Flavors of Childhood?

Replies

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Kiddie cocktails when we would go out to a nice restaurant for a special occasion. I remember feeling so adult!
    9pb94wzk91id.jpeg

I used to get those! We called them Shirley Temples

too funny...I use to do the same
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Home made burgers before the ready done ones you buy in supermarkets now.

Cut up potatoes to make fries or chips (whichever word you prefer), in the days before frozen packages in the supermarket.
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Everything my grandmom made, world’s most amazing cook!!!
    My mom’s wonderful cakes, breads she baked, sweet smell of cookies baking!

I miss mom, she’s so far away in India:((
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    vfsieycvac4e.jpeg
    These were my favorite they came in a microwave pouch!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    vfsieycvac4e.jpeg
    These were my favorite they came in a microwave pouch!

oh! That reminds me of otis spunkmeyer. WANT

i0u6tsss831e.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    mohsjdz87fz2.jpeg
    hiigfbszgg97.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    mohsjdz87fz2.jpeg
    hiigfbszgg97.jpeg

oh my.. yes. The ice breakers liquid ice. I remember Ashlee Simpson was in one of the commericals. Pretty sure I still have a couple of those pringle canisters
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    My mom's tuna noodle casserole. There are only 5 ingredients: egg noodles, canned mushrooms, canned tuna, can of cream of mushroom and shredded cheddar cheese. (yes, that's a lot of pantry going on.) Mix it together, bake it for 30 minutes and it's heaven. This would be my last meal on death row, if I had to choose one.

I've made it for my family and they turn up their noses. Good. More for me.

My all time favorite food! I make it with mozzarella and sometimes throw in broccoli or corn (my mom made it with peas, but I would pick them out). I could eat a whole pan, the best!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I know this has been posted before but Pizza Hut buffets bring me back because my mom would take me after every track meet. I could go for one right now. ugcb62bul7jk.jpeg
    u7soxo0r2w4n.jpeg
    Especially the dessert pizzas and salad bar. 0qskwm6jbr4b.jpeg
    yr5w3stjkcik.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    I know this has been posted before but Pizza Hut buffets bring me back because my mom would take me after every track meet. I could go for one right now. ugcb62bul7jk.jpeg
    u7soxo0r2w4n.jpeg
    Especially the dessert pizzas and salad bar. 0qskwm6jbr4b.jpeg
    yr5w3stjkcik.jpeg

YES! I can taste and smell it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Pizza Hut...we used to get coupons for a free personal pan pizza from some sort of school program. I'm trying to remember the details...I think it was a reading program? Like read a certain number of books and get the pizza coupon. That's the only time we would go to Pizza Hut...when we had those coupons.

Book It!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Pizza Hut...we used to get coupons for a free personal pan pizza from some sort of school program. I'm trying to remember the details...I think it was a reading program? Like read a certain number of books and get the pizza coupon. That's the only time we would go to Pizza Hut...when we had those coupons.

Book It!

Ha, yeah, that was it!
  • pancakerunner
    z9n9d2z8wwq8.jpg
    anything to add?

This is so incredibly and wonderfully 90s.

right?!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Saw they are bringing these back. I remember these! I remember trying a few times to pull the shapes out but it never worked well so I just ate them normally haha. I remember the tongue tattoo ones too! p92b37pjeddh.jpeg
    w6b4fe4fzfiv.jpeg
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    edited May 2020
    Mokshu (sp?), collard greens & black eye peas, red velvet cake, fried biscuits with butter & molasses, banana cream pie, etoufee, jambalaya, Spanish rice & beans, sweet cornbread in milk, Nutter-butters.
  • pancakerunner
    Saw they are bringing these back. I remember these! I remember trying a few times to pull the shapes out but it never worked well so I just ate them normally haha. I remember the tongue tattoo ones too! p92b37pjeddh.jpeg
    w6b4fe4fzfiv.jpeg

I had no idea that they even STOPPED making these. Do they still make fruit rollups too?
  • pancakerunner
    now they need to bring back the WHITE shark bites.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Kraft mac and cheese, the only kind my kids would eat when they were little. :/ I liked it too. :) Everything in the 90's collage was during my kids' childhoods. Awww, miss that time so much.
    And Frosted Mini Wheats; love those darn things!