WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - April 2020

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Good Morning Group !

It's a yucky, rainy, windy, stormy day here... We have a new girl in the office starting today, so we are supposed to order out lunch, but I made mine anyway, cause I didn't see anything I wanted... Although I might get a salad to have along side my wrap, then I can pretty much skip dinner..

So my walk last night, well it turned into a jog... Ya see I forgot the poop bags, and of course the big one squatted like it was time to go, so we jogged home quickly... (because my brain said that would be easier than letting him go, then circling back to pick it up) I honestly thought I was gonna die, but I also came to a realization, that, sure the pilates and such help, but if I want to lose real weight, that is what I need to be doing, so I think I am going to start a running program, when I was jogging I could just feel all the looseness ( if that makes any sense), and I didn't like that feeling... So I am going to do some reading today and add jogging to my repertoire 3 days a week...

Tomorrow is my 100% restart, I'm excited... I will be sharing so much, you guys are gonna be sick of me...

Have a great last day of April, the weirdest Month yet !
    Nothing like a good poop story to get this rainy Thursday going in style!! I truly look forward to getting sick of you. A lot of people have had luck with the Couch to 5k program (or whatever snazzy abbreviation they use). I totally agree with you that while Pilates is amazing for tightening up that core, getting balance and posture feeling good again, and somewhat with other stuff, you still need good old aerobic exercise. And you need to get sweaty. Let's try to egg each other on (you hear that @eggfreak ? :wink: ) and get sick of each other, but love our showers. And whine about no wine...
  • jugar
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Grrr...I just learned that you can't start a comment, then go back through the thread for things you wanted to touch on...without losing your comment and have to start all over.
    @jugar
    PW 165
    CW 165
    This is just the prod I needed to get the dumbbells in action and nip any kind of 'plateau' in the bud.
    "you cannot out-exercise a bad diet" - love this.
    @micki48 yes, I'll join the steppers group :smile:

You lost 5 pounds this month! I call that tiara-worthy :smiley:
  • jugar
    greywaves wrote: »
    Hello I will be joining you for May’s challenge.

Welcome, @greywaves! Tell us a bit about yourself, your goals, your challenges - anything you are comfortable sharing. It is always fun to know your first name and where you live too if that is OK by you! We have members in Europe, Canada, and the US so far - but we're all just distance pals at this point, as you can imagine. It's still fun to imagine the pins on the map.

If you have any questions at all, fire away!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Made we smile @Gidgitgoescrazy Looking forward to your posts and running.
  • jugar
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10794376/waistaways-team-chat-may-2020#latest

The May chat is open! For now, please use it to put in your introduction and goals for the month. Continue all weigh-ins and chitchat here until the end of Saturday, and then we're ready to move on :smiley:
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Tiny rant: I. Hate. This. Audit. I'm on section 9 of 13 and I'm just. Over it. Can't focus.

I'm at home for confidentiality reasons since I'm auditing someone else's company so I have all their info. I like to have Let's Plays on TV while I work (today is Death Stranding) so I'm on the couch instead of in the office, and my furry supervisor keeps trying to push my laptop on the floor and take its place.

Talk about micromanaging.
  • jugar
    Terytha wrote: »
    Tiny rant: I. Hate. This. Audit. I'm on section 9 of 13 and I'm just. Over it. Can't focus.

I'm at home for confidentiality reasons since I'm auditing someone else's company so I have all their info. I like to have Let's Plays on TV while I work (today is Death Stranding) so I'm on the couch instead of in the office, and my furry supervisor keeps trying to push my laptop on the floor and take its place.

Talk about micromanaging.

Those furry things are nothing but trouble in the office!
  • jugar
    The Habit Tracker for May is ready - go ahead and put in your name and your habits all ready to go on Sunday!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11XRPbqCn6CWMJGL2Yk0lI3LGKKv28WN13qMR24BszJg/edit?usp=sharing
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    @jugar I would love to skip my weigh in this week. I just started my time of the month and with all the water weight....so stupid. It's just terrible timing and it's not me, it's hormones. I didn't work out yesterday but I cleaned house for 2 hours. I got the house decorated for my son's 9th birthday tomorrow. The kids are pretty excited. I haven't had the best meals lately. Calories are fine they are just mostly grab and go things due to busy schedules. My husband and I had salad for an evening snack just to get in some vegetables. Today is my Friday and I am ready. Next I'm squeezing in my barre workout in between laundry loads.

