Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

🏵️Hello, ladies! Happy May! 🏵️

🏵️ We finally made it through April! Hopefully, everyone is continuing to stay safe wherever you are in the world. While situations continue to change somehow both rapidly and slowly all at once, our commitment to bettering our health has remained the same.

🏵️ This May, let's be strong. Let's be mighty. Let's be resilient. We can bend, but we will not break. What things, mental or physical, have helped to get you through these tough times? And have your goals, long or short term, changed for this month?

🟠 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM!, you're one of us.

🟠 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🟠All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🟠 Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🧡Remember you are a force to be reckoned with! Have a mighty good May! 🧡

Replies

• finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member

🏵️ We finally made it through April! Hopefully, everyone is continuing to stay safe wherever you are in the world. While situations continue to change somehow both rapidly and slowly all at once, our commitment to bettering our health has remained the same.

🏵️ This May, let's be strong. Let's be mighty. Let's be resilient. We can bend, but we will not break. What things, mental or physical, have helped to get you through these tough times? And have your goals, long or short term, changed for this month?

🟠 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM!, you're one of us.

🟠 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🟠All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🟠 Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

How do we join again? I forgot.
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    @finngirl61 Hi and welcome! You simply post your goals for the month. Feel free to check back in as often as you'd like to update us on your progress or comment on someone else's post. 💜

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    finngirl61 wrote: »

How do we join again? I forgot.

However you'd like. Some people post goals and update weekly, others do not use that structure. Whatever and however works best for you is what you should do. You're here, you've joined us. :smile:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    So here is how I'm trying to be mighty in May:

🏵️1st: I am trying a No Meat May challenge. I just bought tofu for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE and I'm researching ways to prepare it. If anyone, has any tips and tricks to help me along this month, I would greatly appreciate it! I have never had any compulsion to be vegetarian, but lately cooking raw meat/poultry has been really off-putting. So I figured, hey, let's give this no meat thing a shot for 30 days.

There is an Indonesian dish I love. It is called Tahu Goreng. It is fried tofu with peanut butter sauce. You dip the tofu in beaten egg and pan fry. Then make an Indonesian peanut sauce (garlic, soy sauce a little water). You parboil some bean sprouts to put on top of the fried tofu. It gives you that protein satisfaction you get from eating a steak.
  • KeriA
    jm216 wrote: »
    Can’t believe that tomorrow is May 1st!

My May goals are to kick being in a funk on grey or rainy days. Keep moving at least 5 if not 6 days a week. Be in the yard in the sun as much as possible.

Jill

I seem to have a funk day once a week. It used to be Mondays but this week Monday was good but yesterday was my funk day.
  • KeriA
    Hello everyone,I'm new here.Just diving right in i'm having an extremely hard time losing. I just bought a scale for the first time in a few years and even though i thought i was losing i ended up being 15 lbs heavier than i originally thought.
    My big goal is to lose about 84 lbs.My small goal is to lose anything at this point.
    My workouts are 7 days a week and weight training is 3 days a week.Monday,wednesday,friday kickboxing.Tuesday and Saturday is power zumba,Thursday is barre and sunday is cardio dance and yoga.
    My eating has stayed within my caloric requirements but i would like to goal to use a food scale and to not eat after 9 o clock at night.ALso going hand in hand with that to not go to bed at 4 am anymore and get a good nights sleep.

You have really got the exercise and eating down! The basics of health are though are water and sleep. I struggle with these but find if they aren't there the other doesn't work as well.
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @RavenStCloud -
    This was the first recipe I ever made with Tofu that I really liked.
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/4305-red-cooked-tofu

This is one I made recently that is delicious, easy and healthy:
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012494-spinach-tofu-and-sesame-stir-fry

This one was also really good:
    https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1020530-baked-tofu-with-peanut-sauce-and-coconut-lime-rice

My daughter is vegan, so I practice making meatless dishes a lot. Hit me up if you want more recipes.