NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @trooworld I'm so sorry to hear that. At least unemployment should help in the meantime?

@retiredandlovingit Hopefully you're able to stay healthy with house guests coming. I'd be anxious too!

@renaegry Just keep focusing on those good, healthy habits, you got this!

@TeresaW1020 Making your own barre studio sounds awesome! That pretzel move looks extremely tough, way to go!

Happy Thursday all! Yesterday was so insanely busy at work. Today is also going to be crazy busy with lots of meetings this afternoon. I would say I'm looking forward to the weekend, but I'm not because...housework. Ugh. But hopefully I can carve in some time to read for fun and get out for a long bike ride.

I ended up overeating last night because we ordered sushi bento boxes and it ended up being so much food but it was too delicious to stop! Oh well, at least it was healthy sushi and sashimi. Today I'll do better of sticking within my nutrition goals.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Morning all. Pulled a stupid muscle in my back yesturday. Around my sciatica. Still will get my jog in today and possible an evening walk. Will still lift weights but will drop some weight deadlifting. Need to get some book work done today. Weather is finally nice here. Forcasting for 20C today.

@trooworld sorry to hear about your job.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, I know that you are feeling very stressed out about your job and I am sorry. You have been doing so well by not stress eating and sticking to your plan. Are you ready to tackle this month with purpose and commitment to yourself? I hope so because I need a role model. <3

@RetiredAndLovingIt, happy anniversary! If there wasn’t a health scare going on would you be excited to have your grandkids visit? I do wander around when I go shopping and the good thing about going so early is that the store isn’t crowded it doesn’t feel stressful. You should go! :)

@mswatson0777, I hope you find some time this weekend to relax. I’ve got a bunch of housework and reorganizing I want to do too but I plan to spread it out. My problem is that I have that 5000 piece puzzle on my dining room table and its so tempting to wander over there where a quick look turns into 30 minutes or more. :D

Good morning! Well, our staff meeting yesterday went well and we picked June 7th to open up for our first Sunday back. But then last night we heard that the governor has extended the shelter in place for seniors until June 12th, so we have to change our date. My poor DH is NOT happy! :o They had also opened up some of the restaurants and we were going to start a once a week date night, which we need now that mom lives here. But he can’t go to restaurants either. Ugghhh another month and half of this crap! I really hate this stupid virus! :angry: But it is what it is and it’s a new month and I need to focus on my weight. I only lost a pound last month and that is pathetic!!! It’s time to dig deep and find my commitment. I look at it this way. I have at least another six weeks before I see most of my friends again. Wouldn’t it be fun to have them notice my weight loss? :)
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @mswatson0777 I'm so glad your counting calories is going well. Today I restart my carb cycling. I'm just ready for the gaining to stop. I gained 0.4 this past week. Yes, she-sheds are important. I'm going to start calling mine that. It's really my bedroom nook. I enjoying reading there and watching my one show a day which I haven't since this whole shutdown started and ds and dh started working from home. My mil lives with me and a caregiver comes in for her and I just enjoying being by myself with no noise except the ones I want to make. So I totally get it. It's so good for our mental health and the health of all those around me. lol

@teresaw1020 Hubbys doing what we say and being happy about it. If only...... Yeah on a blue dot day. I think I will call mine green dot. I showed dh the pretzel and he says shes too thin. I said no way, that's normal. You are just used to me all those years. ;) I will try that exercise. I need more hip stretching exercises too.

@trooworld its not real moonshine but the healthy kind. I'll have to dig up the recipe for you sometime. Apple cider vinegar and some spices in it. So sorry to hear about your job.

@renaegry Don't let the scale get you down. It's just a number. Just data. Our bodies fluctuate from sodium, hormonal stuff, muscle, etc. Do you have more energy? Are your clothes fitting better? What other non scale victories have you had lately?

@retiredandlovingit How are you doing on your food? Ds doesn't mention much about the virus. I have to stalk his area plus you. lol He knows I know you. Yeah, the two cities he works at seems to have just exploded compared to what they were initially. I just watch it go up everyday. He says quit looking at it. He was talking yesterday about a man who has been married 70 years and his wife had to talk to him through the window. That's so sad. I read about this all the time but hearing it from him made me sad. I told him to go be a good grandson to all these people since they can't get any visitors. Happy anniversary.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,852 Member
    Good morning everyone. I found out my work "hopes" to start bringing people back incrementally at the beginning of July. That doesn't give ME much "hope".

