NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited May 2020
    @its_cleo Clearer healthy looking skin is definitely an advantage. Congrats on your new bike.

@mswatson0777 I guess Yaaay on your new job. Although you were stressed to the max as it was. I hear you on the Covid15 and I'm working hard to reverse it.

@teresaw1020 Come on, try some bread. Unless you think you will eat the whole thing. I think dough is easy if you proof the yeast correctly. I've never made a loaf of bread but do yeast rolls and cheese filled croissants regulary. Oh, wait, I did make a loaf of Artisian bread in my new dutch oven. Forgot about that. That's great about the college students. Sometimes different can be fun and we learn from it. I'm glad you had your mom there this year for Mother's Day.

@trooworld Hooray for attempting the black hole. A little a day gets it done. Even years later. lol I have a black corner. I'm sorry about Mother's Day for you. But you are a mother to your furbaby. If only the furbaby could cook or order flowers. But hey, I have live humans that live with me.........As the Stones sing, You can't always get what you want. (I didnt want to cook on Mother's Day) Sometimes they just can't read the room.

@cbabie Did you try your oils for your headache? What other stress reliever things could you do? Dark room with noise canceling headphones? lol

So some insights from my book so far.....

Hard road or easy road?

When your path is taking you down the hard road, you repeatedly let yourself down. Stop submitting to the familiar lies that keep you from creating the change you want. What are those lies? stop living in a cycle of continuous deferment…tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, but never today.

Hallmarks of the hard road:

Valuing novelty (new approaches) and intensity over consistency.
    Putting off until later what you don’t feel like prioritizing today.
    Focusing on your skillset more than your mindset.
    Investing energy in the problem instead of acting on the solution.
    Making yourself a victim of factors outside your control.
    Making decisions based on emotion instead of principle.
    Trying to do everything right instead of focusing on doing the right thing.
    Talking yourself into an excuse instead of talking yourself into progress.
    Focusing more on the journeys and opinions of others than on your own.

From "Chasing Cupcakes" by Elizabeth Benton

Yellow Day-Stayed OP 190/200 Exercise-free day

May goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @mswatson0777 congrats on the job! I know starting a new job can be stressful but in the long run I hope it’s great!

@trooworld that’s great you started your room. When I do projects like that I always want to throw everything out or nothing, depending on my mood.

@theslightedgeforever that sounds like a great book! All of those really stand out to me. Especially the first one and the one about not being a victim.

One thing a trainer (not mine) said to me once was- hard work is hard. It really stuck in my head. It pops in my head when I’m exercising and trying to put my effort into a move, especially if it’s an exercise I don’t like or I’m not good at.

I’m good. Have a light week at work. Tomorrow we are meeting about my next assignment/contract so I’m a little anxious but it will be ok.

I did some strength training on my own today, and have been doing short walks during the day. Not much else to report!

I'm going to buy a couple books on amazon and will scout around to see if they have any fitness stuff I can use.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    @theslightedgeforever - you made a good point.

I’m really feeling in the zone. It’s amazing. One change is I’m drinking more water. More water, less desires for food. Also, mindset seems dialed in. So nice to be in this headspace right now. I’m feeling like I’ll see amazing things of I step in the scale. So I’m staying off of it (afraid It’ll be bad and I’ll go into a tail soon). Nope. No weighing in! Not right now. Not worth all the success I feel from what I’m eating. I know I must be doing it right. It just feels like I am!!!!!!
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    I just downloaded the book : Made to a crave
    Love it!!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@trooworld, good for you for having the courage to tackle the Black Hole! Just keep telling yourself how much better you will feel once it’s done and organized. I’m glad that you got through the weekend too. ((hugs)) <3

@cbabie, so sorry that you have been having such a bad headache. :'( Do you know what is causing it?

@theslightedgeforever, yeah you might be right and that if I made a loaf of bread I would probably eat it all. Unless my DH got to it before me with his massive amount of butter that he likes to put on bread. He actually eats peanut butter, butter, and jelly sandwiches for lunch. Soooo gross! :s Oh, I keep meaning to tell you that I am totally hooked on Justified. I LOVE me some Raylan Givens! <3
    So some insights from my book so far.....

When your path is taking you down the hard road, you repeatedly let yourself down. Stop submitting to the familiar lies that keep you from creating the change you want. What are those lies? stop living in a cycle of continuous deferment…tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow, but never today.

Uggghhh this!! Every day I say tomorrow I'm going to push my fasting longer and every day I end up not making it past noon. Maybe I need to stop focusing on the amount of fasting time and focus on the actual time on the clock. Like today, why don't I just say that I'm going to wait until 12:10 to eat and then tomorrow wait until 12:15 to eat and so on? Hmm, I'm going to give that a try. Thanks! :)

@its_cleo, did you finish your puzzle? I’m still trying to put all the blue pieces together on the top half of my 5000 piece puzzle. I might never finish it! :D I’m still on the hunt for 2 lb. weights that don’t cost a fortune. I have 3 lbs. but I’m telling you that this Barre Blend program works my arms as much as when I was doing more heaving lifting. I think it’s because she keeps our bodies under tension for sooooo long! When does your bike arrive?

