Google Fit and logging exercise

wee_evs
wee_evs Posts: 1 Member
Hi guys! I am wondering if my exercise calories are correct. I went for a run and Google Fit logged calories from the steps, but logging it through exercise it had a different amount of calories, does anybody know what is the best way to log it?
Also, I have tried to connect map my walk with mfp and it doesn't seem to connect??
Any help is much appreciated! Thank you all xx

Replies

• mookie12345
    mookie12345 Posts: 1 Member
    Mine is the same. Why are the numbers completely different? 🤯
    166 calories for a run on Google fit, becomes 33 on mfp???
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Yep, I switched to using Mapmyrun and Mapmywalk because of this.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I take whichever one has the lower calculation into account for my day's eating 🤷🏿‍♀️
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    There are several known bugs listed on the troubleshooting section.
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032625231-Known-Issues-Integration-Partners

Bug: Step count not syncing from Google Fit
    Bug: Erroneous Calorie adjustment when manual exercise is added (SHealth, GoogleFit, Apple Watch/iPhone)

Plus the way they sync is different than other trackers.
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032273832-Google-Fit-FAQ-and-Troubleshooting

Please Note: The calories burned for the exercise listed in MyFitnessPal will not match the calorie burn listed in Google Fit. This is because Google Fit does not take into account your age and gender when doing their calculation. MyFitnessPal takes this information into account and, therefore, produces a more accurate estimation of the calorie burn from the logged exercise will be displayed on our end.

How does Step Tracking work with Google Fit?
    Google Fit is one of our Step Source Partners. This means that you can select Google Fit from the Steps menu within the Android MyFitnessPal app, to track your step count throughout the day, and have your daily activity accounted for within the programs. If you have this selected, MyFitnessPal will pull your step count from Google Fit, and give you an Exercise Adjustment in your MyFitnessPal Diary (go here to learn more about adjustments). This will show differently than exercises logged by Google Fit.