Calories

bellkaz
bellkaz Posts: 1 Member
How many less calories would it be if u only lick off the seasoning from a row of bbq rice crackers. Has to be less some how as u not consuming the cracker itself.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    Weigh crackers. Lick seasoning. Let crackers sit a bit so the saliva can evaporate. Weigh crackers again. Log difference as a spice blend, seasoned salt, or dominant flavor spice (ground chilis?).
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Iwantahealthierme30 Posts: 293 Member
    Seasoning has no calories but why the hell would you do that. They are rice crackers! Just eat some. Like 4-6 at a time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Eat the crackers.

I'm with the post just above me.

Seasoning doesn't have calories.

Don't go down this obsessive path...that's where you find Eating Disorders.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ew. Would you eat a spoonful of seasoning mix from an envelope? then why would you do this? Really reminds me of when I worked in early childhood education. Watching kids at snack time licking frosting off their cupcakes, licking seasoning off their crackers or chips, licking the salt off pretzels dipping animal crackers and cheddar goldfish in water 😫 gross.

But an adult doing this? The waste of food almost offends me.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    Ew. Would you eat a spoonful of seasoning mix from an envelope? then why would you do this? Really reminds me of when I worked in early childhood education. Watching kids at snack time licking frosting off their cupcakes, licking seasoning off their crackers or chips, licking the salt off pretzels dipping animal crackers and cheddar goldfish in water 😫 gross.

Uh, I'm not allowed to lick frosting off a cupcake now that I'm an adult???
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Adult duty requires you to eat the cupcake, too. Or share it with a friend who likes cupcakes more than frosting.

;)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Adult duty requires you to eat the cupcake, too. Or share it with a friend who likes cupcakes more than frosting.

;)

I'm really glad I have that part of adulting down. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member

;)

But. The covid cooties. You can't lick a cupcake and then give it to your friend to eat.

I mean, ew. Even before the cooties.
  • AnnPT77

;)

But. The covid cooties. You can't lick a cupcake and then give it to your friend to eat.

Same household. Maybe partner (as in partner partner: complementary cupcake/frosting preferences can be a strong basis for a happy life together).
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member

;)

Same household. Maybe partner (as in partner partner: complementary cupcake/frosting preferences can be a strong basis for a happy life together).

and if its your partner partner and you do have a really happy life together, then you've probably already swapped spit anyway, so how's sharing a cupcake any different?
  • AnnPT77

;)

and if its your partner partner and you do have a really happy life together, then you've probably already swapped spit anyway, so how's sharing a cupcake any different?

Precisely. Didn't wanna go that graphic, but why not, we're all grown-ups here. I guess. :lol: