Stomach pain after eating

124»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    I was very against PPIs in theory, until I was dealing with pain myself - so count me as another vote for asking your doctor about Prilosec.
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    I'll ask the doctor about it - thank you. He had me start Nexium... not sure if those are the same types of medication. He finally offered to give me a prescription for a muscle relaxer when I broke down in tears with him on the phone and told him I couldn't take another 24 hours like this.

The Ultrasound came back completely normal, so he can't tell me anything until I were to have more testing done. Blood came back normal, too. He mentioned getting an endoscopy at some point. I'm supposed to talk with him this afternoon, so I'll ask about the Prilosec, and about finding an outpatient place that will do the scope.... because I'm not stepping into an ER unless I am absolutely desperately in pain.

The muscle relaxer is helping, so I am actually able to eat a bit, now. But I can still feel the spasms and pain through it; just not nearly as bad. I don't want to run out of the med and then be in just as much pain - I have to move on to the next thing to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks again!
  • kshama2001
    Last month I started cognitive behavioral therapy for my stress eating. Part of my homework was to keep a food journal. I added columns for Pain and potential Trigger, and figured out that the stevia in my chocolate protein powder was triggering my stomach pain. I've been much, much better since I eliminated it. (This did take some time and I had several false positives.)
  • kshama2001
    suzyjmcd2 wrote: »
    Turned out I needed surgery. After many other tests showed nothing, a CT finally showed a tumor partially blocking my small intestine. Had a resection... the surgeon removed the tumor and part of the small intestine, and then reattached the ends. The tumor tested benign, and I've got no more pain! Just praying it won't come back... it was a rare tumor, and we're waiting to hear from a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic, who was consulted. So far, I haven't been able to have many of my questions answered, as far if it can come back, if it could affect my kids, etc. But very thankful that everyone involved agrees that it's benign!!!!

Wow! Good thing you were persistent and kept getting tests :)

Best wishes for your recovery.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    suzyjmcd2 wrote: »
    Turned out I needed surgery. After many other tests showed nothing, a CT finally showed a tumor partially blocking my small intestine. Had a resection... the surgeon removed the tumor and part of the small intestine, and then reattached the ends. The tumor tested benign, and I've got no more pain! Just praying it won't come back... it was a rare tumor, and we're waiting to hear from a doctor at the Cleveland Clinic, who was consulted. So far, I haven't been able to have many of my questions answered, as far if it can come back, if it could affect my kids, etc. But very thankful that everyone involved agrees that it's benign!!!!

Oh my, that's scary! I'm so glad you got it figured out and taken care of! What a crazy time to have to have emergency procedures! Your symptoms sounded so similar to mine, but mine did end up going away, so I'm assuming it was a different issue. Anyway, I hope all continues to go well.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I’m glad to hear you got a diagnosis and things seem to be better now! Hoping your tumor stays gone!