"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Continuing with painting trim on my house.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken fettucine yesterday.

• LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    edited April 2020
    Small Victory!!!!!

Working on liking myself Unconditionally

Month 1 of insanity in the books. The inner pride I have right now is off the charts. Insanity is a tough program and I've tried on more than one occasion to complete it and never have. This time I'm more physically ready for challenge, and it's my time! A full week of slower paced recovery workouts will be nice too. Marking this occasion with a bit of a splurge on dinner (within moderation of course)

Cardio: Day 27 (Plyo 450 cal)

Strength: N/A till my gym reopens

Assessment: Chili Cheese Fries

• ninerbuff
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    Small Victory!!!!!

Month 1 of insanity in the books. The inner pride I have right now is off the charts. Insanity is a tough program and I've tried on more than one occasion to complete it and never have. This time I'm more physically ready for challenge, and it's my time! A full week of slower paced recovery workouts will be nice too. Marking this occasion with a bit of a splurge on dinner (within moderation of course)

Cardio: Day 27 (Plyo 450 cal)

Assessment: Chili Cheese Fries
    Insanity is pretty tough so great job!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! A few more trim to paint then I'll be ready to move onto the garage doors.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Tony's pizza for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Almost done with all of the painting of trim on the first floor. Garage doors are gonna be the toughest.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Adobo and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Starting the trim painting on the upper floor now. Lots to do around the windows though.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! There was a lot of old paint under the fading paint that wasn't properly removed that a good 3 hours removing yesterday from just 2 old windows. I've sealed both of them, but eventually I'll have to replace the wood because it's looking pretty bad.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fish sticks for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    edited April 2020
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Alright only 8 windows left to paint.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated cable rows, cable pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and Asian salad for dinner!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Still working on the upper floor trim.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chops and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! Lol, the upper floors are much more challenging because on a ladder I don't have the ability to maneuver some angles. So I'm spending more time trying just not to fall than painting.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Burger and fries last night for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    Still Grinding

This week was my Recovery Week, and the workout was actually easy for me this time around. I havent kept up on my posting but the week was so easy I didn't really need the accountability to help me press play everyday. I suspect that will be changing as I will be starting Month 2 tomorrow! I'm actually nlmore excited than nervous. I've made it to this point before in my previous attempts, but found month 2 so challenging that I couldn't physically and mentally conquer it. This is the best shape I've been since my high school days, which is just as sad as it is true, and I will finally achieve the body I've been working towards this year.

Cardio: Day 35 ( Fit Test 275 cal)

Assessment: Chicken fajitas

• ninerbuff
    Still Grinding

This week was my Recovery Week, and the workout was actually easy for me this time around. I havent kept up on my posting but the week was so easy I didn't really need the accountability to help me press play everyday. I suspect that will be changing as I will be starting Month 2 tomorrow! I'm actually nlmore excited than nervous. I've made it to this point before in my previous attempts, but found month 2 so challenging that I couldn't physically and mentally conquer it. This is the best shape I've been since my high school days, which is just as sad as it is true, and I will finally achieve the body I've been working towards this year.

Cardio: Day 35 ( Fit Test 275 cal)

Assessment: Chicken fajitas
    Keep grinding! You can always reassess after you've completed your next challenge.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A few touchups on the trim and paint the flashing and I'm done!

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment:[/b} Lasagne for dinner last night.

• LargeEricS
    Still Grinding

Today will be the 3rd day of month 2 for me, Day 38, Max Cardio Conditioning. The first two days were rough. The two biggest differences to me are the length obviously, and the strength required. For the length, 60mins is just a long time to go wide open, and I get so tired I get a sense of time just dragging on which in turns just wears on me mentally. But the strength required is the biggest change, to me at least. After month one I am more than conditioned cardio wise to keep chugging through month 2, but shaun t stepped up the upper body attention. Yesterday was max plyo and he has you attempting like a 100 pushups or more plus other exercises in high plank, and so forth also taxing the upper body. However, what doesn't kill is suppose to make you stronger, or so they say.

Cardio: Day 38 ( Max Cardio 600+ cal.)

Assessment: hotdogs over a bonfire

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! FINALLY got all the trim done! It was a lot more challenging than I thought, but should save me money when I get the rest of the house painted.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. I haven't had any Taco Bell in over 2 months.

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    Hi guys! New to the group. I want to stay accountable for my exercise.

Cardio: Walking later, probably 1.5 miles.

Strength: upper body - chest fly, reverse fly, lateral raises, pullovers, hammer curls, tricep extensions, shoulder shrugs, front raise (palm up) 45 sec. for each exercise, 10 sec transition. 3 sets. All exercises were alternating.

Assessment: Doing well so far with food. This morning was an omelette with smoked salmon, spinach and goat cheese.
  • LargeEricS
    Still Grinding

60 minutes of HIIT is much different than 60 minutes in the gym lifting and finishing with 15-20min of easy cardio. I don't want to sound lazy, but I'm looking ahead to greener pastures and easier days again lol

Cardio: Day 39 ( Max Recovey 400cal.)

Strength N/A till my gym reopens

Assessment: Turkey Meatballs
  • ninerbuff
    Still Grinding

60 minutes of HIIT is much different than 60 minutes in the gym lifting and finishing with 15-20min of easy cardio. I don't want to sound lazy, but I'm looking ahead to greener pastures and easier days again lol

Cardio: Day 39 ( Max Recovey 400cal.)

Strength N/A till my gym reopens

Assessment: Turkey Meatballs
    Yeah, I taught a kickboxing class on bags and we did 1 minute of exercise and then a 30 second rest, then continued till the hour was up. People would crawl out when we were done. And they PAID extra to do that class.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Today I'm going to clean out the garage a little more and make it more organized.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and cauliflower for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Well because it was so hot yesterday, instead of cleaning the garage, I powerwashed the fence and today I'm putting on new waterproofing. Went out and bought an airless spray gun I hope to use more often.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over rows, seated cable rows, cable pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork adobo for dinner.