NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    Afternoon all, I missed getting on here yesterday. I did get my walk in on the treadmill and took baby for her walk. Today not so much. I had to go down to work (brick and mortar) and pick up monitors, destktop, phone. All of it and them come home and figure out how to get it all to work. LOL. Baby has been fussy and clingy so not doing much that I should be doing.

@Shexio great plan..sometimes it's better to maintain for a bit.

@trooworld I am not sure if it would start to stink. LOL Your meals sound great!!

@its_cleo Well becuase I can eat a jar of PB.. actually I probably eat on a normal day 4 T and if it eat it for 2 meals could be a total of 8 T so yea not healthy. But it calms a craving. I really hope you enjoy your bike. I used to enjoy mine, but it was more just a casual ride. LOL. Then I had to sell it, all. my riding partners sold theres and I needed the money.

@theslightedgeforever you know why I don't eat it...I save it for anyone who might be hungry. I can LIVE on PB and others can't.

@renaegry Yea for squats..I can't do them. Hurts my knee. So you can do them and I'll watch. LOL

@mswatson0777 Sounds like you love yard work. I have a daughter that loves landscaping. She is good at it too. So I say, can you come do mine? My DH had to do it as a kid and hates it. I hate him doing it, he chops all the pretty off and leaves me stubs. He says he is pruning, I say he is killing...

@TeresaW1020 When is your church opening? Yea that you can get into your stylist. I am all grey so I am glad I didn't do the transition during this time. LOL

Okay gals baby is up gotta run

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @shexio I weigh myself everyday and enter it on Happy Scale app. It has a trend line for the avg. and shows me going up or down and either in the red or green. I consider it just data and if I get a bad number I'm like meh. Unless it's really bad. lol The scale doesn't define me. My actions and habits do. If you ate a healthy snack at night, is it still considered a bad habit?

@its_cleo In my journal everyday, I write I give myself credit for.... and then list all the little things I've done for the day. Trying to keep it positive. now you've ruined the PB sandwich with unsweetened jam. lol Nothing but Smucker's grape jelly for me. It's the taste of childhood. Long term, what can you do about your tendonitis. Is it just a flare up thing or does it need surgery, therapy, etc? Yaaay on the walks.

@trooworld I'll take the chickpea bowl. I think hubby would like that. I don't like whole chickpeas. Hummus though.... with some good naan. Yummy. I know the seaweed. lol Look to the right bottom corner. wet mud?
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2020
    @cbabie Woohoo on treadmill and outside walk. So 1/2 c pb. So what do you tell yourself when you refuse to drink alcohol or sugar or do one of your fasts compared to the PB? And what if you did eat 1/2 c pb a day. Which part the most do you think is not healthy? I'm trying to figure out the psychology behind it. Could you eat 3 T twice a day? So why can't the others live off of PB? What makes them more special than you? I remember a time when we didn't have a kitchen table but four bar stools by the island. There are five of us in the family. Guess who stood for each meal. Now what was I teaching my children and hubby at that time? My thinking was, oh it's okay, I can stand. But what was I teaching them? To be selfish and not think of others. We teach people how to treat us. Now they know they are lucky to get the meal. There's the kitchen if you don't like it. lol So next time you make a nice healthy meal you divide it into how many ever portions equally and if they are still hungry later, they can go make themselves a PB sandwich. Actually I've learned that to get more beautiful pretty flowers the pruning works really well. lol It just takes a while to grow back. Actually we could all use a bit of pruning to grow back more beautiful.

Lost 1.1 lbs this week- Doing the happy dance.

Green Day-Stayed OP 231/238 Exercise-none

May goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise :(
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, smart idea plan a veggie menu. So far I have been able to find meat but there are times when there hasn’t been any or it’s slim pickings. I talked to one of my friends who is a vegetarian and told her she might have to start sending me some tried and true recipes. :smirk:

@its_cleo, that is great that you will have a place to store your new bike. I assume there are lots of good places to ride where you live? :)

@cbabie, as of yesterday we are talking about opening the church on June 21st or 28th. We are going to send out a questionnaire to our people to see what concerns they have and when they would feel comfortable returning. We won’t have nursery or children’s church to start and that is going to be a real issue for many of our families. The real struggle is that we just don’t know from week to week what is going to happen next. :/

