Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Posted this in the recipe section, but because this also belongs here....

7b69i11m4f7x.jpg

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 465
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 15 g 23 %
    Saturated Fat 5 g 23 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 5 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 3 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 583 mg 194 %
    Sodium 1130 mg 47 %
    Potassium 862 mg 25 %
    Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13 %
    Dietary Fiber 19 g 77 %
    Sugars 18 g
    Protein 47 g 94 %
    Vitamin A 458 %
    Vitamin C 5 %
    Calcium 106 %
    ]Iron 43 %
    * The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Get:

0.25 cup, Apple Sauce
    1 tsp, Baking Powder
    2 cup, Pure Pumpkin
    1 Tablespoons, Salt
    30 g, protein powder ANY (I used myprotein Vanilla)
    3 large, Egg
    1 Tablespoon, Vanilla

Do:
    #1. Crack eggs and separate white from yolk.
    #2. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks (photo 1)
    #3. Mix the yolks and protein powder until well combined.
    #4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until its all combined. Taste for sweetness. To my taste I did not need to add any sweetened because the protein powder was sweet enough. (photo 2)
    #5. In 3 parts fold in the beaten egg whites into the mix. Just until combined. Dont over mix. I used a spatula for this (photo 3)
    #6. Line a baking pan or spring pan (I used the same one I am using for my cheesecake (6x3) and it was almost to the top before baking, and fill with the mix. Top with some shaved chocolate and berries if you like, like I did.
    #7. Bake at 375F for 45 - 50 minutes. In my Breville Smart Pro it was 45 minutes. Do the tooth pick test to be sure.
    #8. Allow to cool and enjoy a slice or the whole thing.

Photo 1.
    x2d1ssyuh8ok.jpg

Photo 2.
    j4xbwvab3j1k.jpg

Photo 3.
    bucplc5y3xbe.jpg

Photo 4. Before baking.
    8slx3ob6ex72.jpg

Photo 5. After baking.
    tvdai82g2o86.jpg

• suzanneogden6008
    suzanneogden6008 Posts: 1 Member
    I have found my tribe!!!
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    7x34apwtsvsj.jpeg
    My coffee fluff from yesterday!! 😍
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    oh joy...my Ninja Nutri Ninja Auto iQ has decided not to work...so, I'm on the look for purchasing a powerful blender to replace.

What are your recommendations? I really want one that is powerful to turn all those ice cubes I keep throwing into the well to turn into 'snow' with no problems.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    oh joy...my Ninja Nutri Ninja Auto iQ has decided not to work...so, I'm on the look for purchasing a powerful blender to replace.

What are your recommendations? I really want one that is powerful to turn all those ice cubes I keep throwing into the well to turn into 'snow' with no problems.

Spend the money once and get a Vitamix for $320cdn shipped.

Or spend the same amount of money many times and never know what you are missing.

Thanks! I sure was thinking of a Vitamix. There's a few on sale (website). The E310 is just under $400.
    Which one do you have? I noticed you used a food processor for your latest 'fluff'. Do you prefer that over using the Vitamix for your fluff?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

Or spend the same amount of money many times and never know what you are missing.

Thanks! I sure was thinking of a Vitamix. There's a few on sale (website). The E310 is just under $400.
    Which one do you have? I noticed you used a food processor for your latest 'fluff'. Do you prefer that over using the Vitamix for your fluff?

If you aren't a member of rakuten, they have a promo now for 30 bucks for new members plus you get 5% cash back on vitamix website. Always trying to help people save money, those are expensive!

I have a vitamix and a food processor and I've only used the food processor to make fluff, but I am going to try it with the vitamix since @just_Tomek says it works and I prefer it because its easier to clean.
  • PAPYRUS3

If you aren't a member of rakuten, they have a promo now for 30 bucks for new members plus you get 5% cash back on vitamix website. Always trying to help people save money, those are expensive!

I have a vitamix and a food processor and I've only used the food processor to make fluff, but I am going to try it with the vitamix since @just_Tomek says it works and I prefer it because its easier to clean.

