WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited May 2020
    SuziQ: 👍🏻Congrats on reaching goal.
    Heather: We are fortunate that NI also has so far had minimal cases and deaths. However, am ever aware that that could change in an instant, so not complacent re precautions etc.
    I hope things are okay with Machka. Not like her at all!
    Tracey: Shocking news re care homes. I hope your manager uses the utmost discretion re precautions.

We are coping well, and I am determined to stay on track, and build on all the progress I have worked so hard to achieve.
    Milk: I drink soy milk, which doesn’t need refrigerated before opening, and doesn’t last long enough to go bad after opening. DH drinks semi skimmed and we buy enough for a week.

☘️ Irish Terri
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    @Barbie thanks for starting us off.
    @Suzi @Terri thanks for your intros and tips.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited May 2020
    Love the tree Pip
    Our governor raves about how well we are doing and our stats. The few times I go into stores some are doing great others not so great and I still run into too many who are not keeping distance and or not wearing masks. We are not testing enough for me to believe these stats. He is also easing some restrictions without enough testing. I wish he would make masks mandatory like California and Texas. I am afraid we are in for some big spikes once we go to 5000 tests a day. It makes me want to be even more careful because there are too many who still do not get how serious this illness is I afraid they won't get it until they or one of their loved ones gets a serious version and then it will be too late for them.
  • bananasandoranges
    @Tina thanks for the thoughts on Dracula and Transylvania. It sounds scary. I'm going to start reading it today or tomorrow.

@Ginny I change tops for work video meetings too, and make sure my hair is ok.

@Flea yes more people are baking bread. I guess since fresh bread only keeps soft a few days (and not everyone has endless freezer space) it's a way to have fresh bread w/out going out; plus there is time to bake it. Many of my students say they are doing more cooking or baking. I'm not baking bread but am cooking more, (soups, etc.) since home at every lunch and dinner, so i can relate. I went through a bread baking period at around 20, when i was an au pair and the 2 year old would take his afternoon nap. I did see that some bakeries have massive bags of flour up front. It looked like they were selling them to the public. I guess a big family could buy a massive bag of flour for 2 months confinement.

@Michele sorry about Lexi's health.

I lopped off several inches (of hair) a few days ago and it's much easier to care for now. I was so overdue for a cut. Got rid of a ton of split ends and now it's not tangling anymore. it was constantly tangling previously. last May i got highlights for 1st time any color event in 20 years. (only 2 other times were 1x at age 16 and a temp dye at around age 30). I like the look but the guy put something all around my hair to offbalance the highlights without asking me, and since then my hair had been so easily snarled. I could take 30 min to unsnarl and 30 min later i'd have snarls again and the next day another 15 minutes to unsnarl, ,regardless of what kind of conditioner, mask, etc i used. Now it's all smooth and healthy again. I like the highlight look for texture but i'm gonna look for another option.
  • bananasandoranges
    not in great spirits. sorry but that's how it is. I had forgotten yesterday that today is a public holiday. May day. I feel like staying in bed all day, day after day. Usually people are selling lillies of the valley all over the place, and the atmosphere tends towards festive on this day.

-these past days sometimes when i eat i start sneezing and acting allergic. I don't know why, it doesn't seem to be when i'm eating something unusual.

i had ordred a kitchen scale to replace broken one and a computer cable to replace broken one and Amazon says they were delivered April 14th but i never got them. We had a replacement concierge then but it seems unlikely that he'd ve stolen those and not the iphone i got at the same time. They are supposed to call Tuesday. Of course the computer cable is a big deal.

-I think i might have something physically. I had a diagnosis of shingles (which is tiring). I had 2 possible diagnosis of Coronavirus (one at time of cough at early confinement and another at time of fever in mid confinement. I'd be willing to wager that at least 30% of Parisians have had the virus, and i interacted with a lot of people and groups in several different places, a few weeks before confinement. A couple of my closest friends had mild cases, but i wasn't in physical contact with them just before. I was supposed to get a in depth blood exam in march but it's put off until June. My MD also prescribed an abdominal and thoracic CT scan if i don't feel better. I've never gotten a CT scan due to the radiation. With advance planning you can get an MRI here at very low (around 69 euros or 69+2) cost w no co-pay so i prefer that. But i guess CT is better for something.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    :)Karen in Virginia, Thanks for sharing the "no children will die" story. I have no experience that is as profound as that, but I have frequently said, "no children will go hungry" regarding financial setbacks that seem huge or unfair and realizing that "no children will go hungry" has put the setback in perspective.

:) I loved the stories of husbands sleeping through big noisy events. Jake wears earplugs and sleeps through some stuff but nothing like that.

:) When I turned the page to the May calendar, I saw three birthdays, the date of flea meds for the pets, and a dentist appointment that was scheduled in January. As someone said, "sure didn't need to buy a daily planner for 2020".

:) Jake has all the ingredients laid out for making rye bread with chopped pecans. Yum.

:)Kelly, what great news about the expansion of your child care business and the inclusion of your husband.

:) I finished April averaging over 14,000 steps a day---not a record for me, but a good number.

:)Tracey, I'm sure the staff where you work will create some strong guidelines for people coming to visit.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ❤️🧡💛💚
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Vic UK- so true never know who does stuff for attention anymore. If they are real diaries that’s remarkable definitely a good family keepsake. If not then well hopefully it will give hope to some ,hopefully if she’s lying 🤥 the lady will not become famous.

Milk- I ordered some shelf staple almond milk for when we need it for JR can’t find any. We got a jug in the fridge.

Water - I use a huge measured bottle so no need to keep track having a 1.5-2litter water jug fill it up wash reuse or replace with the next one I get I drink it all up in 24hours so I know my intake.

Amber Tx

Today still no idea my meals. Quesadilla for JR.Chicken y mash potatoes with toast for hubby a salad on the side. Myself unknown will see maybe chili y onions.