Lose 15 lbs by June 30th

Replies

• Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 341 Member
    So I have started drinking a ton more water to help keep hydrated. however it's making me pee more!! I decided everytime I go to the bathroom to do 10 air squats! Being a nurse and working during this "time" It is rough but I'm trying my best and fitting in a little workout when I can haha.
    Good luck to everyone! Posting daily I hope keeps me motivated and accountable!! Great idea! Day by day we can reach our goals

What a great idea to do squats when you go to the bathroom! 😊 It must be difficult to find time to exercise. It is great that you are posting! We can do this!

• grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    SW- 168.4
    CW-167.5
    GW by June 30th 155

Total weight lost-

May 4:167.5
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:

June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Paz922 wrote: »
    grace173 wrote: »
    Hello all!!! Hope everyone is having a great Sunday 🌷 I had a couple extra drinks last night so I'm feeling a bit sluggish today, but still motivated!! Hoping to get another 30mins on the elliptical today while the kids are napping B)

& Welcome all to all the new faces!!! I love seeing everyones goals and motivations! Helps keep me motivated as well!! KEEP ON, KEEPING ON ROCKSTARS!!! 🌟

Today is day 1 off alcohol completely EEeek! We are in our 40's now and think it's time for a lifestyle change. It's slightly harder considering the fact that I can no longer go on my booked holiday to Italy this year. I would be all motivated to get into that bikini but the fact that we can't travel this year has me less motivated but I'll stay posting on this group and hopefully that will keep me motivated. I ordered a bottle of alcohol free gin to trick myself lol I'll let you know what thats like ha
    I was up .4 today but I knew that would be the case because of the few drinks I had on Friday. I'm presuming I'll lost more weight now that I won't be drinking anymore....well I'd better :D I'll probably start eating rings around me because I'm not drinking and put weight on lol

Grace, I hope you will soon be able to go Italy. I haven't had alcohol in over a week which has helped me so much with my weigh loss. My husband and I were having wine too often and we both gained a few lbs. He decided yesterday to avoid alcohol as well which is so nice. I have Zoom “happy hour” with friends and have ice water in a wine glass. Maybe we could still try on our bathing suits on June 30th to see our results! 😀

Great to have the hubbie on board! I really don't think I could do it if he wasn't on for it but then again I feel very determined at the moment. I have a feeling we are all going to do well in this challenage :smiley:
  • sumi231267
    sumi231267 Posts: 4 Member
    Good morning everyone,
    Morning workout- Walk & Run: 11,000 steps- completed
    Morning breakfast: Protein shake with spinach, strawberry , Avocado,
  • Sade131
    Sade131 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey guys, new to this thread but this seems like a a reasonable and achieveablw challenge! I just started strictly adhering to MyFitnessPal within the last couple of weeks. Being in quarantine has made it hard to work out (I’m so unmotivated by home workouts), but by sticking to my calorie goal, I have been able to shed a few pounds. My overall shall is to lose at leas 1 pound a week, but if I lose 15 pounds by June 30, I’ll take that! Good luck to us all!

SW: 200
    CW: 194.8
    June 30 GW: 186-178
  • Hope_bay74
    Hope_bay74 Posts: 273 Member
    I’m in! 5’7 and 185 lbs.

Ultimate goal is 145 but need 15 by June 30 to start the summer right and fit into my summer cloths. Feel free to add me.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Good morning all & May the 4th be with you!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!! Me??? Not the best start... the scale says im up 3 POUNDS since Friday.... not cool. Pretty sure it's mostly water retention caused by drinking the last 3 nights. I ate pretty well over the weekend and got on the elliptical for 30mins both days... so meh. Feeling bummed, but still optimistic 👍

Goals for this week: 1) NO alcohol Monday-Thursday. 2) NO snacking on kids snacks or dinner.

SW: 149
    CW: 147.8
    GW: 135-140

• Paz922
    Hope_bay74 wrote: »
    I’m in! 5’7 and 185 lbs.

Ultimate goal is 145 but need 15 by June 30 to start the summer right and fit into my summer cloths. Feel free to add me.

Welcome to the group! 😊
  • Paz922
    Sade131 wrote: »
    Hey guys, new to this thread but this seems like a a reasonable and achieveablw challenge! I just started strictly adhering to MyFitnessPal within the last couple of weeks. Being in quarantine has made it hard to work out (I’m so unmotivated by home workouts), but by sticking to my calorie goal, I have been able to shed a few pounds. My overall shall is to lose at leas 1 pound a week, but if I lose 15 pounds by June 30, I’ll take that! Good luck to us all!

