Feeling discouraged

2»

Replies

• sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    you’re on fire!
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    See...that's double the first 10 !!....good job....
  • szmiggle
    szmiggle Posts: 19 Member
    alisampm wrote: »
    I officially hit the 10 pounds lost mark today and instead of feeling excited about it I feel really discouraged.

How in the world did I let it get this? I’ve lost these same pounds before.

There is really no visual change.

There is still so far to go.

Discouraged.
    I officially hit the 10 pounds lost mark today and instead of feeling excited about it I feel really discouraged.

Discouraged.

Discouraged.

Discouraged.

Discouraged.

• szmiggle
    szmiggle Posts: 19 Member
    Hang in there we all have *kitten* days.... as long as you keep coming back!
    Good luck 😊
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,379 Member
    Well done! And how the heck do you keep a nice hairdo during lockdown? I'm seriously envious
  • manyasin
    manyasin Posts: 20 Member
    That's amazing progress!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    You are doing great. Stay the course. Keep your focus and surround yourself with motivational people who will encourage and challenge you.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    I feel your pain. I went up to 210 or higher (I stopped using the scale at that point). Went down to 130 (some of that was really unhealthy because of an insane job schedule where I wouldn’t eat anything but a buttered roll for entire 24 hr periods). Then back to almost 190. Now I’m losing 1-2 lbs a week and it’s like watching paint dry. I just remind myself that I can do this and I didn’t gain it overnight (even though sometimes I feel like I must have), so I’m not going to lose it overnight.

I weigh and measure once a week, and as long as the numbers aren’t headed in the wrong direction, I remind myself to stay positive and stay on track!
  • JMGraydee18
    JMGraydee18 Posts: 7 Member
    Go to the grocery store and pick up 10lbs worth of potatoes — that is literally weight you aren’t carrying anymore! ☺️ No matter if you can see the difference — your joints are less stressed. Your heart has to work “10 lbs less hard.” You’re doing great, whether it is visible or not. Celebrate! 😉
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Give a team approach a try! There is a lot of power in working together with the same people week after week - encouraging each other, getting through the times when you would give up if they weren't there, becoming more and more committed and accountable. And having fun!

Have a look at the Fat2Fit group - it is a challenge and support group with six teams. Yes, there is competition to see who loses the most, but there are lots of other elements that help every team member who gets in there and makes it work. Take a look! If you want to give it a try, sign up for August, and hopefully you'll like it so much you'll stay.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

The sign-up thread is https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10804912/registration-for-new-members-august-2020#latest