50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• cambo2002
    cambo2002 Posts: 24 Member
    azkunk wrote: »
    Do you weigh in daily or only weekly? I see the pros and cons to each. If daily, you can see things on a more micro level and make adjustments. But weight fluctuates for other reasons and an increase when you know you rocked is demotivating.
    On the other hand, if you weigh weekly that higher number loss seems so much more inspiring. The downside would be if you gain over the week, you’ve missed those opportunities to take accountability and make adjustments.
    I think I find daily weigh-ins most motivating to me. I like the accountability. Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer weekly. I can't take the daily fluctuations. Plus not knowing the number motivates me to push a bit harder to reach a good number later on. If I put in the effort it's really esteeming!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    I weigh myself daily to keep on track, but I only post and update here weekly.

That’s exactly what I do!
    gidday wrote: »
    Feeling a little discouraged today- I gained back 45 pounds of an 85 pound weight loss . I’m starting to eat more like I did back on the programme I did but I’m feeling bloated n blah today- like it will take forever to come back off. I only weigh once a week coz it messes with my head! I walk about 4 miles a day on average- in AM.

You should give yourself credit for recognizing where you are and getting back on track. So many of us (me) gain all of the weight back before taking accountability. You can do this again!
  • azkunk
    Today was a crazy day and I ate poorly but stayed under calories. We are building a new house and close on 6/29. Before COVID hit the housing market was hot and my realtor told us to wait a bit before listing. Today our listing went live and we had 3 showings and 4 offers so far. All asking price or little more and we have 3 or 4 more showings tomorrow. Needless to say, I was not prepared for that today. Honestly, I didn’t not think anyone was really looking in this market especially with people being out of work.

Between my husband and I working from home, 2 school aged kids and 3 dogs, it was a whirlwind that I was not prepared for. Did I mention it’s also above 100 degrees here now. I skipped breakfast and lunch without realizing it and had to eat dinner in the car with hubby, kids and dogs. They went decided on chick-fil-a while I was talking to the realtor on the phone and ordered for me. I did eat an original chicken sandwich but only half of the fries. I ended way below calories since that is all I ate today but now I feel like I ate an entire container of salt. I am sure I will be retain some excess water tomorrow because of it.

I am mentally prepared for the showings tomorrow and will make better choices. I’m just relieved to know I will be able to sell this house when the new house is done.

• gidday
    gidday Posts: 39 Member
    Thankyou for the encouragement! I’m feeling better today . I cannot imagine dealing with selling a house on top of everything else! That’s a lot to handle- kudos to you for not eating your way through it (like I would’ve wanted to do!).
    Stay cool today- it’ll be 100 or so here too 👎🏼.
  • gidday
    How do I reply to individual comment?
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member

You push the quote button :)
  • LeeAnneIAm
    LeeAnneIAm Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2020
    Azkunk, that's great about your house! I remember when I tried to sell my house ten years ago, I couldn't. I had to rent it out to these horrible renters that trashed it and we couldn't get them out without a lawsuit. When they finally left, our house was a trashed, marijuana smelling, dog poop stained house that we had to spend way too much money to clean up. They hardly ever paid their rent as well. We were finally able to sell it to some friends of mine who were looking for a small house two years ago. So, I'm glad the process went much better for you :)
  • azkunk
    LeeAnneIAm wrote: »
    Azkunk, that's great about your house! I remember when I tried to sell my house ten years ago, I couldn't. I had to rent it out to these horrible renters that trashed it and we couldn't get them out without a lawsuit. When they finally left, our house was a trashed, marijuana smelling, dog poop stained house that we had to spend way too much money to clean up. They hardly ever paid their rent as well. We were finally able to sell it to some friends of mine who were looking for a small house two years ago. So, I'm glad the process went much better for you :)

I can’t even imagine having to deal with that.
  • azkunk
    Thankyou for the encouragement! I’m feeling better today . I cannot imagine dealing with selling a house on top of everything else! That’s a lot to handle- kudos to you for not eating your way through it (like I would’ve wanted to do!).

