The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• gjw5000
    gjw5000 Posts: 86 Member
    49 this year... Nearly too old for this group 😬.

Happy Sunday everyone.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Middle age here 53. Omg did I say that? 😂. Really need support from others. It’s so hard doing this alone. I have over 100lbs to lose and this is my 5,000 attempt at doing it. It’s really starting to affect my health

Go for it you can do it just believe in yourself.
  • mizval38
    mizval38 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi im 38 new to this wondering how all this works need some help please
  • Jay_d2020
    Jay_d2020 Posts: 2,924 Member
    I’m 36 been losing and gaining weight for 10 years now... I’m changing my lifestyle now not just dieting... feel free to add me
  • SpinforCals
    SpinforCals Posts: 112 Member
    Happy week 9 of confinement middle agers. How are you coping?
  • VintageStarlette
    VintageStarlette Posts: 3 Member
    Fresh 46 here. The only clothes I have that fit me anymore are a pair of leggings and my husband's t-shirt—not an exaggeration.

I've been eating everything I want and drinking as much as I want, and I'm tired of being miserable and ashamed. I just want to feel good again and feel like I LOOK good again!
  • mkreh716
    mkreh716 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. I am 49 years old. I was a very healthy, active woman. Five years ago I got very sick and was hospitalized a few times. The prednisone made me gain some weight and I fell into severe depression. I started to overeat and even was binge eating at night. I was 130 lbs and I am now 258 lbs. I walk my dog every day but I haven't changed my eating habits. I am in so much pain, physically and mentally. I have sores where my rolls are. Anyway, I decided today that no more BS I am getting in that mindset that I MUST GET BETTER FOR MY KIDS!!! Hoping that by being on these boards it will help with my motivation.

Thank you for reading and have an awesome day!
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Hey kiddos. 40 year old here. Back at it again. Haven't I already lost these 50 lbs twice before? yes, yes I have. Once more, with feeling!

Please add me. I love having friends to bond with.

:)B);)
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited May 2020
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    So...it snowed today!
    Covid....murder hornets and snow in mid May. Why not 2020 what else ya got?!?!?

Happy weekend everyone

I'm just keeping my head down and sincerely hoping there are no more big surprises in store for 2020.

It was looking to be an awesome year, business wise. Was. HAHA! :D

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Well it can still be a good year. It looks like we'll make it through this so really that's kinda awesome! It's amazing what has happened in the world the fact we can come out the other end is a feat in itself.
  • tallwillow2
    tallwillow2 Posts: 14 Member
    Feel free to add me, I'm 36 .. joining MFP again after a long hiatus! Would love to have some accountability buddies. Staying indoors hasn't really helped with my fitness goals, taking it one day at a time now.
  • beautifullxo
    beautifullxo Posts: 46 Member
    Is almost 30 in 6 months count ? No ok 😂
  • tallwillow2
    tallwillow2 Posts: 14 Member
    Sure why not.. Some of us are quite mature for our age after all :)
  • QueenOfVines
    QueenOfVines Posts: 50 Member
    hi, I'm 43, Add me as Friend!
  • MizRome
    MizRome Posts: 3 Member
    32 here! So NOT middle aged. But you can still feel free to add me. Today is day one for me of starting my new weight loss journey. I'm doing IF the 16:8 method along with tracking my calories.
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    44 and have trying to lose weight forever. I guess I'm a serial starter.
  • MegaScorpion
    MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
    Fresh 46 here. The only clothes I have that fit me anymore are a pair of leggings and my husband's t-shirt—not an exaggeration.

I've been eating everything I want and drinking as much as I want, and I'm tired of being miserable and ashamed. I just want to feel good again and feel like I LOOK good again!

Hang in there, you took the first step; acknowledged the situation and came here. 👏
  • MegaScorpion
    MegaScorpion Posts: 48 Member
    Is almost 30 in 6 months count ? No ok 😂

1...2...3...4....5.... hehe
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Happy Friday all!

I had a carpenter come around today. He's going to build a climbing wall for me in my garden. The delay is getting the plywood - it should all come together in about a week or so.
  • KY_Angler
    KY_Angler Posts: 61 Member
    Turned 40 last month (pandemic birthdays are not fun) and I'm trying to make a return to MFP and get my *kitten* in gear.

Happy Friday all!