New to Macros

kw2grlz
kw2grlz Posts: 1 Member
Hi! I want to attempt macros! Is it as confusing and as difficult as it seems? Any good daily menu plans to follow??

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2020
    Macros are not meant to have a daily menu, it's up to you to choose what you like to eat and what makes you feel full and stick to your goals, aim for your protein and fat goals and see how that makes you feel, use whatever calories remain to eat carb foods with those meals or you can even go over those protein and fat goals if you wish. Its all about what works for you. Some people find they feel fuller eating more carbs.. so if that's you, eat your carbs and then aim for protein and fat
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    You might want to explain what "macros" means to you, because what most of us think of when we hear that term is just paying attention to the macronutrients (protein, fat, carbohydrates) in the foods we eat so we can hit goals for those in addition to our calorie goal. Some of us are pretty exactly, while others (like me) shoot for a general range. Like counting calories, there is a bit of a learning curve at the beginning when you learn which foods you eat are high or low in various macronutrients.

The advantage of this method is that you can eat the foods you're already eating, you just make changes to fit your specific goals. And different people can have different goals based on their preferences, lifestyle, and health needs so there is no way to have one specific meal plan.

If you're interested in trying it, the method I had success with was starting with MFP's default macronutrient goals, eating that way for a few weeks, and then changing the goals based on my observations of how I felt and was performing in fitness.