Gaining weight

Options
Hi, I’m sort of new to the diet scene and don’t really know a thing about different types of supplements to use. I’m 5,11 and 141 lb. I’m looking for some guidance on what would be best for me as I’m very slim build and want to tone up and gain a lot more mass as fast as possible. Any help would be much appreciated :-)

Replies

• SoulSurvivor910
    SoulSurvivor910 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don’t worry about supplements right now. I’m assuming you put your start weight and goal weight into the app? For one day, you should do some weight training and put everything you eat into the app. Then at the end of the day, see where it is you came up short on your macros. I’m guessing you’ll probably be way off from what it says you should have eaten for the day. Take that and run with it. Pay attention to food labels. Get your macros in. Get your training in. And get some sleep. Be consistent for a month and I promise you’ll see results.
  • Philyefc91
    Philyefc91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great advice mate
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Steak, lots of steak. And chicken. Fatty fish like salmon. Sardines and crackers are good too. And rice. And some green leafy vegetables. And milk, lots of milk.

And training. What are you doing for training?
  • jpak828
    jpak828 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You seem like you have very fast metabolism. I used to be just like you. I was 5'10 135 lbs. I would say eat plenty of protein each day. Use the app to make sure you're consistently hitting 100+ grams of protein to start. Also, training is very instrumental in gaining muscle. I started with the fundamentals by squatting, deadlifting, and benching to build up my frame. I'm currently at 165 lbs. If you have the basics down, I suggest trying Wendler 5,3,1 to pack on that size. It's a strength building program based around squat, bench, deadlift, and overhead press. Good luck!