Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    HOLY WOW!!!! Nice work so far dear!!! Glad to have you on board!!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hi Jamie, welcome to the group. It is a great community and we'd love to share in your progress. Congrats on your loss so far. Just stick with OMAD and you will reach your goals. It won't always be easy and you will have some not so good days, but get back on the program and you will see success. Again congrats and welcome.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Hi Jamie! Welcome back!
  • Dirk_Splang
    Dirk_Splang Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! Great to be join this community.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome!
  • cbc4deb
    cbc4deb Posts: 13 Member
    My name is Deb and I have never tried OMAD, but very curious about it. I have tried soooooooooooooo many different diets, and can not/will not stick with them for more than 6 months....

Weight: 260 - guessing
    Height: 5'5"

I have a lot of stress in taking care of my parents and my family. I stress eat ALL DAY LONG!!!

• arguablysamson
    cbc4deb wrote: »
    My name is Deb and I have never tried OMAD, but very curious about it. I have tried soooooooooooooo many different diets, and can not/will not stick with them for more than 6 months....

Weight: 260 - guessing
    Height: 5'5"

I have a lot of stress in taking care of my parents and my family. I stress eat ALL DAY LONG!!!

Hi!

If you want to succeed, you must reprogram your mind to know that stress has nothing to do with eating. Nothing whatsoever. If you can learn that and establish/stick with your new routine, you can and will totally succeed. I did it. You absolutely can.

-Joe
  • cbc4deb
    cbc4deb Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you, Joe. The mindset is the biggest hurdle!! I am going to check out more of the thread for inspiration
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You will find a lot of support here, hope you stick around.
  • LadyBlanks
    OMAD is a wonderful WOE that really works. Please give it a good honest try and you will be amazed. We are here for you. Welcome to OMAD and to the group!
  • Zezeril
    Zezeril Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm Becky,
    I've been doing this here for a month now and I've lost 2 dress sizes!!
    But I'm getting leg twitches and some moments with prolonged headaches, I've increased my water intake and have got myself some fasting electrolyte tabs. All of that aside I'm so much happier and full of energy!
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Becky...

Never heard of leg itches, but electroyte tabs can work. You rock!

Welcome!

-Joe
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited June 2020
    EXCELLENT work Becky and welcome!!! Keep up the good work!!!

The leg twitches probably mean you're short on either Iron, Protein, or both - try increasing your dark leafy greens/green veggies to increase your iron intake and I bet it helps ;)
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Hello! I’ve just joined. :)
    I’m Leah and I’m 36 years old.

I don’t really know what I’m doing but I sort of accidentally started OMAD yesterday and I think I like it. My biggest problem with weight loss seems to be that I get easily stressed over planning low calorie meals and portion control and then I end up feeling like I’m missing out and binge eating. I think OMAD might help with that. I really like food so the idea of relaxing and eating one meal that I’m going to actually enjoy sounds wonderful.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Hi there and a warm welcome <3
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome, Leah! You are going to love OMAD and this group. Both are great
  • Loury748
    Loury748 Posts: 2 Member
    my name is Lou i am 79 year old, in common with a lot of people i have yo yo'd diets for as long as i can remember. now on OMAD and it works, lost 19 pounds so far and not hungry energy levels better than ever. OMAD is now my new life style i find it easy to stick to, so only 28 pounds to hit my goal. the lesson in this is your never to old to start OMAD.
  • arguablysamson
    Loury748 wrote: »
    my name is Lou i am 79 year old, in common with a lot of people i have yo yo'd diets for as long as i can remember. now on OMAD and it works, lost 19 pounds so far and not hungry energy levels better than ever. OMAD is now my new life style i find it easy to stick to, so only 28 pounds to hit my goal. the lesson in this is your never to old to start OMAD.

That is totally awesome. It is never too late to take back control and your life!

Welcome!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Welcome Leah and Lou!!!! We're happy to have youuuu :)
  • BoundaryQueen2020
    BoundaryQueen2020 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi all,

I'm starting OMAD in a couple of weeks. I have just started on ADHD meds and I find that my appetite is pretty absent during the day now anyway - sorry, I know that's not helpful for those people who don't have that tool but if it's any consolation, I'm taking it because I have Binge Eating Disorder rather than ADHD so it's won't be forever. So, I am still tracking what I eat for dinner and will probably also eat breakfast some day as when the meds stop, I want to have good habits in place so I don't fall straight back into old habits. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who is in the same situation - definitely looking for more friends to be able to discuss the OMAD lifestyle. Add me if you like - especially if you happen to be in Brisbane, Australia.