Looking for actual friends

LaMartian
LaMartian Posts: 478 Member
I'd like to be friends with folks who have more of a "real world" type attitude. The constant "get it done!" and "crush it!" and "grind!" is just annoying. It's not realistic. No one is perpetually happy or energetic. It's okay to get tired and it's okay to take a day off, then pick it back up. Those are the kinds of friends I'd like to have.

Replies

• welshgirl45
    welshgirl45 Posts: 5 Member
    Add me!! Lol 🤣🤣
  • LaMartian
    I added you both :)
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    People say "grind"? I promise to never say that.
  • LaMartian
    sadiebrawl wrote: »
    People say "grind"? I promise to never say that.

Yeah, it's always something like "rise and grind"
  • beautifullxo
    beautifullxo Posts: 46 Member
    I need actual friends too!😫
  • LaMartian
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    So many catchphrases. So little time. B)

Just trust the process
    Be bendy in life and yoga
    You are your only limit
    Pack UP your troubles and keep them to yourself

That awkward moment in life when you're wearing your Nikes and you just can't do it
    Rock bottom can become the solid foundation on which you rebuild your life
    You really, really want it. So you buy it and then you forget it. That includes all of that exercise equipment in your basement. ;)

I could deal with all those, but the "Pack UP your troubles and keep them to yourself" one just bugs me. You gotta let that stuff out! It'll kill you.
  • LaMartian
    let's not derail this
  • LaMartian
    Well this got weird.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Man, I always say "You Got This!", never thought it would be annoying! I usually post in the morning about getting fired up to work out and cheer everyone on. Now I'm going to think twice about my positive mood. I have been complaining about being injured and being stuck with boring workouts until I'm better so I guess that's keepin it real?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    LaMartian wrote: »
    Well this got weird.

That always happens, most of the time I post a question on the forum it seems like it's taken wrong and I end up feeling stupid. I'm not asking questions unless it's real straight-forward anymore.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Well this got weird.

Consider the source. ;)

No pat phrases or cheerleading from me. Haven't got the time or the personality for that. I'm honest, knowledgeable and try to see the humour in everything.

And everyone.

Some days that works better than others. :D
  • yasai75
    yasai75 Posts: 7 Member
    Tell me about your good days and your bad days. I like actual conversations.
  • Em05us
    Em05us Posts: 117 Member
    Hey, add me if you would like. I like to think I'm real! I like positivity and motivational stuff but I'm also you know what it's been a rough day, week ect...and that's okay to.
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    Feel free to add me!! I try my best to stay positive and motivated, but am very realistic when I need rest days or when I need to get back on track.
  • OhnoherecomesEdel
    OhnoherecomesEdel Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2020
    F*** idk what to say...now I feel like I'm the most f**king annoying person in the world...lol I would say add me but f**k idk lol
  • Well then add me because I totally get it. Just because I don't have rainbows coming out of my @$$ every single day doesn't mean I hate the world. There are times when I crush it(😆 catchphrase) and times when I feel defeated. I happily admit both. 😏
  • jjkh5970
    jjkh5970 Posts: 466 Member
    Add me!
  • joanncarbone4
    joanncarbone4 Posts: 4 Member
    I'd like to be friends with folks who have more of a "real world" type attitude. The constant "get it done!" and "crush it!" and "grind!" is just annoying. It's not realistic. No one is perpetually happy or energetic. It's okay to get tired and it's okay to take a day off, then pick it back up. Those are the kinds of friends I'd like to have.

I would like to be friends. Read my profile
  • crystalccampos
    crystalccampos Posts: 15 Member
    Hi! Crystal here
  • ERB2018
    ERB2018 Posts: 16 Member
    I would like to join this realistic group! Add me! 🌼