I am so not looking forward to moving in the summer. The house was originally supposed to be done in April but got delayed with a rainy winter. Now we’ll be moving at the end of June and it will be above 110, possibly even over 115.

The act of moving is going to be very stressful for me and I will need all of my will power to stay on track.
  • gidday
    LeeAnneIAm wrote: »

You push the quote button :)

Got it!
  • gidday

I am so not looking forward to moving in the summer. The house was originally supposed to be done in April but got delayed with a rainy winter. Now we’ll be moving at the end of June and it will be above 110, possibly even over 115.

The act of moving is going to be very stressful for me and I will need all of my will power to stay on track.

Where do you live?
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Feeling a little discouraged today- I gained back 45 pounds of an 85 pound weight loss . I’m starting to eat more like I did back on the programme I did but I’m feeling bloated n blah today- like it will take forever to come back off. I only weigh once a week coz it messes with my head! I walk about 4 miles a day on average- in AM.

One day at a time! In fact, one moment at a time! I’m with you! I have been where I want to be and know how to get there, but it’s a lot of work!! We can do it together!
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Today was a crazy day and I ate poorly but stayed under calories. We are building a new house and close on 6/29. Before COVID hit the housing market was hot and my realtor told us to wait a bit before listing. Today our listing went live and we had 3 showings and 4 offers so far. All asking price or little more and we have 3 or 4 more showings tomorrow. Needless to say, I was not prepared for that today. Honestly, I didn’t not think anyone was really looking in this market especially with people being out of work.

Between my husband and I working from home, 2 school aged kids and 3 dogs, it was a whirlwind that I was not prepared for. Did I mention it’s also above 100 degrees here now. I skipped breakfast and lunch without realizing it and had to eat dinner in the car with hubby, kids and dogs. They went decided on chick-fil-a while I was talking to the realtor on the phone and ordered for me. I did eat an original chicken sandwich but only half of the fries. I ended way below calories since that is all I ate today but now I feel like I ate an entire container of salt. I am sure I will be retain some excess water tomorrow because of it.

I am mentally prepared for the showings tomorrow and will make better choices. I’m just relieved to know I will be able to sell this house when the new house is done.

You sure have a lot on your plate!! Good luck with the house and just make the best choices you can in the situation!
  • gidday

One day at a time! In fact, one moment at a time! I’m with you! I have been where I want to be and know how to get there, but it’s a lot of work!! We can do it together!

Yes! It takes time- I’m going back to eating the protein n veges fruit n yoghurt brown rice n quinoa etc . That’s where my body does best.
  • gidday
    Does anyone else have steps recorded here and steps actually taken not match up? Mine are synced to my phone.
  • spearce123
    spearce123 Posts: 4 Member
    I have 30 pounds to lose. I am 6' 3" and this Covid thing has me gaining all kinds of weight.
    SW 252
    GW 220
  • azkunk
    Here is where I am at
    239 SW 5/5/20
    200 First Goal
    175 GW

Going through a divorce, two kids in college and one elementary. Father abandoned family and is making the divorce process hell. I do really great, then I get depressed and eat. I was down to 225 and in a month got right back up to 239.

The divorce and what he does is not in your control. It sucks and I promise you that you can come out stronger and happier than you think is possible. What is in your control is your reaction to the stress. You can make good choices and you will feel better each time you regain a piece of that control. You got this!
  • azkunk
    Where do you live?

Near Phoenix, Arizona. It’s 109 degrees right now and I am again sitting in an SUV with hubby, kids and dogs.

We got 4 offers last night and one so far today. Pausing the showings after today to review all of the offers.
  • Chishmish50
    Chishmish50 Posts: 9 Member
    I am 174 now and aiming to be 140 started at 230 but I’ve been stuck in the 170’s since Christmas. I’m