Welcome to all the new team members!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 680 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    The Habit Tracker for May is ready - go ahead and put in your name and your habits all ready to go on Sunday!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11XRPbqCn6CWMJGL2Yk0lI3LGKKv28WN13qMR24BszJg/edit?usp=sharing

I like the habit tracker - it's a great idea - pondering my May habits. I think the spreadsheet is locked for editing, though, I can't enter any text. Had a great walk in the woods early evening - saw a Great Horned Owl - how cool!!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Yesterday was a snacky day, I was just so hungry, like stomach rumbling hungry. Not sure what that was about but glad to be over it today. I participated in an online pilates class yesterday with a couple of friends (through FB messenger) and it was much more challenging than I thought. Today was a more reasonable food day and I should have a calorie deficit before it's over. My husband made dinner and he likes salt a LOT more than I do. Good thing I don't weigh tomorrow, I'm sure the water weight will be on for a bit as a result 😬. But I got in a bunch of steps today and I'm drinking lots of water. Looking forward to sunshine and gardening this weekend!
  • jugar
    @jugar I would love to skip my weigh in this week. I just started my time of the month and with all the water weight....so stupid. It's just terrible timing and it's not me, it's hormones. I didn't work out yesterday but I cleaned house for 2 hours. I got the house decorated for my son's 9th birthday tomorrow. The kids are pretty excited. I haven't had the best meals lately. Calories are fine they are just mostly grab and go things due to busy schedules. My husband and I had salad for an evening snack just to get in some vegetables. Today is my Friday and I am ready. Next I'm squeezing in my barre workout in between laundry loads.

Welcome to all the new team members!
    No problem! Sounds like a crazy week, and sometimes it is good to just pass those by as far as record keeping goes. I'm sure your 9 year old appreciates all the effort even so! Your last week's weigh-in will then be your starting weight for May, so you have all the way until a week from tomorrow to get back to feeling great again. Have a fun party!
  • jugar
    edited May 2020
    eggfreak wrote: »

I like the habit tracker - it's a great idea - pondering my May habits. I think the spreadsheet is locked for editing, though, I can't enter any text. Had a great walk in the woods early evening - saw a Great Horned Owl - how cool!!

Weird. It says anyone with the link should be able to edit. I'll check it again... Thanks for the heads-up!

Update - I checked, and indeed I needed to click another box to make it that everyone can edit. It should work now!
  • jugar
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a snacky day, I was just so hungry, like stomach rumbling hungry. Not sure what that was about but glad to be over it today. I participated in an online pilates class yesterday with a couple of friends (through FB messenger) and it was much more challenging than I thought. Today was a more reasonable food day and I should have a calorie deficit before it's over. My husband made dinner and he likes salt a LOT more than I do. Good thing I don't weigh tomorrow, I'm sure the water weight will be on for a bit as a result 😬. But I got in a bunch of steps today and I'm drinking lots of water. Looking forward to sunshine and gardening this weekend!

So lovely that your husband cooks, but see if you can convince him to add his salt at the table! I had the same issue with my husband, but he is well trained now...

Hungry all day - I had one like that yesterday too! Must have been in the air. Sounds like you had a great day today, though :heart:
  • jugar
    Weigh in Friday coming up!

@KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170

This is the last one of the month - and it will be your starting weight for May. Bring on the numbers!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Grrr...I just learned that you can't start a comment, then go back through the thread for things you wanted to touch on...without losing your comment and have to start all over.

@eggfreak This app is very frustrating in that way. I have lost so many posts for lots of different reasons. But, you are correct, you can't search around without losing your text. Grrrrr is right!

And so glad you will be joining our Steppers. You are killing this Workweek Hustle girl! xoxo
  • micki48

All set up and ready to go for May! I WILL do it this month. April was surely a holding pattern for me. Considering all that is going on in the world, I will accept it as par for the course. But May is going to be a losing month.
  • micki48
    edited May 2020
    jguldi11 wrote: »

So lovely that your husband cooks, but see if you can convince him to add his salt at the table! I had the same issue with my husband, but he is well trained now...

Hungry all day - I had one like that yesterday too! Must have been in the air. Sounds like you had a great day today, though :heart:

I had a snacky day too. Too many sweet things going on here. I had months with no sweets. I was so good. Are sweets comfort food? Why am I craving them so right now? I also realize the more I eat sugar/sweets, the more I want it. I need to cold turkey that stuff now!

I worked in my garden for about an hour today. I also got in a few minutes of pilates, but then my daughter called and needed my help. I forgot I told her I would help. So, I packed it up and headed over. Never got back to it today. Boo. Somehow, my log came up under calories today. I feel like I must have missed something. Didn't get in all my steps yet today. It's not likely to happen because my fitbit is dead and needs charging, so even if I get those steps it won't record it.

Wow! Tomorrow is already May! That is so hard to believe. I feel like it was the beginning of March yesterday and yet years ago. What a strange two months it has been. It's time to get back on this journey and make those numbers go down. This is going to be the "new normal" for a long while. It is scary that people around here are disregarding the stay at home order at this point. They think it is over, when, in fact, there are more cases every day. We are supposed to be starting to opening up the state in a little over a week. My family will be continuing with our social distancing for quite a while longer. We have taken a leave from our club as swimming pools and gyms don't seem like a great idea to me yet. So I need a new plan for exercise and keeping cool this summer.

Oh well, rattled on enough. Hope you are all doing well.

Who else wants to be on our step team?
    I have @Gidgitgoescrazy , @eggfreak , @YinxFed.

@Steph1498, @evangsimmons170 , @KellyBgetsfit Are you all continuing for May?

xoxoMichele
This discussion has been closed.