Accountability buddy

Replies

• kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Morning all!

Sorry I didnt post yesterday, I was a sorry mess of hangover (stupid rum) and period cramps!! I still tracked everything though.

Back on it with gusto today, there is a 5k run in my plans for later on :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Back on it again today too. Had a few days off
  • roz0810
    i love spinach and fruit smoothies. I normally have spinach with strawberry and banana!
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    I usually have spinach in my smoothies also. And disguise the taste with fruit.
  • jvando74
    jvando74 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone! Welcome to new members I’ve missed while I’ve been MIA for a bit. Things got a bit crazy here. I had a really good eating week last week, pants definitely feeling looser, and I was feeling better. BUT I was not good this weekend. I feel like I need to get back on track with extra seriousness. You all continue to inspire me with your commitment. I don’t want to drag this process out, I want to accelerate it! Let’s go!
  • jvando74
    jvando74 Posts: 29 Member
    Oh, and to keep me honest, here are my goals for the week:

1. 300-500 calorie deficit at end of day every day.
    2. Minimum 7 hours of sleep every night.

I know the last one may seem unrelated, but I snack at night when I’m sleep deprived, and I have been horrible about my sleep this past week. So for the weight loss/fitness/overall health goals I truly need to prioritize appropriate sleep. My husband says he’s on board to help with getting to bed on time, so hopefully I can make this happen. I’ve told you all now, so I can’t let it slide!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Are you guys open to a new member? I understand if it’s already too crowded and established!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Welcome @fairestthings

Had a great day today. 40 min on treadmill. 30 min 5 min jog/2 min walk intervals. Then did a 5 km walk at noon with a friend and another 4.5 km walk with another friend after work. Easy 20k day today. Also lifted weights today. Upped my weight. Did 4 sets of 6 of bicep curls, deadlifts, and bench presses. Also did a round of squats from 30 day squat challenge.
  • Cerizez
    @renaegry - what a day! Inspirational. Thanks for posting.

@fairestthings - welcome.
  • Cerizez
    Peeps - I’m at a plateau. I don’t know what’s wrong.

My macros are good, calorie deficit every day, am under calorie goal, no food after 6pm

Any suggestions?

I’ve never been on a plateau for so long before when I’ve been following the plan.

I’m ALWAYS hungry. This is crazy. And yet, I’m not losing. 👿
  • kiay131982
    @jvando74 great news that your clothes are feeling looser... You are on track!! Youve got this :) sleep is so beneficial to our overall mindset and health... So its a great goal!!

@fairestthings welcome!! Tell us about you! Always nice to have new members :)

@renaegry great day! Im really enjoying the opportunity to walk every day with lockdown. Usually of an evening the kids would be home but my husband would be at work... So having him home so I can go out is lovely!!

@Cerizez how frustrating!! Dont get disheartened with your plateau and undo all your hard work though. One thing that stood out is that you said youre always hungry.... Are you eating enough? Whats your calorie allowance and do you eat back exercise calories? If your body thinks its being deprived it will hold onto all its stores as hard as it can... So sometimes eating a bit more is enough to convince it that no, you arent starving and it can let that precious fat go xxx

As for me... I think Im going to up my fitbit step goal to keep me that little bit more active (it was set at 13k but I hit that every single day) and also Im going to try and get at least one ten minute session in with my weighted hoop every day... I enjoy it and its easy extra exercise :)

Have a good day everyone!

• roz0810
    Great job on the steps kiay!

I've joined a 10 day weigh in challenge so for the first time in a while I'm weighing daily and then probably back to weekly depending how it goes! - 2lb down so far.
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    On track yesterday back to it today. Good luck everyone!
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Thanks for the welcome @kiay131982!

I’m 33 and losing weight after our third child (who is 18 months). Prior to marriage I was a professional athlete, so getting back into shape after the first two children was basically a breeze! However, something happened to me during the third child lol, because the weight didn’t want to come off as easily so, here I am!

I was formerly quite active here back in 2012-2014 time frame. Lost a lot of weight and got in my best shape so I know this community and the accountability really helps.

I’m looking to lose 20-30lbs over a year or so. I homeschool the kids and we don’t have access to a gym, so my exercises of choice revolve around YouTube videos and running/walking outside or on our treadmill.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Today I ran for an hour after some bad breakfast choices 😬
  • EarthyEm
    EarthyEm Posts: 18 Member
    Hiya,

Had a bit of a binge the past few days due to lady business
    It was nice to listen to my body.

On the same thread of listening to the body, I jogged for the first time in years! I'm inspired to keep it up. Needing to motivate to lace up those shows tomorrow morning!

Out for a 3 mile (5k?) walk today in the 80 degree heat.

• kiay131982
    Morning all!!

@fairestthings I'm still trying to lose my latest lot of baby weight after my 4th...and he will be 5 in July!! :)
    I had lost alot of it, then I spent 2018 poorly and lost alot more weight.... I was the lightest I had been in my adult life, but I was ill... I spent the first half of last year effectively recovering, and the weight just went on.. And on... Despite trying not to let that happen!! So since September I have been actively trying to get it off again whilst healthy, and its proving stubborn!!

@EarthyEm that time of the month makes me crave all the carbs! I hear you!! :)
    Lace up those shoes and jog the cobwebs away :)
  • roz0810
    Hey everyone. Day 3 of smoothie detox here. Finally. Loved it but miss my food. Will probably still have a smoothie everyday though, forgot how much I love them.

Welcome fairestthings ❤️
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Tracked again yesterday. 2days in a row- yay!
    Fairestthings- also a homeschooling family- totally get what you said about home work outs/runs.... same here. It can be a challenge, but we got this!!

Kiay- I get what you’re saying too- I’ve had several unhealthy seasons in my life- typically in response to tough situations - when I can’t control anything else going on, I control food. This typically results in me loosing a bunch of weight, but not with a healthy mind. This was the case for me in 2017. Now that my mind is healthy again, the weight is coming back slowly but surely. And that’s why I’m here. To learn to live with a healthy mind while stopping the slow gain. To live in the range I want to be and be healthy mentally would be awesome. I think it can be done and knowing others are in the same or similar boat helps! Keep at it. I will too!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Think I need to hide scale for a month. Down last week to 153.6. Been within cals all week. 154.4 today. Grrr. Think I need to eat more protein and veggies. But really haven't been that bad (except finishing kids noodles yest lol). Also been hitting my steps everyday except Sunday and lifted weights 2 days. Well today’s a new day. Helping out at the grocery store today unloading truck. Will also get in a walk this evening plus 30 day squat and ab. Then treadmill and weights tomorrow.
  • Cerizez
    @renaegry : I'm the same. I'm under calories, and yet, the scale is stuck or else moving upwards. My exercise is ok, eating clean, calories low, macros good, drinking lots of water, yet the scales is going the wrong way.

I've tried being very restrictive and changing my macros and types of food eaten, that didn't work either. It's MADDENING.

My only comfort is that the measuring tape is staying the same. Although, since I'm below calories I wish it was reducing.