Thanks so much🌷🌼🌻 - I did sign up months ago with Rakuten...keep forgetting to use it though🙄 Thanks for my reminder.
  • VegjoyP
    edited May 2020
    So I am completely plant based and have made lots of the protein recipes using pea protein. It works awesome! I tried with just cocoa powder for fluff and it was not good.... It was a jelly. Lol!
    Has anyone used egg substitute? There is one called " Just Egg". I am going to try it on a few recipes
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Blueberry protein oatmeal this morning

mg77e8snjxlx.jpeg
  • PAPYRUS3
    @just_Tomek - Thanks for your recommendations. Well...since I have the patience of a small child, I bought one today - the only one available for curb side pick up. I got the Explorian model - perfect size and I absolutely love the tamp 'thing' - works way better than the Ninja one I had (no tamp).
  • quietriver
    quietriver Posts: 38 Member
    I love to eat this way! I'm wating for the seasonal veggies and fruit to get here so I can buy lits, yum-o! Meanwhile am socking up on frozen veggies, fruits canned beans, tuna, canned salmon, looking for tasty dressings that are low cal.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    So I am completely plant based and have made lots of the protein recipes using pea protein. It works awesome! I tried with just cocoa powder for fluff and it was not good.... It was a jelly. Lol!
    Has anyone used egg substitute? There is one called " Just Egg". I am going to try it on a few recipes

I've used most brands of egg substitutes (available in the US), including Just Egg. It's expensive enough that I would just use it as a substitute for scrambled egg, I wouldn't use it in baking (there are plenty of other less expensive substitutes that work well for baking).

Protein fluff requires the dairy ingredients to work -- plant-based protein powders won't cut it.
  • PAPYRUS3
    @just_Tomek - Thanks for your recommendations. Well...since I have the patience of a small child, I bought one today - the only one available for curb side pick up. I got the Explorian model - perfect size and I absolutely love the tamp 'thing' - works way better than the Ninja one I had (no tamp).

You and me both lol
    Now enjoy. First time you make a smoothie with kale, and there is not a single piece of kale in your glass, it will be a revelation.

I love new toys!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    quietriver wrote: »
    I love to eat this way! I'm wating for the seasonal veggies and fruit to get here so I can buy lits, yum-o! Meanwhile am socking up on frozen veggies, fruits canned beans, tuna, canned salmon, looking for tasty dressings that are low cal.

I love Bolthouse dressings, I eat huge salads and add double-servings, the calories for two servings are under 100. I also just bought stuff to make this recipe, poppyseed is my favorite and all the low cal ones are too sweet. It's whole-food plant-based so no oil. https://youtu.be/A8NB5jOWmcY
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member

Skinnygirl isn’t bad for dressing.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2020
    alexmose wrote: »

Skinnygirl isn’t bad for dressing.
    I also love skinny girl! I like this brand too maple grove they have a bunch which are 5-25 calorie per serving. I’ve liked every flavor I’ve tried. iow0esig6suv.jpeg

k1hq4hy7ghpw.png
    014r5txhwqw4.png

I also love Walden farms balsamic and honey Dijon.

Panera brand poppyseed is only 15 per serving and delicious.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    I've been into making protein Kaiserschmarrn (chopped up pancakes)!
  • VegjoyP
    edited May 2020
    VegjoyP wrote: »

I've used most brands of egg substitutes (available in the US), including Just Egg. It's expensive enough that I would just use it as a substitute for scrambled egg, I wouldn't use it in baking (there are plenty of other less expensive substitutes that work well for baking).

Protein fluff requires the dairy ingredients to work -- plant-based protein powders won't cut it.

Yes it works!!!! NOW PEA PROTEIN!! Its great! I've used Sunwarrior. I just add a bit of glucomannan
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member

I use this high protein mayo as a base for low calorie salad dressing. Super easy to make a dressing flavored just the way the you like it. So far I have made chipotle and ranch dressings. Next up is some blue cheese or gorgonzola type dressing.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10551530/low-calorie-high-protein-mayo/p1

• VegjoyP
    Anyone use glucomannan powder? I use it in my protein drinks. I like volume but mostly prefer thick and dense.