Lose 15 lbs by June 30th

Replies

• brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Paz922 wrote: »
    Good morning all & May the 4th be with you!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!! Me??? Not the best start... the scale says im up 3 POUNDS since Friday.... not cool. Pretty sure it's mostly water retention caused by drinking the last 3 nights. I ate pretty well over the weekend and got on the elliptical for 30mins both days... so meh. Feeling bummed, but still optimistic 👍

Goals for this week: 1) NO alcohol Monday-Thursday. 2) NO snacking on kids snacks or dinner.

SW: 149
    CW: 147.8
    GW: 135-140

Hi Britt, I’ve been there before. Don’t be discouraged as it is probably water retention. Alcohol can do that to you. Great that you have goals for the week. It is so hard to have kids snacks around. I complete my food diary right after dinner and I tell myself that I can’t have any more food until the following day. It is so difficult not to snack at night but we can do it! It is great that posted even though the number on the scale is not what you expected. 😊

Thanks girl! Yeah, I'm pretty good about not snacking after dinner because I usually go to bed shortly after. I know that's not the best for weight loss, but it is what it is. It's either eat in peace after I put the kids to bed or try to eat while they are up and be distracted/getting up multiple times lol I'm expecting a lower number on the scale tomorrow morning. WE GOT THIS! B)
    Happy Monday!

It was a great weekend! I walked around the lake and it felt so good being out. I tracked everything I ate and had a lot of water. I can’t believe I lost 4.4 lbs on my first week. I know is mostly water weight at first but everything counts. Don’t feel discouraged if the number today is not what you expected. Keep going and you will see results! Thank you for posting. I am very motivated. 😊

SW- 160.4 lbs (4/25)
    CW- 156 lbs
    GW by June 30th- 145lbs

Total weight lost- 4.4 lbs

May 4: 156
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:

June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

Weight lost Challenge:

You're killin it!! Keep up the great work!!
  • jewelelainecasey
    jewelelainecasey Posts: 27 Member
    SW- 176.6lbs (05/03)
    CW- 176.6lbs
    GW- by June 30th- 165
    Overall goal:145lbs by June 2021

May 4: 175.4
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 341 Member
    micwrites wrote: »
    After all my careful and smart eating under my calorie goal, great exercise and no alcohol I woke up to the exact same weight as yesterday. :-( ... Maybe I needed more water. I know a big part of this journey is patience and allowing my body to do its thing until it is ready to move downward so I decided not to get upset and to love it more for carrying me around so well! Today I am chained to my laptop at the dining room table for work and homework tonight for two graduate classes, so not much exercise but I'll do what I can to move and see what tomorrow brings!

I love your attitude! Keep going and you will see results. Sometimes it takes a little longer but you will achieve your goal. You are right, a big part of this journey is patience and trust that we are becoming healthier. Thank you for posting and being part of this group! 😊

• Paz922
    mamimom wrote: »
    Thank you for welcoming to the group! Feels as a big ask ahead but I do not feel alone. For once I feel I can talk about my dream to loose weight once for all. Goodnight everybody. I will take one day at the time!

You are not alone! We are together on this journey for a better and healthier life! 😊
  • kbgoals2020
    kbgoals2020 Posts: 25 Member
    annieu613 wrote: »
    Happy Sunday everyone! Anyone do any good workouts today?

I went for a bike ride with my husband this afternoon. We rode for about an hour and it was so nice to get outside! It has been really rainy here recently and I'm enjoying the sunshine.

I did a slow 2 mile jog.. my furthest distance since injuring myself 3 years ago. I was so happy, I felt like I could cry. I haven't worked out without pain in soooo lonngg!!!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Hi azkunk, every pound counts! I've had back pain for several years. I would suggest not to push yourself too much as it could be worse for your back. Maybe rest for a couple of days to see if it gets better. I learned the hard way to listen to my body.

Thanks, @Paz922. I feel a little better this afternoon. The ibuprofen is really helping.
  • mamimom
    mamimom Posts: 12 Member
    Good morning everybody! Day one!
    Wish all of u a good day. I am very proud of what we are all doing...june here we come!
  • mamimom
    Just asking...if you have any tips for portion control and emotional eating (both my strongest weaknesses) please share. Got to do it this time!
    Just asking...if you have any tips for portion control and emotional eating (both my strongest weaknesses) please share. Got to do it this time!

How do you feel about chewing gum?? It's my savior!! I can't eat if I'm chewing gum lol
  • mamimom
    Salad plate move helped...and I told myself only what is on the plate. No second helpings!
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Salad plate move helped...and I told myself only what is on the plate. No second helpings!
    That's good! I say that, too. Sometimes it works. I'm trying to say no to everything but veggies if I get weak.
  • eeelizabeth333
    eeelizabeth333 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm in!! I have about 15 to lose by then too!!!
  • Paz922
    I'm in!! I have about 15 to lose by then too!!!

Welcome to the group!😊

• mamimom
    Good morning everybody. First day went ok but I do realize why I gained weight...I have no ideas of the calories I am eating. Tracking is great and scary at the same time! Portion control is definately a task that I need to master. But overall it helps me a great deal just to log in and tell you what I feel and think...not much support at home I have to say!lets have another good day.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Hey everyone, had a great day yesterday. I ate really well with very little snacking, I went for a run in the park and I weighed in today and was the same weight as yesterday so I guess it must be true that you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday but it is a good sign if you are the same weight for a couple of days because then that means you are heading down and not up! It's harder to get to the shops to buy fresh fruit and veg because of the queues here but my husband is great at going to the shops and doesn't seem to mind at all thank goodness, I can't stand queues lol....I mean I'm sure he can't either but I won't say no if he offers to go to the shops right?

Hope everyone is doing well and staying on track.
  • mamimom
    Grace173...Reading your post...I decided to go for a run! Thanks!
  • 88digitalawesome88
    88digitalawesome88 Posts: 13 Member
    Yes please, count me in.

I am new here, I joined nine days ago .
    I have shrunk a bit already, most likely water weight, still I am feeling inspired to keep this going.
    Good luck all and feel free to add me for accountability and support. :)

SW: 75.3 kg | 166 lbs
    GW: 68 kg | 149.9 lbs