@mswatson0777 Thanks. Yes, if I can get signed up. A lot of people have trouble accessing their site/getting signed up because so many people are trying. My plan is to set an alarm for 2:00 a.m. and try in the middle of the night. I hope you can carve out time for your bike ride! I love sushi. ;)

@renaegry Thanks! Sorry to hear about your back. :(

@TeresaW1020 I am. I will not eat over this. I am a bit down in the dumps over this, but I will pick myself up and keep going. What I need to do is set small goals for myself. I have done no exercise since Monday. I need to set a goal around that. Today I will do 5 minutes of exercise. Boom. Goal made. I will track all of my meals, I don't need a small goal around that, that is non-negotiable. I will drink at least 52 oz of water-like beverages. That's great you have a date to look forward to the reopening of your church. Does it make you nervous? Yes, just imagine your friends going, "Have you lost weight?"

@theslightedgeforever Darn, I was enjoying the thought of you drinking actual moonshine. ;) Thank you re: my job.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • mswatson0777
    @renaegry Sorry to hear about your back

@trooworld I'm so sorry, that wouldn't give me much hope either with all that is going on. I'm also concerned about future furloughs at my place of employment, if enrollment goes drastically down I think it's inevitable

@theslightedgeforever I hope day one of carb cycling goes well for you! Your reading nook sounds wonderful and so relaxing. I hope you're able to find time to sneak away and get some time just for you

@TeresaW1020 A pound down during a pandemic is really impressive! Give yourself some credit that you're not going the other direction. I'm sorry you've got at least a month an a half to go. I'm honestly expecting to be stuck distancing through fall, which stinks :/

Happy Friday all! I'm taking off work a little early to run some errands which will be nice. It's another day of back to back meetings so it'll definitely be a busy one.

I'm taking off early this afternoon and I'm excited. I'm having a hard time focusing on work and I am ready for the weekend! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Update:
    ended April at 105.0
    Started April at 107.8

So successfully down 2.8#
    I did maintain the 103.8 for 2 weeks before derailing. So here goes May!!!! Maybe I can end down another #!

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..supposed to be around 80 today! But looked rainy this am & I haven't been out yet. Will go do a driveby later to see dd's new fence, lol. & maybe stop if they are out. Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

@Shexio good job being down almost 3#. That is amazing when so close to goal.

@mswatson0777 Have a great time this afternoon & weekend. Take some time to relax.

@trooworld Sorry about the news for your job. I'll keep thinking good thoughts for it for you. Good job being non-negotiable about your meals. That is a good step forward. I'm still logging, but not being quite as diligent about weighing everything.

@TeresaW1020 Yup, I would be overjoyed about them coming any other time. Might just tell her to quarantine at home for a week before she comes, lol. (I read most people show symptoms within 4-6 days) She usually comes for a week & the kids usually stay an extra 2-3 weeks every summer & then we take them home. Her other option there is to send them to daycamp while she works & she just found out it will be available this summer again. But she is nervous about sending them there for awhile. Has decided they will go there for the month of July until school starts. They are starting to open restaurants in part of the state, so if we wanted to drive a little bit, we could, but have decided against it for awhile. Guess it pays to not have an official shelter in place, lol.

@theslightedgeforever My food has been "OK". I have my calories set to maintain & using my exercise for deficit. I think last week I had about 1000 calories left over, so weight stayed the same. I lost about 2# in March which I think was because I lost inflammation because trying to not eat dairy. My April average weights have stayed the same. Yeah, I always check Poweshiek county also, we have cousins by Grinnell. I hope they know what they are doing with opening the counties up, guess time will tell. I think about your ds in the nursing homes, don't think I actually know anyone in any of them there. I'm sure he is being a "grandson" to as many as possible. I worked in the nursing home for about 2 years, I know you get so attached to the people. My sis did also, & had her wedding reception (small wedding) in the dining room of the one she & my Mom worked at. Please tell me your "moonshine" recipe, also. Good luck with your carb cycling.

Have a great weekend! We can do this!!!

