Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    @ladycopnh1 sometimes our bodies just don't react the way we want. You're still headed in the right direction, and I'll bet you'll be kicking butt in May!
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,600 Member
    4/1-248.8
    4/8-248.0
    4/15-250.0
    4/22-248.4
    4/29-253.8
    I've been feeling a little descouraged because even tho I've been trying to do some kind of exercise. I still cant do my walking. I end up eating the calories I've burned. So my weight is all over the place.
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Hang in there @stella7x7 !

• asmism
    asmism Posts: 42 Member
    Wednesday Weigh In!

Height: 5'7”
    Starting weight: 296 (1/1/20)
    Current weight 270

I've weighed 270 the last two mornings after three weeks bouncing between 271 and 272, and so while it may be a continuation of the plateau, it may also be the beginning of the whoosh. We'll see in the next few days. I know my weight loss has slowed because I'm depressed (it's the whole COVID thing) and that's okay. I am just getting through this, as we all are. If I can keep eating sensibly and keep stretching, once I get back to the gym the weight will fall off, because it did before the shutdown. I don't know that I'll make the month's goal, but I'll hold course and keep doing the right things.

I wanted to let you know I found your story inspiring - it just radiates positivity. So cool to read this as I'm just starting my journey in earnest. Best wishes.
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Tiffanylynn1024 Posts: 167 Member
    I would like to join. I have about 90lbs I wanna lose. Also don’t have much support at home
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Weigh in

OSW - 257.7 lbs
    CSW - 211.8 lbs
    APRIL
    02/04/2020 - 211.8 lbs
    09/04/2020 - 209.2 lbs
    16/04/2020 - 206.8 lbs
    23/04/2020 - 207.0 lbs - I'll smash it next week, I'm sure! :wink:
    30/04/2020 - 203.2 lbs - :sweat_smile: SMASHED IT!
    April Loss: 8.6 lbs
    MAY
    07/05/2020 -
    14/05/2020 -
    21/05/2020 -
    28/05/2020 -

May Loss-to-date: 8.6 lbs
    current goal : keep loosing!
    April goal - 20x.x ✅
    May goal - 19x.x
    Ultimate goal weight - under 150 lbs
  • It's the last day of April, and the scale FINALLY gave way. 269 this morning. Boyfriend said that I've recomped a lot, though.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Weigh in day again!

Jan starting weight: 239
    Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    March ending weight: 215.1

April 2: 212.2
    April 9: 209.8
    April 16: 207.4
    April 23: 205.4
    April 30: 205.2

Well, this was not a good week for me. I avoided the scale because I knew it would not be good. I could not seem to stop eating. I didn't do a good job of preparing meals and healthy snacks and made a lot of unhealthy choices. I'm all for eating a cookie now and then, but I just kept going back for more this week. I'm not really sure what's going on mentally/emotionally now that wasn't going on in the previous weeks, but maybe I'm just getting more and more stir crazy. Oh well. I lost .2 pounds, which is better than gaining! I'm optimistic that this is just a temporary setback. I hope you all have a good week!
  • Start of April.
    April 3rd 205.5
    April 9th 204.5
    April 23rd 201.5
    April 30th 202. I was pretty good so next week I should see a drop. I always go up once a month. Since I'm just starting I'm not sure what week that will be. So I'm okay with 3.5 this month.
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Well my sleep is still a mess and I indulged and had a sundae last weekend. I am hoping that I do not cave this weekend. It is getting harder. While I am naturally an introvert I still like my people. I miss seeing my sisters and friends and especially my nieces and nephews. I usually have lunch with at least 1 of the kids once or twice a month. I am 'lucky' in that I can still go to work but since I now work in the office we are all pretty isolated there too.
    Positives are that I am getting more comfortable in the smaller size pants and as soon as I can go to the store for clothes again I will get me some more. I ordered a new vest and it fits great. So I will be good for riding once the weather gets better.
    I see it in the mirror and feel it when I am moving around that I have lost size. The scale is still being a bit stubborn though.
    Hope everyone is doing well out there. Be kind to yourself.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,600 Member
    May1 - 251.6
  • shygazer
    shygazer Posts: 14 Member
    Hey everyone, if you want to share stories, feel free to add me. I would love to see your journeys.

