50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• gidday
    gidday Posts: 39 Member
    Here is where I am at
    239 SW 5/5/20
    200 First Goal
    175 GW

Going through a divorce, two kids in college and one elementary. Father abandoned family and is making the divorce process hell. I do really great, then I get depressed and eat. I was down to 225 and in a month got right back up to 239.
    So so sorry ! That must be really hard for you 💕
  • gidday
    azkunk wrote: »
    gidday wrote: »
    Where do you live?

Near Phoenix, Arizona. It’s 109 degrees right now and I am again sitting in an SUV with hubby, kids and dogs.

We got 4 offers last night and one so far today. Pausing the showings after today to review all of the offers.

Man that stinks! I lived in the armpit of Arizona from 88-90
    Had my daughter in 120 degrees! I feel ya.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    During our showings today, we stopped for ice cream since it was so hot. I am happy to report that my snack of grapes and string cheese before we left kept me from giving in and making a bad choice. That and having this group to keep me honest.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Here is where I am at
    239 SW 5/5/20
    200 First Goal
    175 GW

Going through a divorce, two kids in college and one elementary. Father abandoned family and is making the divorce process hell. I do really great, then I get depressed and eat. I was down to 225 and in a month got right back up to 239.

Welcome to the group! So sorry you are having such a hard time right now. Glad you have your chin up and are trying to get your life together for you! Inspiring!
  • jenifergotti
    spearce123 wrote: »
    I have 30 pounds to lose. I am 6' 3" and this Covid thing has me gaining all kinds of weight.
    SW 252
    GW 220

Welcome to the group! Covid has us all hanging out in the kitchen!! I think I eat more while helping my kiddos do homework than the rest of the day. We can do this together.
  • jenifergotti
    I am 174 now and aiming to be 140 started at 230 but I’ve been stuck in the 170’s since Christmas. I’m

Welcome! Let’s get it done together!
  • jenifergotti
    This week has been rough. I don’t know where my motivation has gone! I did so well last week and gained, so it bummed me out. Tomorrow, I will get my workout in, log all my calories and drink my water. (If I tell you guys, I have to do it, right?!?!)
  • azkunk
    This week has been rough. I don’t know where my motivation has gone! I did so well last week and gained, so it bummed me out. Tomorrow, I will get my workout in, log all my calories and drink my water. (If I tell you guys, I have to do it, right?!?!)

One day at a time. You got this!
  • cambo2002
    cambo2002 Posts: 24 Member

SAME! This week is so different than the last. I lost last week and was more health conscious of my choices. This week has been hard. Way different circumstances. Not to mention I've been super stressed this week with kids and work. All I can do is keep trying right? We're striving so we'll be fine. We will get this!
  • gidday

Thankyou for sharing that. Today’s a new day!
  • azkunk
    SW:207
    CW: 205.5
    GW: 160
    Total weight lost: 1.5

Wk1: -1.5

My official first weigh in is on today I am down 1.5 for the week. I won’t lie, I was hoping for a little more being the first week back on track but I’ll take it. A loss is a loss ... only 48.5 to go!

Tonight my family ordered Chinese food for dinner but I was able to stay strong and stick with my planned dinner.
  • Soraiya26
    Soraiya26 Posts: 3 Member
    gidday wrote: »
    Here is where I am at
    239 SW 5/5/20
    200 First Goal
    175 GW

So so sorry ! That must be really hard for you 💕

Hang in there. It will get better I promise
  • gidday
    SW:207
    CW: 205.5
    GW: 160
    Total weight lost: 1.5

Wk1: -1.5

My official first weigh in is on today I am down 1.5 for the week. I won’t lie, I was hoping for a little more being the first week back on track but I’ll take it. A loss is a loss ... only 48.5 to go!

Tonight my family ordered Chinese food for dinner but I was able to stay strong and stick with my planned dinner.

Way to go!! Yesterday afternoon /evening was a wash for me😬- started eating sugar- never good for me..
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Last Saturday I was out in the yard, mowing, planting flowers and I had the doors of the barn open riding my exercise bike in the breeze. Today? The temp dropped to low 30s to 40s, it was snowing earlier. It's hard to recognize spring but I am really trying to stay up and keep with my program.
  • azkunk
    micwrites wrote: »
    Last Saturday I was out in the yard, mowing, planting flowers and I had the doors of the barn open riding my exercise bike in the breeze. Today? The temp dropped to low 30s to 40s, it was snowing earlier. It's hard to recognize spring but I am really trying to stay up and keep with my program.

Is the cold supposed to last or is it just a quick front?
  • micwrites

Hopefully quick! Weather here has been so odd that it’s hard to plan to plant veggies etc. do that they don’t freeze. Don’t feel motivated to get out and walk when it’s drink good and cold. Need to demotivate.
  • gidday

I heard it was snowing!! 😜
  • azkunk
    Hopefully quick! Weather here has been so odd that it’s hard to plan to plant veggies etc. do that they don’t freeze. Don’t feel motivated to get out and walk when it’s drink good and cold. Need to demotivate.

We just picked our first tomatoes of the season. They are the size of cherry tomatoes but that’s not what I bought 🤷🏻‍♀️ The new house we are building has a much smaller yard so this might be my last year of a home garden 😢
    iqc4kvx9d5ne.jpeg

• micwrites

We just picked our first tomatoes of the season. They are the size of cherry tomatoes but that’s not what I bought 🤷🏻‍♀️ The new house we are building has a much smaller yard so this might be my last year of a home garden 😢
    iqc4kvx9d5ne.jpeg

They are beautiful anyway! Can’t wait to get mine in the ground.