• trooworld
    Hello everyone! I did not do so well this past week, I gained 0.6 lbs when I weighed in today. However, if I look back over how I did in April, I lost 7.6 lbs so that's fabulous and I'm proud that with all the stress that I've been experiencing, I've been able to lose. I'm hoping next week will be better.

@mswatson0777 Thanks, yeah but on the other hand, this furlough gives me plenty of time to focus on getting in shape :) . I'll come back and they won't recognize me lol. I hope the enrollment doesn't go down for your school and you can stay among the employed. Have a wonderful weekend, too!

@Shexio Congratulations! Here's to a great May!

@RetiredAndLovingIt That's nice weather. We are supposed to have nice weather here, too. Not that I'll be out in it. Maybe I'll sit on our condo walkway for a bit with a book. Thanks re: my job. Hopefully, they'll call me back in July. That's good you are still logging your food, that's important.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    https://step.bet/rnPegHUB75

Starting this for the first time tomorrow. If anyone is interested.
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, my DH says the same thing about women I show him doing crazy exercise routines. Clearly we have warped their perspective on what the female body is supposed to look like! :D

@trooworld, That gain was so small and you have been doing awesome! Yes, you need to set small goals. You totally need to do the Tiny Habit challenge in Fat2Fit that will be posted later today. ;) Reopening the church doesn’t make me nervous. I get annoyed at all the precautions we have to take and just wish that it would all go away, and I could hug my friends and the kids again without having to be all weird about it. Maybe in time, huh? :/

@mswatson0777, I hope that you have been having a nice weekend and NO bickering with the hubby. ;)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I think getting your grandkids for a while will be good for you all. I know that we have to be careful but there really has to come a time when we are going to have to take a chance and go for it. Especially if this thing doesn’t go away. :#

@renaegry, that stepping app looks like it could be fun. Let us know how it goes! :)

Good morning! My eating was really good yesterday, but I had pork stir-fry and the sodium puffed me up this morning. Lots of water today! I rearranged my workout room and took out one of the big shelves that was in there. The room was supposed to be for storage and then mom moved in and it now has to play double duty. I bought a small weight rack to hold my dumbbells and then I ordered this beauty called the Booty Kicker. It’s going to work great with my new barre exercises and lots of other exercises too. I just hope that DH can put it together without too much swearing. :D

i5iykg7qo9gz.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Here's some recipes for Goodgirl moonshine. https://mamashire.com/good-girl-moonshine-recipe-roundup/ I started with the peach one and it evolved into using a mix of hibiscus tea bag and a lemon ginger teabag. I hope you get your unemployment worked out and that your little stay at home not working will be a short stint. I tried sushi once. Not for me. Blech! What book are you reading now?

@mswatson0777 Day one did indeed go well and day two too. I hope you are having a good weekend.

@shexio Woohoo You are my inspiration. Keep heading for that lb.

@retiredandlovingit That's great that you maintained. That's my goal for May. This is the peach one I use out of the ones I posted to trooworld. https://mamashire.com/peach-good-girl-moonshine/

@renaegry Thanks for sharing the link. How's your back?

Green Day- 215/238 Exercise-none

May goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals through exercise :(
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all
    I haven’t been doing so well, health and fitness wise. My motivation is low, and then I try something and do poorly, and then I get discouraged, and then my motivation drops. Rinse and repeat.

I’ve gained 4 lbs over the last 6 weeks. Almost 5.

I’m trying to start fresh. I feel like I keep saying that and not doing it. But anyway. I can’t walk very much, just a kilometre a day. That is like a 5 or 10 min walk. But I have been doing it. Yesterday I tried some stairs and my tendon was pretty sore after. Nevertheless I may try again, just here at my building. Maybe like 10-12 steps. Pretty far cry from the 500 I was doing two months ago!
    I’m thinking about getting a bike. I used to bike a lot years ago and then I stopped, mainly bc I find it a hassle to store it and maintain it. But I was thinking- if I can’t walk or run, I might be able to bike because there is no impact on the leg. So I may go to some shops this week.

I’m sitting here thinking about ordering a pizza but trying not to. I may make my own for lunch if I can find the energy.

@theslightedgeforever- sushi is the best man! There’s a restaurant near me and I’ve been craving some for a while. I would go today but I think they’re closed Sundays.