SW: 200
    CW: 194.8
    June 30 GW: 186-178

Welcome to the group!😊

• Paz922
    sumi231267 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone,
    Morning workout- Walk & Run: 11,000 steps- completed
    Morning breakfast: Protein shake with spinach, strawberry , Avocado,

That is awesome! Good job!
  • Paz922
    edited May 2020
    Happy Monday!

It was a great weekend! I walked around the lake and it felt so good being out. I tracked everything I ate and had a lot of water. I can’t believe I lost 4.4 lbs on my first week. I know is mostly water weight at first but everything counts. Don’t feel discouraged if the number today is not what you expected. Keep going and you will see results! Thank you for posting. I am very motivated. 😊

SW- 160.4 lbs (4/25)
    CW- 156 lbs
    GW by June 30th- 145lbs

Total weight lost- 4.4 lbs

May 4: 156
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:

June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

Weight lost Challenge:
  • Paz922
    Good morning all & May the 4th be with you!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!! Me??? Not the best start... the scale says im up 3 POUNDS since Friday.... not cool. Pretty sure it's mostly water retention caused by drinking the last 3 nights. I ate pretty well over the weekend and got on the elliptical for 30mins both days... so meh. Feeling bummed, but still optimistic 👍

Goals for this week: 1) NO alcohol Monday-Thursday. 2) NO snacking on kids snacks or dinner.

SW: 149
    CW: 147.8
    GW: 135-140

Hi Britt, I’ve been there before. Don’t be discouraged as it is probably water retention. Alcohol can do that to you. Great that you have goals for the week. It is so hard to have kids snacks around. I complete my food diary right after dinner and I tell myself that I can’t have any more food until the following day. It is so difficult not to snack at night but we can do it! It is great that posted even though the number on the scale is not what you expected. 😊
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    SW- 207lbs (5/1)
    CW- 205.9
    GW by June 30th- 190lbs

Total weight lost-1.1

May 4: 205.9
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

Lost 1.1lbs since starting on 5/1. This is likely mostly water weight but I’ll take it. I hurt my back somehow yesterday but forced myself to walk this morning. I never had back pain before and now I have a new respect for those who have chronic back pain.
  • mamimom
    mamimom Posts: 12 Member
    Hello. I would like to join. I really need this. My “wished” deadline is also by june...have to say ...I joined today after feeling really down because of my weight
    Need to loose 18 pounds
  • SteppenFetchit
    SteppenFetchit Posts: 39 Member
    Paz922 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’ve been trying to lose 15 lbs for ever. I decided yesterday that I will lose the weight by June 30th. I believe I can do it. I weight 160 and my goal is 145. I would like to find people that need motivation to lose weight and encourage each other . The key is to post everyday even if you are having a bad day. Who would like to join me?

Try using weekly Progress Pics for motivation. I take mine every Friday morning (Photo Fridays!) and it pushes me throughout the week!
  • Paz922
    mamimom wrote: »
    Hello. I would like to join. I really need this. My “wished” deadline is also by june...have to say ...I joined today after feeling really down because of my weight
    Need to loose 18 pounds

Welcome to the group!
  • Paz922
    azkunk wrote: »
    SW- 207lbs (5/1)
    CW- 205.9
    GW by June 30th- 190lbs

Total weight lost-1.1

May 4: 205.9
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

Lost 1.1lbs since starting on 5/1. This is likely mostly water weight but I’ll take it. I hurt my back somehow yesterday but forced myself to walk this morning. I never had back pain before and now I have a new respect for those who have chronic back pain.

Hi azkunk, every pound counts! I've had back pain for several years. I would suggest not to push yourself too much as it could be worse for your back. Maybe rest for a couple of days to see if it gets better. I learned the hard way to listen to my body.
  • stephie1018
    stephie1018 Posts: 1 Member
    Oh I would love to join this "challenge!" I started Monday.

SW - 154
    CW - 148
    GW - 140 (First goal, may shoot for 135)
  • mamimom
    mamimom Posts: 12 Member
    Thank you for welcoming to the group! Feels as a big ask ahead but I do not feel alone. For once I feel I can talk about my dream to loose weight once for all. Goodnight everybody. I will take one day at the time!
  • Paz922
    Oh I would love to join this "challenge!" I started Monday.

SW - 154
    CW - 148
    GW - 140 (First goal, may shoot for 135)

Welcome to the group!