Good morning! Well, DH and I ended up not going downtown to the jewelry store. We decided to just wait until the shelter-in-place for people over 65 is lifted so that we won’t get crazy looks from people. We did go to Home Depot and had a great time. I bought a new mop. Woot!! :D I only lost a tiny bit of weight this week but at least the scale was down. I’m going to have to push harder if I want to see any real results. OK, I’m off to workout and then cut DH hair. He is looking very shaggy. :grin:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    Hi all. I went to the stores and found that they still had meat. I talked to the butcher at my small international market and he said they'll still have meat but the price will go up. It hasn't yet. So, be prepared, that might happen in your area too.

@cbabie That's great that you did your treadmill AND took the baby for a walk yesterday! WTG! Well, the first meal we had last night was really delicious.

@theslightedgeforever We had the chickpea bowl last night and it was delicious. You could totally use a different bean. You need to add your own condiments so you have a sauce, I recommend gochujang if you have it, if you don't, maybe a bbq sauce or taste it and see what you think it needs. We also added feta cheese to our bowls. We doubled the recipe and used less avocado oil. Here's the link: https://www.ohladycakes.com/blog/potato-smoky-chickpea-bowls Oh I see the wet mud now!!! lol Congrats on the loss, woo hoo I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! :D

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I jumped the gun on the veggie menu but oh well the bowl last night was delicious! lol Congrats on the loss and the new mop! :)

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Yaaay on your weight loss. Any trend down is a good thing. Especially now. Think of the habits you are making. Congrats on the new mop. I need one too. But it will have to wait. I think the church opening will just have to go in phases.Those that can go will go and others will have to watch online.

@trooworld I've heard that smaller ethnic stores have lots of supplies still so it's better to shop there plus you help out the small business. That's important right now. I was just reading about farmers may have to euthanize some of the animals because of the meat plants closed. it messes with the timing of the supply chain. This is going to mess with a lot of keto and low carb people. Although, meatless is probably healthier. Well,if you substitute with more f&v and not just breads and pasta. lol I made the tastiest eggplant dip today. I usually don't like eggplant dip. But this one was the perfect blend of flavors. https://pinterest.com/pin/338966309457188404/ Little by little, I'm starting to sneak in veggies. I've never heard of gochujang but that doesn't mean anything. I hadn't heard of tahini either once upon a time. ooh just looked it up. Looks very spicy. Maybe black beans for me and chickpea for hubby. Ds won't eat neither.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld I couldn't do a veggie week. I could do maybe a veggie meal? I tried to be vegetarian years ago but I couldn’t keep it up. I just felt hungry all the time. And sometimes I crave red meat like crazy. I tell my friends I think I’m a vampire lol. Burgers and steak are pretty much my favourite food group. I bookmarked that chickpea bowl recipe though.

@cbabie did you get your work station at home set up? It’s kind of a pain.

@theslightedgeforever, I find the jam is pretty sweet on its own. I also buy Smuckers, Smuckers Apricot jam. It’s funny I love apricot jam and apricot candies but I’m not big on actual apricots. ….the tendonitis. It’s an overuse injury which means the only thing you can do is let it rest. Rest doesn’t mean no exercise, but it means dropping down almost to nothing, and then just slowly doing tiny bits. If a tendon tears or ruptures then surgery is sometimes needed but I stopped it before that point.

It can take 3 to 6 months to heal, sometimes longer. If I rush it and have a setback it will take longer.
    Apparently tendons are quite small- like your achilles tendon is relatively small but it generates tremendous force when you jog or run say, and even walking. So if you overload it, it burns out. However, the good news after doing almost nothing for a week I can walk about 1.5 km twice a day. I’m fighting myself not to rush it but it feels good to get out.

@TeresaW1020 yes there is a lot of very nice trails here. I used to have a bike years ago but I got rid of it. The only thing is I find the trails can get crowded. The city is in the process of paving them and so more people come. I preferred it when they were just dirt trails and other people stayed away!

Well in other news- again not doing well with calories. I was never a big dessert person, but I used to have a drink as a reward, but now I’m doing a 30 day alcohol free challenge and so now I want dessert lol. So the calories are a bit of a battle but I’m trying to be more relaxed with it right now.