@TeresaW1020 that looks like a neat contraption! I’ve never done anything with barre.

@trooworld I’m glad all your efforts have been paying off.

@RetiredandLovingIt I hope you're able to get a visit in with the fam safely.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! I will check out the Tiny Habits challenge, that sounds great. Yes, definitely in time you can hug all you want! :) The Booty Kicker...lol! That sounds awesome, I hope you like it.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks for the recipes, I've saved them, they look like a good way to get liquids in. The peach one looks the most appealing to me, too. Thanks re: the unemployment situation. I hope so, too. No sushi? :) I'm actually reading two books right now: The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell which is a fiction book and is pretty good, and This Is Big: How the Founder of Weight Watchers Changed the World -- and Me by Marisa Meltzer. How about you?

@its_cleo I'm sorry you aren't doing well. Maybe the Tiny Habits challenge will help you, too? A bike is a great idea.

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @RetiredandLovingIt Were you able to get out and enjoy the weather?

@trooworld Losing 7.6lbs is AMAZING! You're going to blow your coworkers away when you get back to the office

@its_cleo It's a hard time to be motivated with everything going on. I hope you're being kind to yourself about the game. Keep taking those baby steps to get back on track!

@theslightedgeforever How did the weekend go with carb cycling? Did you get some activity in?

@TeresaW1020 That looks like a great bar for your barre classes!

So much for not bickering this weekend. Ugh...spring chores need to be DONE. We've got another full weekend of yard stuff ahead of us that I am 100% not looking forward to it. I think too much house time is getting to us, and we both hate doing house/yard work so it doesn't bring out our best selves.

I also ate my feelings about it Saturday which wasn't great. I'm doing better today, but I'm just feeling really dejected. Quarantine is stretching into the months ahead and I am not feeling my best self.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Yaaaay on another day of good eating. That contraption looks neat. I can't buy any additional equipment or I'm going to have to knock out a wall. lol

@its_cleo So are you doing poorly on these things because the gap between where you are and where you want to be is too wide? Narrow the gap. Maybe a bike is a good thing right now. On the biggest loser show this past season was a lady who broke her ankle. Her trainer just had to find different exercises for her to do to participate and she still lost a bunch of weight. There is always a way, we just have to find what works best for us. Right now, I've increased slightly the amount of carbs I will eat compared to how I usually do this program. It's working so far. Not for losing weight but for being successful in staying within my boundaries of food. Success breeds success in other areas. Keeps the motivation high. Then later I can lower them gradually and start losing. I'm just at the point of I don't want to gain anymore. I think this virus will be around til fall maybe winter and I can't just keep baking and eating.

@trooworld I'm glad you liked the recipes. I'm just reading fluffy football romance novels right now. Bookclub is finished until September.

@mswatson0777 Carb cycling is going very well. I got in two days of exercise and then completely forgot about doing any exercise on Saturday. That tells you its not at the forefront of my mind. I headed for bed and went :o I didn't exercise today. So I was telling cleo to narrow the gap between where she is and where she wants to be. Think of that in terms of your house projects. While the logical thing is the thinking of "I have all this time right now to do these projects. I need to get it done now because soon we'll be back to normal and I won't have any time" But in my mind, who wants to be locked up all the time and then have no fun and have to do all this work. It reminds me of being a kid and I can't go out to play on Saturday cause my mom said I have to do all my chores first. How about pick half the projects or a fourth of the project and do those. The house/yard will still be there next month/year. I know this cause I have my own projects sitting. I've just become really good at blinders so I walk right past. Do you have any fun projects to do with hubby? Life is too short to fight about yard work. I know exactly how you feel about quarantine. Will it ever end I think. So tired of sitting at home.