@Shexio, I had that book Made to Crave and read most of it. From what I remember it was very good. Maybe I should see if I still have it. :)

Good morning! Not much going on today. It's Barre Blend booty day so that should be intense. My new Booty Kicker bar is supposed to arrive today so DH will put it together for me tomorrow. I'm excited to see if it will be better than using the side of my treadmill and my plastic shelving. Tonight we are having all-beef hotdogs on our new grill. We rarely eat hotdogs so we are all excited about dinner. :D Have a good day!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hi all. I worked for several hours in the black hole and made some progress. My husband helped me drag stuff out to my car to take to the Salvation Army. I might work some more today. I don't know. I got kind of sore yesterday. It's really bugging me the way it is in there, so I may.

@cbabie I hope your head feels better soon. Take care.

@theslightedgeforever Yes! And I worked on it some more yesterday, took a load of stuff to the Salvation Army for donation. Lots of people donating stuff. Mother's Day...yes, I am. I do wish he could help celebrate. So you ended up cooking on Mother's Day even though you didn't want to? Thanks for the snippets from your book. Interesting.

@its_cleo Yeah it feels good. That room has caused me so much anxiety since we've moved in. I hope you find what you are looking for on Amazon.

@Shexio Yay for being in the zone! Woo hoo!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah, it's a big task. I worked for several hours and was totally sore afterward. I had to lay on the heating pad for a while. Hugs to you, too. <3 Hot dogs on the grill sound really good! I hope you enjoy them.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Kaar17 wrote: »
    @renaegry Where did you start with macros? How did you figure out what your macros should be? I am currently on WW and starting to struggle. Honestly, I think it's because I am not eating enough. I am interested in the macros - but completely overwhelmed with the information.

Currently I am doing 40% carbs and 30% fat and protein. MFP defaults I think to 50/30/20.
  • renaegry
    @theslightedgeforever yes hubby went back to work Monday morning but is back home tomorrow for the long weekend. So the vicious circle starts again. Lol. Will be a quieter day today. Help at local grocery store then into Yorkton. Hubby picked me out a 26’ CCM men’s bike at Canadian Tire for Mother’s Day. So going to go buy it. Been keeping up with my steps for the stepbet game I have been playing. Been walking or running daily.

Hope everyone is well. Don’t have time to comment to all today. Will try to be on more.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all, It seems no treadmill today. Baby has been having a few rough nights. I think it's teeth/growing pains. She is so tall. I did terrible on food yesterday..stress. I will say that each day I get more insight into why I am where I am right now. So now to keep moving forward. My grandson would have be believe I am just at the age I get fat...LOL. I still don't really like my job, but we went in last week and brought company equipment home, so working with 2 monitors is much easier!!! So the little things...LOL

@trooworld I have a whole house of black hole I am wanting to address. So I will be there with you very soon.

@TeresaW1020 I would eat the whole loaf too and I love you DH lunch..LOL A couple of things in regards to my headaches..the headset wiht my glasses that I have to use for work. I went the cheap route on my glasses and I don't think they are positioned right..will be going to address that as soon as I can. Stress is I am sure another factor. working on that too.

@its_cleo Yea on the bike and clearer skin...Funny how we don't know what effects our bodies, they are so complex. I love that you know so much about our bodies..I have a daughter like you. LOL

@renaegry Glad things are returning semi normal fo you.

@theslightedgeforever No I didn't do my oils..yes I should have..I haven't taken the time to make my migraine roller...seems baby and job take up my day..trying to find balance again.

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you, and I hope you took some time for self care this weekend

@trooworld I totally get not celebrating, I have the same thing with father's day for that same reason. I avoid social media that day and pretend it doesn't exist. And same place, I took on an interim role

@theslightedgeforever You're not wrong, I am really worried about my stress levels. But I had to take it for career advancement so this next year will be...interesting. Thanks for sharing the insights from your book, it sounds like a great read!

Thanks @its_cleo, I hope your project transition goes well too!

@cbabie The multiple monitors makes such a difference! I only made it one week working on one!

@Shexio Glad to hear you're feeling in the zone, that's awesome!

Hi everyone! Another busy week here. I'm glad I'm on a school break while I'm learning the ropes of my new job. I also dropped down to one class this summer. It helps I don't have to juggle a social life right now, so I guess that's a plus? I've been doing pretty well on the food and movement front, so my goal is to keep that trend going!

• its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 Woot for Raylan! Love him though I do like the other guy also, Walter Goggins character.

I haven't finished my puzzle yet but almost. The Life Magazibe covers. You would probably find it pretty easy. It's almost done.

Back tomorrow to respond to the rest!
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! I've almost got the spare room done. All that's left is to order some plastic boxes to transfer the remaining 4 cardboard boxes that are on the floor into the plastic boxes so that they can be stacked neatly against the shelving units. Then, I want to sew some kind of curtains to cover the shelving units so it hides what's on the shelves. I emptied about 15 cardboard boxes! I was so exhausted and honestly, I wanted pizza, so we ordered pizza last night. I had 2 slices. BUT...I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, my husband had made chocolate chip cookies over the weekend and yesterday morning he told me to throw the cookies away if I wanted. Well, what did I do? I threw those 5 cookies away in my mouth! LOL I couldn't believe I did that.