I haven’t bought a bike yet, because I haven’t had time but I’m hoping to get to it within this week. There is bike racks in my apt garage but I’m still waiting for them to confirm whether there is space for me to have one yet.
    It actually snowed a bit here today which is ridiculous but I still got out and enjoyed my walk. Did some core work yesterday and today I will be doing a strength/cardio circuit my trainer gave to me.

I was reading about crossfit and it sounds awesome, I wish I could do it.

Take care all.
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone. I'm happy to say that I had a loss at the scale this morning, I'm down -0.4 lbs. Not much, but I could have gained so I'm glad for it. I'm making a frozen yogurt today, pineapple mango. It should be good and won't derail my weight loss efforts.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, in my experience with my small ethnic store, I've been able to consistently find pasta, beans, meat, cheese, yogurt, eggs, flour, and the other day I was even able to find instant yeast! The farmers doing that is going to cause the shortage to be worse. I've had baba ganoush at restaurants before but never made it. Thanks for the recipe, that looks pretty easy to make. Gochujang is a Korean condiment, it's like a cross between ketchup and bbq sauce with a little spice. It's not too spicy (unless you buy the spicy kind). It's super good. Oh, you looked it up so you probably saw that. :) Yeah, black beans would go good in that dish I think.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Omg. Ate and drank way to much Friday and Saturday. Today is a new week. Back to eating healthy and counting. Plan today is a jog later this morning. Pretty chilly out right now. Mother’s Day supper is bbq ribs and chicken thighs. Cubed potatoes and asparagus.
  • trooworld
    Good morning all and Happy Mother's Day to the mothers in the group, whether you are a mother of a human, a fur baby, a baby that didn't make it, or a baby to be, this day is for you! <3 I hope your day is special.

I just got back from a walk with the husband and the dog. It was nice, the weather was okay and it was good to get out. Yesterday, I tried to bake my first real loaf of yeast bread: an Italian loaf. It was all going well until I tried to score it on the top before baking. It said to use a razor blade or a sharp paring knife. I had neither so I used the sharpest chef's knife I had and it sort of deflated my loaf. It came out of the oven flattened. That was depressing: 4 hours' worth of work! :( But the Kale-Walnut Pesto Pasta we had with it was super good.

@renaegry Your dinner sounds amazing!

COMMITTED.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    HI all...Happy Mothers Day to all that trooworld said..Cold, dreary day here today. Supposed to be a frost/freeze warning tonight, but they think this will be the end of that much cold. Hope so, I am ready for spring. My cousin said she has flowers & tomato plants out already, and I don't have any yet. Dh helped dd till up the spot where she wants to plant a few things, peas, beans carrots, & zucchini & she got them in the ground. Hopefully I can put a few things in this week, she gave me her left over seeds, lol.

@trooworld Sorry about your bread. That is discouraging after putting so much work into it. Good job with the vegetarian menu. Being here at home & not going to restaurants makes me think I could do the Whole Food Plant Based like my sister..if I would continue to be here. Not sure I have the "willpower" to continue at a restaurant. Glad you got a nice walk in.

@renaegry Oh well, back to a healthy day again. Your supper sounds delicious. I love asparagus! I think we will order a pizza...we are both hungry for one as we have not ordered anything at all during the quarantine.

@its_cleo I agree on the apricots, yuck! Be careful with your achilles, a gal I used to work with had to have surgery on hers. Getting a bike sounds like a great idea! I have an old one that I keep thinking I need to get out & start riding. I hadn't ridden for probably 25 years until a few years ago when gkids were at our house, so I got it out so I could ride with them. Surprised myself that I could still do it...guess like they say, you never forget, lol.

@theslightedgeforever Good job with more veggies. I need to be eating more...mostly been broccoli, corn, & sweet potatoes around here, lol. Congrats on the loss, too! Things are opening up around here quite a bit...not convinced we should be yet with our case counts, but guess they didn't ask me, lol.