Red Day-142/155 Exercise 47 min cardio and resistance bands

May goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals through exercise o:)

• TeresaW1020
    edited May 2020
    @its_cleo, that is a good idea to go look for a bike. I wonder if you can give one a test ride just to make sure it doesn’t hurt you. Starting fresh is OK!! It’s if you throw in the towel and give up that isn’t OK. And…you’re NOT going to do that!! Yes, make your own pizza and enjoy it! <3

@trooworld, so do you worry that you will get so used to working that it will be hard to go back? I’m finding that I’ve gotten into a nice routine of just being a lady of leisure. Of course, it would be nice to go to a store just for the joy of browsing and out to a restaurant. :grin:

@mswatson0777, I am sorry that you are feeling down. Quarantine life might be helping the virus but it’s doing nothing for our mental health. My pastor actually did his sermon yesterday on anxiety because we personally know many people who are suffering. Hang in there! <3 I feel you about not liking yard work. Fortunately for us, we have a very small front and back yard and we pay a very nice man and his crew to come and keep it pretty. We did go out and scrub all the pollen off our patio furniture last week. I am determined to buy plastic covers next year to avoid that chore. :)

@theslightedgeforever, I’m excited to get my Booty Kicker in and see if it’s worth the money we just spent. Good job on getting your green dot! I had another blue dot yesterday and have already pre-tracked my day and will be my blue dot. :grin:

Good morning! So life is plugging along here at my house. We had a great Zoom meeting last night with several of our church friends. We just chatted and laughed together, so it was fun. Today, I need to make a grocery list for tomorrow. Tomorrow I’m also scheduled for a hair appointment but I haven’t heard if my salon has reopened. I kind of doubt it and my roots are sad. But I guess it’s OK since I don’t go anywhere other than Walmart. :D I'm off to do week two of Barre Blend and get my sweat on! :sweat_smile:
  • trooworld
    @mswatson0777 If I include my gain this week, I've actually lost 10.9 lbs so far. I'll lose more by the time I go back to work. ;) I WILL blow their minds!!! I think quarantine is getting to everyone. You aren't alone. We are like trapped animals. I'm hoping things get better soon.

@theslightedgeforever I actually got the stuff and made the peach moonshine yesterday. I liked it! :) Oh that's right, I forgot your bookclub takes a break. I'm not actually reading for my bookclub either though.

@TeresaW1020 Not really. I'm antsy to get back to work. I miss my coworkers and working environment. I work on a beautiful campus by the ocean. We have a museum with lots of beautiful items that I get to see every day. It's very lovely. I miss it. And yes, it would be nice to go to a store for the joy of browsing and out to a restaurant!!! Enjoy Barre Blend!

COMMITTED.
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever That is a great analogy. It really does feel like grown up time out right now. I'm such a type A person that I like to push and push to get stuff done. But really, who cares if our deck is power washed and painted? We clearly didn't care enough to do it last year lol. Do you have any exercise plans this week?

@trooworld That is seriously some amazing losses!!! Honestly I'm hoping to just maintain at this point, and somehow even that feels like a stretch so you're seriously killing it!

@TeresaW1020 My dream is to just pay people to take care of it. It's not in the financial cards right now, but hopefully later in life since we want to live the DINK lifestyle (dual income no kids). Your pastor's sermon was very timely since this is definitely affecting mental health across the board. How was Barre Blend with your new bar?

Yesterday was a lot better in our household. We pushed so hard to get things done Saturday that we spent the day relaxing. I took a long bike ride, took the dogs for a walk, and binge watched a ton of Parks and Rec (with a few cocktails). After our stressful day Saturday I think we were both trying to be extra kind and affectionate towards one another. The end of the spring yard work is in sight! He's going to finish power washing the fence/shed next weekend and I'm going to work on repainting the deck. I downloaded a bunch of podcasts to hopefully make it less torturous (I'm very jealous of people who actually like doing yard work).

Then I've got two weeks before summer classes start up. I did drop down to one class this summer so I can focus on my qualifying exam (20 pages of stress that I have to defend in the fall). Luckily my advisor said I can easily make up those credits the following summer without falling behind, which is good news.

I hope you all have a great Monday!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    I just feel so Bad that I've not read your posts. I am thankful for the group though, please know that!

Work is not busy right now so I’m hoping on to post. I think I had a good weekend, stayed on track and got in a ton of walking.
    Started a new workout routine (from beach body-the work) . Day 2 today was all chest and shoulders. Hubby and I will also try for 17,000 steps.

I’m also tracking food, as I mentioned I would. And eating healthy. I posted a few reminders in my house to keep me on track. Like on the pantry door, the fridge and the cookie / candy jar.

Going after that pound.... feeling motivated for it also!!!!