Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Ladies & Gentlemen, what do you really think about the opinions of peeps on the Internet?

Like it - waaaay wider variance than I may get within my in person social "group"? that sounds awful - but you know what I mean, people I see every day. Nice to get such a broad variety of people to communicate with.

Def...there are haters and trolls (internet)-I laugh at, and pity

I used to be offended at being "insightful" here- now I just laugh at that!
    Ya, I'm smarter than you!
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Ladies & Gentlemen, what do you really think about the opinions of peeps on the Internet?

Like it - waaaay wider variance than I may get within my in person social "group"? that sounds awful - but you know what I mean, people I see every day. Nice to get such a broad variety of people to communicate with.

Def...there are haters and trolls (internet)-I laugh at, and pity

I used to be offended at being "insightful" here- now I just laugh at that!
    Ya, I'm smarter than you!

i hugged this because it is sweet and insightful. 😊
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member

I use it to get a sense of my self-worth, nothing important of course
  • TwitchyMacGee
    shaf238 wrote: »

Right? I’d have no idea who I am without rando opinions.

Good to see you, Shaf.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 wrote: »

Right? I’d have no idea who I am without rando opinions.

Good to see you, Shaf.

Good to (half) see you, Sara.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member

Like kittenholes, everyone's got one. But I do like it for opinions of what I look like or what I'm doing divorced from any bias people who know me would have.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men :o

My height or a bit taller. I'm 5'6", my guy is 5'7". But I'm in a wheelchair at the moment so height... meh.

@_Kashmir_314 never said this 🤔
  • TwitchyMacGee
    I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men :o

My height or a bit taller. I'm 5'6", my guy is 5'7". But I'm in a wheelchair at the moment so height... meh.

Seriously?
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Ladies and Gents...

Spend the day in the City or spend the day in nature with your SO?

I'm more of a City guy tbh but I'd do both depending on the weather 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Pre covid of course

City. More to do, more to talk about. If I'm going out in the woods or just hang out at the beach, conversation's going to get real deep, real fast, and if I'm on a date, I want lower hanging fruit to start conversation with, as opposed to thoughts about the persistence of the human soul and the rights of workers and did you hear about the WVA mining strikes that turned into basically another civil war back in the day etc etc... I've done dates in the woods, and it really takes a lot out of you, ya know?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Ladies and Gents...

Pre covid of course

City. More to do, more to talk about. If I'm going out in the woods or just hang out at the beach, conversation's going to get real deep, real fast, and if I'm on a date, I want lower hanging fruit to start conversation with, as opposed to thoughts about the persistence of the human soul and the rights of workers and did you hear about the WVA mining strikes that turned into basically another civil war back in the day etc etc... I've done dates in the woods, and it really takes a lot out of you, ya know?

I'd Sooo take you to the woods now!
    Like right now... 😂💕
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Ladies and Gents...

Pre covid of course

Like right now... 😂💕

Anytime. :heart:
  • _Kashmir_314

Seriously?

Yes, how does that even happen?
  • _Kashmir_314

It’s human nature to want to be liked and respected, but how much you care about what others think is really up to you.

You see, you never really get the full picture about someone You get words or their opinions on the screen. So if someone forms an opinion about you without all the information and based on superficial things, then that’s their problem, not yours.

I could stand in front of twenty strangers and speak about anything. Some of them will hate what I’m wearing, some will love it. Some will think I’m a fool, and others will love what I have to say. Some will forget me as soon as they leave, others will remember me for various reasons. Their opinions have nothing to do with us and everything to do with them.

I stopped putting too much emphasis on what people think about me years ago. Does it bother me if someone feels I'll towards me? Sure it does, I'm human. I don't let it consume me the way I used to.

If you don't like me - don't engage. If you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

At the end of the day the only opinion that matters to me is my own. And to be honest, I happen to like me.

Hear hear

😘
  • TwitchyMacGee

It’s human nature to want to be liked and respected, but how much you care about what others think is really up to you.

You see, you never really get the full picture about someone You get words or their opinions on the screen. So if someone forms an opinion about you without all the information and based on superficial things, then that’s their problem, not yours.

I could stand in front of twenty strangers and speak about anything. Some of them will hate what I’m wearing, some will love it. Some will think I’m a fool, and others will love what I have to say. Some will forget me as soon as they leave, others will remember me for various reasons. Their opinions have nothing to do with us and everything to do with them.

I stopped putting too much emphasis on what people think about me years ago. Does it bother me if someone feels I'll towards me? Sure it does, I'm human. I don't let it consume me the way I used to.

If you don't like me - don't engage. If you have nothing nice to say - don't say anything.

At the end of the day the only opinion that matters to me is my own. And to be honest, I happen to like me.

Yes and don’t you think there’s also a difference between a critic of content vs someone who just doesn’t like you? And there is again the third category of someone who just gets off on creating discord, knowing how to cause pain but not having any actual empathy.

People in the first class may be worth giving credence to.

People in the second 🤷‍♀️. Sometimes there’s a mismatch of personality. Ignore each other and move on.

People in the third category are ill but likely cannot be helped. At least not by me. They make things unpleasant and should probably be contained as much as possible for the good of the community.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Ladies and Gents...

Pre covid of course

Like right now... 😂💕

Anytime. :heart:

I used to call radio shows like Sean Hannity and argue with them all the time.. I'm also a pretty pro-union guy, although these days I tend to lean center-left 🤷🏽‍♂️...

I also believe in destiny, although I don't dismiss the possibility of its randomness...

I also can't walk away from a debate to save my life 😂
    So one way or another, I'm sure things will heat up pretty fast 🔥
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Ladies and Gents...

Pre covid of course

As an introvert, I chuckled heartily. Your rendition of the forest outing sounds like the greatest date ever 😍 But, yes, it's not for everyone all the time.

As for personal preference, I'm down for whatever. City walks are opportunities to be grateful for urban planning and, architecture to super basic people watching. Nature walks are great for everything from fresh air to fresh ideas...on the persistence of the human soul.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Ladies and Gents...

Pre covid of course

Idk how I missed this thoughtful answer. You’re right, it sounds exhausting
  • shaf238

Love this