@cbabie I hope the baby settles down soon. That's good you have 2 monitors at home now, I know that is much easier to work with. Do you think you'll ever attack your black hole?

@mswatson0777 Yeah, unfortunately, Father's Day is the same situation for me (I had lousy parents/bad relationships with them so I feel you). I'll be thinking of you in June. Congrats on the new role!

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • renaegry
    Other then my running around yesturday I didn’t get no actual exercise in but did his step goal. Today’s plan is to go for a run later this morning. Bought a new bike yesterday so maybe go for a little bike ride tonight. Got it for Mother’s Day 😁
    d0x7nwbph7pt.jpeg
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning all,
    I haven't gotten on the treadmill all week, baby is just not working with me here..LOL. I do still go for walks in the afternoon with her. She loves outside... I tracked yesterday.. Yea.. all of it..Starting to try to make it another day of tracking..baby steps.

@renaegry yea, love the bike. And movement is movement..if you were running around you weren't sitting in a chair..LOL

@trooworld YEA on the black hole.. well if I get mine done it will be when everyone moves out.LOL

@its_cleo so glad you dropped by!! Great job on the puzzle

@mswatson0777 Yes the monitors makes all the difference. I don't think I will ever want to go back to work at the bldg..LOL

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    @cbabie I think I've learned as I've gotten older- you start to care more lol. That's great you tracked everything! It took me a while to get used to it.

@mswatson0777 I hope you get a break over the summer too.

@trooworld I can't believe you're almost done organizing your room. That was fast, you just started.

Lazy day today. Calories more on track but exercise not as good. They're opening stores here but I dont know when my gym will open.

Take care all
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    @renaegry Love the new bike

@Its_cleo I'd love to see the completed puzzle, it sounds really cool!

@trooworld cookies are my kryptonite, I'm impressed they lasted that long in your house. It sounds like you were really active getting all those boxes situated!

@cbabie Transitioning back to work again is going to be a struggle. There is a lot I like about being at home!

Happy Thursday all! I took Friday off and am looking forward to a long weekend ahead. The good weather today is definitely helping my mood, and I've been able to be really productive which is nice. I'm enjoying learning my role, I always enjoy new challenges (probably why I get overbooked so easily). I hope you all have wonderful, healthy weekends!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    14 posts. Didn’t I just miss one day😀 anyway no time to chat but didn’t want trooworld to be lonely.

Hope everyone is making good choices today
  • trooworld
    Hi all. I ordered some fabric to cover up the ugly metal shelves in the spare room. This means I'm going to have to sew a bunch of curtains. I am not the best sewer so I hope I can figure this out. The material is purple cotton broadcloth. I got it because it was on sale for $1.99 a yard. I had to order it online so now I wait! I'm also waiting on a couple of plastic bins to come. I'll need more than 2, but this is just to see what these two are like to see if I like them. If I cover up the shelving, I may be able to make that room a yoga/meditation space after all! :smile:

@renaegry Nice bike! Congrats.

@cbabie That's good you still go for walks, that sounds really nice! :) Yeah, my anxiety was so high because of that room. It feels so much better now.

@its_cleo I know! When I'm all done, I'm going to post a before and after and you won't believe it. ;) I can't believe it. I don't know where I got the energy to do it.

@mswatson0777 Yeah, and they were super good ones, too. We had them in the freezer, I think that's the only reason. ;) I was really active, my body has been aching for days lol. Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend too!

@theslightedgeforever Thank you! <3 You must be very busy! I hope you have a good weekend.

COMMITTED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, that is a good idea to cover up the shelves. It would be nice for you to have a nice Zen space to do your thing in. :)

@its_cleo, ohhhhh yeah I really like Walter Goggins character too! He is a great actor. B)

@theslightedgeforever, I’m trying to make good choices! :)

@mswatson0777, I hope you have a nice weekend. Are you all done with the yard work? :)

Hi everyone! I had to get up early this morning and take mom to her new cancer doctor to be checked out. She had a small lung cancer a couple of years ago and needs to be monitored now. Then she had to go get blood work done. She wasn’t happy that she had to wear a mask into both places. :| I waited in the car and read my book, which was much more comfortable. My DH is in bed not feeling well. He went yesterday and got a shingles vaccine which come to find out gives flu like symptoms. I told him that his timing wasn’t the smartest considering we are in the midst of a pandemic and his symptoms match that of Covid. Ugghhhh! Hopefully, he will start feeling better soon or we will be going for test just to make sure. :# My weight was up almost a pound this week. I blame the new grill, which of course required beer to be consumed with our hamburgers and hotdogs. Guess, I better get my act together. I’m off to workout now.
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Yes! I hope I can do it. ;) Oh dear, your poor husband! I hope he feels better soon. I'm up a little at the scale, too, I feel you. Next week, we will crush it girl!!!

COMMITTED.