@cbabie Yeah for getting walks in. I bet the baby enjoyed it, too. Hope you got your work station all set up. Most of the time when I cook something, I must be planning for more people, because we usually have leftovers. Thats OK with both of us, tho. Dh & I will reheat most anything, & it saves cooking another meal, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Glad you got your hair done. I go with the natural hair..mine is kind of a blondish gray, but not going to color it. Sis has pretty salt & pepper type gray. Gave dh another haircut yesterday. He decided a few years ago that he didn't have enough hair to pay a barber, so I took over the job. Luckily he doesn't mind a buzz cut.
    It is interesting about your church opening. Ours is still closed, but is so big, that I think social distancing would be hard. They plan to continue streaming the services even after they do open, so people that want to stay home yet, will be able to see it. We have had a young girl (about 10?) singing during a few of the services. She has an amazing voice for her age! Did you say about Vacation Bible School? Ours has decided to postpone it until next summer.

Think I said about dh breaking off a tooth. He saw the dentist last week & she was able to pull the rest out. We thought for sure he would have to go to an oral surgeon. Glad he didn't. Still really sore.

Well, not much happening here. Dd just called & asked if we will be home, they are coming over after a bit. We have been limiting our visits (been over there a few times) to being outside & 6 foot apart, but today is pretty chilly, so not sure if we will do that or if they will come in. Kind of feel like I shouldn't make a big deal out of it, if the other dd & gkids are coming here the end of the month. I am still conflicted about that, but know she needs help with the gkids while she works from home. The kids are planning to go fishing as much as we can, lol.

• trooworld
    Hello everyone. Okay where is everyone? Did you all lose sight of your goals and quit on me? lol Get back on the horse! ;) Last night for dinner, we made sweet and sour tofu. We made the sauce and the veggies on the stove but we coated the tofu in cornstarch and then air fried it and it came out nice and crispy. Then we added it to the sauce and veggies. It was sooooo good.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Glad to see you here. I was tired of talking to myself! lol What bad weather! I hope your weather turns warm soon. Yeah my bread was so disappointing. So far, the vegetarian menu is going okay, I do miss meat a bit. Your poor DH! Ouch. How did the visit by the DD go?

COMMITTED.
  • Kaar17
    Kaar17 Posts: 3 Member
    @renaegry Where did you start with macros? How did you figure out what your macros should be? I am currently on WW and starting to struggle. Honestly, I think it's because I am not eating enough. I am interested in the macros - but completely overwhelmed with the information.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited May 2020
    @its_cleo tendonitis: I have golfer's elbow that flares up at times so I get it. I wear my brace when it happens until the pain is gone. I don't actually golf but I guess doing things around the house. I always know when it's back when I pick up my heavy skillet. I've learned to hold my arm in close to my side versus arm out. I never understood why I have to wear the brace in a place where there is no pain but it works. lol I guess it pushes on something connected to the pain place. Now I have pain on the top of my foot I'm dealing with. It comes and goes. Well now you know you can never stop drinking or you would eat dessert all the time. :D Just keep working on the calories.

@trooworld Hooray for the loss. Down is down. It's all about the trend. I think I would like a ketchup/bbq sauce mix. Maybe I could make my own. That's a bummer on the bread. Is the "score" just for decoration? I thought I just missed one day but it looks like two. All the days run together. I don't even know what I do. But the days zoom by just sitting in the house.

@renaegry So back to your plan. Did dh leave? Your dinner sounded really good.

@retiredandlovingit I was talking with ds yesterday and he had a sweater on. I was like, I thought it turned warm there. He said, yeah but now it's chilly again. lol We've only ordered in once the past couple of months. It was pizza. I'm so sick of home-cooked food. Sick of the cooking too. lol Ds told me the malls were opening up. I'm like, why? your area is exploding. He says quit looking at the numbers everyday, Mom. lol I can't help myself. Glad they got dh's tooth fixed. Enjoy the grandkids even though I know how worried you are. Play the handwashing game all the time they are there. lol

@kaar17 Welcome to the group! I hope you get the answers you need.

So Happy Mother's Day to all. I celebrated by having a video chat with the whole family. The kids sang me the song they wrote to me when they were little. I have that on tape and just saw it last week. Thank God for video conferencing.

I'm enjoying my 100 day book right now. Just finished my first 10 days and lost 0.5 lbs. It's called Chasing Cupcakes. Right now talking about always taking the hard road when the easy road could be taken.

Green Day-Stayed OP 235/238 carbs Exercise-none

May goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals through exercise. :(

• its_cleo
    edited May 2020
    Hey @trooworld still here! Sweet and sour tofu sounds yummy.

