mixing it with potatoes for a side for eggs in the morning. I only don't season it when I roast because I do so when I heat it up in the skillet in the mornings. Then I add salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. SO good.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I love sautéed cabbage. I like mine anywhere from a little bit of color to just short of ashes. But I haven’t seen cabbage. I’m not shopping much these days, maybe I’ll try harder. I like it anywhere from a little color to just short of black ashes. I just like it!
    Tacos.
    Taco Tuesday, taco Wednesday, taco Thursday, taco Friday. What’s going on? Did they put something funny in my tacos to keep me coming back?

but the question is: corn torilla or flour? soft or hard shell?

They make it corn crunchy, but I like them all! Beef, chicken, carbon, I love them all!

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Baby corn, hey hey!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Sweet green peas. It’s been years since I’ve had them but I’ve discovered how delicious they are lately.
  • pancakerunner
    Sweet green peas. It’s been years since I’ve had them but I’ve discovered how delicious they are lately.

that reminds me of how much I love snow peas. had Thai takeout last night and my curry came loaded with snow peas and broccoli and baby corn. :)
  • pancakerunner
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Homemade banana bread. Warm out of the oven with butter!

the best!
  • pancakerunner
    Homemade banana bread. Warm out of the oven with butter!

I think the funniest thing is people in the keto community making "keto" banana bread WITHOUT bananas and using banana extract! The logic???
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Yeah, that's different :|
  • pancakerunner
    Yeah, that's different :|

at least they're using butter... haha
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Seafood sticks and Greek yoghurt, not together obviously :D
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Snap peas, my town's farmer's market is making boxes that can be picked up once a week and the last two have had the best snap peas I've ever had, super fat and sweet.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    Silken Tofu!
  • hexxennacht
    hexxennacht Posts: 22 Member
    CHOBANI FLIPS and Fiber One bars in the coffee cake flavor.

Chobani flips are always the perfect snack or dessert for me. They’re decadent without being crazy high in calories, very filling and give a nice bit of protein. Very easy to avoid temptation when I have a Cookies and Cream Chobani Flip in the fridge.

Usually I don’t love Fiber One bars but I got some because I really need to increase the fiber in my diet (when you eat way less calories it can cause constipation lol) and I needed an easy dessert. Usually I find Fiber One bars to be really grainy and just...diet-y tasting, but the coffee cake flavor blew my mind. It was just so delicious. I ate it with a fork because it’s tiny and I wanted to make it last, and it felt like a real cake. It’s only 70 damn calories so a very worthy dessert especially, again like the Flips, with the nutrition you get out of it. I had a few fresh blackberries on the side and was incredibly satisfied with that as my dessert.

I also really like these little My/Mo mochi ice cream balls. They’re 100 cals for a ball of ice cream (I got mango) wrapped in sweet mochi dough, which I love. Easy, satisfying dessert.

ALSO (lol how long is this) I get these turkey sausage sticks that are 80 cals for 2! Lots of protein and a very low calorie, satisfying snack. I forgot the brand name but I think they’re the only turkey sausage snack sticks around so yeah.
  • pancakerunner
    CHOBANI FLIPS and Fiber One bars in the coffee cake flavor.

Chobani flips are always the perfect snack or dessert for me. They’re decadent without being crazy high in calories, very filling and give a nice bit of protein. Very easy to avoid temptation when I have a Cookies and Cream Chobani Flip in the fridge.

Usually I don’t love Fiber One bars but I got some because I really need to increase the fiber in my diet (when you eat way less calories it can cause constipation lol) and I needed an easy dessert. Usually I find Fiber One bars to be really grainy and just...diet-y tasting, but the coffee cake flavor blew my mind. It was just so delicious. I ate it with a fork because it’s tiny and I wanted to make it last, and it felt like a real cake. It’s only 70 damn calories so a very worthy dessert especially, again like the Flips, with the nutrition you get out of it. I had a few fresh blackberries on the side and was incredibly satisfied with that as my dessert.

I also really like these little My/Mo mochi ice cream balls. They’re 100 cals for a ball of ice cream (I got mango) wrapped in sweet mochi dough, which I love. Easy, satisfying dessert.

ALSO (lol how long is this) I get these turkey sausage sticks that are 80 cals for 2! Lots of protein and a very low calorie, satisfying snack. I forgot the brand name but I think they’re the only turkey sausage snack sticks around so yeah.

this reminds me of how much I love the Fiber One oats and chocolate flavor...
  • pancakerunner
    45q1unh7w2uc.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,571 Member
    45q1unh7w2uc.jpg

I used to love these but they didn't love me back.

No fiber one product ever did. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Broccoli slaw! I forgot how good it was. I lovee to roast it or steam it and top it with low calorie salad dressing.

Or tomato sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, nosalt salt, truvia.

Or hot sauce, garlic powder, nosalt salt, truvia, onion powder and light blue cheese dressing.

Or ketchup

Or salsa and tons of spices

Or walden farms asian dressing

Or SF BBQ sauce

So many options
  • quietriver
    quietriver Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2020
    Pita chips and hummus or with pretzel crisps/nibblers roasted pepper hummus is a gift from the gods I swear.

Mashed potatoes with gravy

Baked potatoes

Strawberries they last maybe two days here, had to start buy them frozen to have more.

Coffee and trying to get the blasted whipped coffee recipie to work. Starting to think people are lying and it's a hoax. @#$! (Or I'm being stupid.)