WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I just burned a bunch of calories riding my tryke in the garage. I am happy with getting good exercise. All of our restrictions make it a challenge to stay active.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    I have a cow milk allergy- no butter milk or cheese. But I do fine with goat's milk because it is somehow different enough. So I can have goat milk cheese too. It tastes a little tangy but I get used to it.

Annie in Delaware

My niece is lactose intolerant too, but she can have goat milk without problems.

Tina in CA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 942 Member
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    qh5ivhnq1g5f.jpg

This is how I feel. I have a hard time sticking to the one-way arrows when people are lallygagging and clogging up the aisles. I just want to get what I need and get out. I often park my cart and grab what I need from this aisle, then that one, rather than drag my cart everywhere.

Tina
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Nanners - I live in the big city with water restrictions.My fruit trees are ones that don’t need much water. I do have a few plants but the Ferrell street cats here attack them a lot. 7th most populated city in the USA 🇺🇸 San Antonio Tx the big city population of over 2.5 million people .

Annie- Hubby y me both are lactose intolerant so goat milk y Vegetable or nut based milks

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Got my vegetable oil in the mail so can finally make successful brownies!!!

My seasoning 🧂 cabinet getting more y more empty but figure out with the old by the time I’m fully out maybe the world will be in a better place food to virus wise to get more.

Amber Tx

Making brownies with bits of butterscotch chips in it yummy 😋
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited April 2020
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

More on group work ... just got an email from my instructor that I'm right. We are supposed to come up with a research plan (as if we were PhD students) ... we are not writing a research paper!

Hopefully that redirects my group members who want to write a research paper!

Instructors often think that assigning group work teaches students to work in teams, improves communication, etc. so that students will be better prepared for the workforce ... but it doesn't. Group work makes me feel like I'm 5 years old and "telling" on the other students because they're not doing the right thing. I hate that! And then we have to do "peer reviews" where we're forced to tell on each other. "Johnny didn't write his section properly". In the workforce, we do discuss things and have different ways of approaching things, but the goal is so much clearer and we're looking for a more effective and efficient way of attaining the goal.

Machka in Oz

The fault in the thinking is that most masters level students (in the USA anyway) have already been in the workforce for some amount of time and work in teams accordingly. I didn't learn anything from group projects in classes. They just frustrated me. I resigned to just doing the work for the group (at least it flowed better that way), assigning sections to present to the members, and taking the grade knowing I did the best job I could and my grade at least reflected my effort. I was not reliant upon others. This is not necessarily the proper method, but I didn't have time for nonsense. I was working full time, after all.

Tina in CA

I've discovered that quite a few of the Master's students have never held a job at all, ever. The majority of the rest may have worked a little bit on breaks between courses. A few have actually held full time positions.

And most of the time I do exactly what you did. I'm working full time, I have fit uni work in between that, I can't meet to chat just whenever ... so I prefer to read over the assignment, divide it up as quickly as possible and get to it.

My group this time consists of 3 "leaders" ... I divide it up ... they redivide it ... we have a discussion and I think we've settled on something ... then they change their minds ....
    Bit challenging!

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    Hello all: DD just got word today that her workplace will start ramping up next week. She works in a warehouse. She has been off work for 6 weeks. I am going to miss having her around but still have lots to keep me busy. They are bringing back workers a few at a time and putting precautions in place. No one at her place of work has gotten sick.

Can't stand either coffee or tea.

I love children's and YA literature. My reading list looks very close to a lot of yours. Loved all books about horses, I had most of the Black Stallion books. I did not read Anne of Green Gables until I was in college but love those books. I like Anne McCaffrey, both her adult and YA books. I think I just love books.

Katla - I am sure Arrow will be glad to see you when you can get there. My BF in CO has been out to see her horse quite a lot. She and Lily have had some nice rides when the weather has co-operated. She says it has helped to keep her sane.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA where our traveling nurse says they are bracing for the second wave of COVID they expect to come soon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station, wind, sprinkles- 1hr, 4min 55sec, 139mhr, 12.2amph, 13.23mi= 460c
    apple watch- 497c
    walk sta 2 wrk w/bkpack- 8.08min, 4.0ap, 120mhr, .53mi= 19c
    apple watch- 51c
    walk wrk 2 sta- 7.13min, 4.0ap, 115mhr, .48mi= 38c
    Apple watch- 51c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm 11mph winds- 19.52min, 7.8amph, 140mhr, 2.58mi= 171c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 770
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    lucky_mee love your poacher pics. the black lab kinda looks like my yogi. that was an old pup pic
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Amber – I bet RJ would love playing in the dirt as he “helps” you plant. You should go for it. The biggest downside I can see is that you’d probably have to give RJ a bath much more…lol

Katla – with these restrictions, I am finding that it’s more work to get my water in.

Tina – in some ways I don’t like this one way in the aisles. I, too, usually know what I want, where it is, and I just want to go get it. Instead I have to go up one aisle to go down the one I want. Well, I guess in the end it’s really a small price to pay.

OOops…mahjongg time

Ginny OH – when this stay-at-home stuff first started, I thought I’d go out of my mind with boredom. I was always the person who was out and about. But now I’m getting used to this stuff and in a way I’ll be sorry when it’s lifted. Of course, I’ll probably go back to my old ways.

Katla – is Arrow very far away from you? I would think maybe you can go for a ride. Wouldn’t you be 6 feet away from a person (Arrow doesn’t count – at least I don’t think so)

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) Another lovely day filled with dog walking, dancing, riding the exercise bike, watching TV, listening to a great audio book, reading, and answering emails. No work in the yard because the rain started a few minutes before I had planned to go out and left everything too wet for yard work.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3:)