Starting Weight May 1st: 306.2

I started Keto in the middle of April(15th) and was 321 pounds at 5'8". I am pleasently surprised about this loss and interested to see where it goes. I am also loving the lack of tummy troubles since starting this style of eating so... I may be on to something.

I would LOVE to be solidly under 300 again. 290 would be amazing, and if I hit it, I am treating my self to this amazing part of shorts from Torrid.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    And 268 this morning.

Of course, I had the cat walk on me, pause, survey her domain from my shoulder, and then get off the bed onto the nightstand and begin Pushing Things Off. (sigh) So I got to start my day an hour early. Thank you, Nyx.

We're going to the food service store to get another case of tiny bags of chips, and see if they have a pork tenderloin I can cut up. I like to cut my own chops, and someday I'll go take a class on butchering to learn how to take a primal cut down the way I want to do it.
  • rysella
    rysella Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everybody, I am new and i would like to be part of your group. English is my 2nd language so I apologise in advance if what I write sometimes will not make sense😔
    I am 52 yrs old and have type 2 diabetes.
    I have never posted anything anywhere, so I hope somebody read my post.
    be safe and take care☺

May Goal Weight: 195 or 190
    Goal Weight: 120

May 1 : 199
    May 8:
    May 15:
    May 22:
    May 29:
    May 31:
  • eppen5
    eppen5 Posts: 32 Member
    2020 start Jan 1: 245.2

-12.4 pounds in Jan
    -8.6 pounds in Feb / Weight=224.2 on 2/28/20
    -6.8 pounds in March
    -3.6 pounds in April

weight 4/30/20: 213.8

I am delighted to say goodbye to April. What a no good very bad month! I'm guessing that those of us still in lockdown are finding new and creative ways to climb the walls! I keep assuring myself that safe is better than sick but it would be nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

On a positive note, I managed to eek out a <4 lb loss in April despite way too many Zoom cocktail hours and way too little exercise. My ankle is still very problematic but telemedicine can only go so far so until I can get an xray and an in-person consultation with an orthopedic doc I'm still sidelined from doing much more than hobbling around my apartment with a pair of walking sticks. It's all rather discouraging but I am optimistic that May will bring much better things to all of us.
  • celticck77
    Total April loss: 5 lbs (April Finished weight 230)
    May. 3: 232

So I kind of expected this - it is my first weight gain and it took 5 months of losing to hit it. I had a couple drinks last night and that always leave me a little heavier the next day. Eating over the weekend was not the greatest. Hoping to get back on track this week. Of course I also forgot my lunch at home today so I have to grab something from the cafe. And there isn't much in the way of 'good' food. Maybe I'll do a grilled cheese or oatmeal.

Hope everyone is doing well out there.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    @celticck77, I am expecting the same thing this week. My weight was definitely up over the weekend, so I doubt it will change too much by Thursday. I'm suddenly having a hard time doing what I was previously doing. I'm trying to chalk it up as a phase...and hoping it will be a short one. :/
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Starting Weight: 271
    Total January loss: -9
    Total February loss: -10
    Total March - 10
    Total April - 4
    Total May -

May 05: 235
    May 12:
    May 19:
    May 26:
  • celticck77
    @VeggieMeg71 I hope the same thing, for both of us!
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    Hi folks, I’ve got about 90 lbs to lose. So I’m in!
    My name is Josh. I live in central PA, USA. My long term goals are to get down to a target weight of what I was in college (220 or so). Right now I’m a little below my highest weight (in 2018 I hit 340) at current weight of 312. I joined a gym in 2018 and was on a bit of a roll swimming and stationary bike. Now I’m stuck at home floundering. I got down to 300 but I’m back up. Other than the health reasons for joining MFP I also have a family and want to be able to run around and do sports with them, I want to do a triathlon some day. I’m also a Christian and my faith means a lot to me. I can’t help but think of the scripture that says “physical training is of some value...” and even thought the point is that spiritual training is more valuable it certainly also means that being in shape is meaningful too. So that’s me :)
    I know some of you have been in the game since January, so I’ve got some catching up to do. I’ll see you at target weight! I’d love to hit it by December 31st 2019, but I’d also be happy to hit it in early 2021. I’m just not happy staying where I’m at. I’ll plan to check in weekly on Tuesday. Thanks!