NSV: Women, Can You Do A Pullup?

Options
13»

Replies

• NeahF
    NeahF Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 17 and weigh about 122 lbs on the average. I remember my first pull up took SO MUCH EFFORT. The first one hurts, for me it did. I think that if you build up the overall strength in your arms, you should be able to struggle through that first un assisted rep. You cannot give up once you have pulled yourself up a little bit, just know that you can finish it... And then you may need to rest before trying again. After you've gotten this down, keep doing them. Eventually you will get two in a row, then three, and so on... It's a build up of strength (over months of build up). Even if it seems impossible just hanging there, you may already be strong enough, but may need to persist with a great amount of effort at first. Then, after that, your arms might get sore... Even from one pull up! Then If you keep it up, they will stop getting sore and you will be able to do them over and over again without as much rest or soreness.

Some training ideas? Not that I'm a professional, but this might help.

- banded pull ups
    - kipping pull ups
    - reverse pull ups (slowly let yourself down from the pull up position, using your strength to make it as slow as possible until you are back to a dead hang position)
    - Try and stay at the top of a pull up using your strength to stay up there as long as you can... Then reverse

Hope this helps! 💪
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!