@Kaar17 I had the same issue with WW. Overall my calories would be like 1000 and yet I would be out of points. And 1000 calories a day is not healthy.

@theslightedgeforever so here is the funny thing with the alcohol- at the end of one week of being alcohol free and my calories for the week were higher than when I wasn't alcohol free. I was so surprised. So it's just a week, so I'll see how the rest of the month goes. But it's definitely an interesting experiment for me. I do think my skin looks nicer/clearer so there are other advantages. ...golfer's elbow. Well the tendon runs from top of shoulder to elbow. Then I think from elbow to wrist. So the pain shows up at the points, but bracing your forearm could help.

Achilles tendon runs from your calf to heel, so pain shows up near the heel, but it is partly caused by calf issues.....
  • its_cleo
    @RetiredAndLovingIt good to hear about the bike! I just bought one online I'm hoping it will be here Friday.

I haven't ridden in about ten years.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Hi everyone! Quick check in today. I got a new job (yay!) but with it comes a lot more work and stress so I may not be posting as much but will still try to drop in to say hi. I had my "come to Jesus" moment where I reminded myself that this is not an excuse to go off the rails because I need my pants to fit when all this is over. There will be NO COVID-15 gained in this house!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @mswatson0777, that is great that you have a new job and a good reason to be able to get into your pants. I hope you will continue to check in with us. <3

@trooworld, I’m here and on my horse! ;) Will you try to make bread again? I have always been way to intimated to try it myself.

@RetiredAndLovingIt, our children’s director is looking into doing VBS on Facebook Live this year. We have some talented college students with nothing to do this summer who plan to help. I’m still not quite sure how that will work. I cut my DH’s hair as well. Ouch on your DH breaking a tooth. That is great that he was able to see the dentist. :)

Good morning! Sorry that I went MIA. I really didn’t realize that it had been so many days. :o I didn’t do much this weekend. Mother’s Day is a day that just makes me sad and mad since losing my daughter. I would have ignored it all together except that I now have my mom living with me. I gave her an extra-large print Bible and made her enchiladas for dinner. She was happy! Yesterday, I went grocery shopping and then came home and mopped all the floors and deep cleaned our home office. DH bought us a tabletop grill and we had grilled hamburgers last night. Now I can start a new Pinterest board for grilled food. :grin:

• trooworld
    Good morning everyone. It's nice to see you all back on the board. I was feeling a bit lonely yesterday. Not that @RetiredAndLovingIt wasn't good company, she was! But I'm used to the chit chatter of many more voices! ;) My mood has been foul lately and yesterday was a change of pace: I had the energy to do a 20-minute Leslie Sansone walking video, clean my fridge, and then in the afternoon I actually dared to tackle the black hole. :O Have I ever told you about that room? It's our spare room. It's packed so tight in some places in there that you can't walk in there. It desperately needs to be organized and sorted through but it's overwhelming. So yesterday, I started the process.

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, there are recipes online for gochujang. Some of the ingredients may be kind of hard to find but you could probably improvise or buy them online. I think the "score" is a decoration but also deflates the bread slightly. The next time, I will buy a clean razor blade to have on hand before I bake. I was so very disappointed! :( I don't miss days only because it's part of my morning routine: get coffee, sit at the computer check my email, chat with you gals. ;) What a sweet Mother's Day present from your family! I'm glad you are enjoying your 100-day book. I look forward to hearing insights from it.

@its_cleo Yay! Yeah, that sweet and sour tofu was super good. Air frying tofu is the way to go. I'm so glad to hear you bought your bike! I can't wait to hear about you exploring your town. :D

@mswatson0777 Are you working for the same university? Congrats!

@TeresaW1020 lol...I'm glad you are still with us! I will try the bread again when the need arises. I will make sure and have a sharp razor blade on hand to actually make the cut with the proper instrument. I was so disappointed! As I said on the other board, I get the ignoring Mother's Day thing. Not only did I lose my mother, but I've had multiple miscarriages, so Mother's Day is not my favorite holiday. I'm so sorry it's painful for you, too.

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    Morning all, not much time I am at work, but have had a horrible headache for 2 days. So no walking and no movement..LOL

will try to catch up on personals later.

Cbabie