Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Given that I've had TOM for 2 weeks (I'm in perimenopause, all things are possible) I'm not surprised that my weight is holding steady. We're going to be moving, though, in the next month or two, so I'll be getting in some extra activity. I actually can't wait to get a good offer on this house so that I can get on with packing it up!
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    I've been off a while, depression has been rough since I left school in March. I've been getting outside more and more and started working with my students again when my district started "distance learning" 3 weeks ago. I've gained 10 lbs back in the last month, but am on the way back down. Been outside for a walk every day this week, been logging my food (started a meal service every 2nd or 3rd week and the meals are all in MFP so that makes it easier).

Jan 1: 238.4
    Jan 29: 237.4
    Feb 26: 238.0
    March 26: 241.2
    April 30: 252.4
    May 15: 250.6

May 24th is my 1 year anniversary on MFP this round. I am down 22.6 lbs since then. My goal is 165, so I still have 85 lbs to go.
  • erobertson1023
    erobertson1023 Posts: 1 Member
    I came here to join you folks. I had to have an endoscopy on Monday and found out my weight is up to 295! I have never been this heavy in my life! Quarantine has made my life pretty sedentary and I hope to turn that around as I return to work next week and the warmer weather will allow me to exercise outside.

Starting Weight: 295.6
    Goal weight: 175
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,600 Member
    5/1-251.6
    5/8-253.2
    5/15-251.6
  • metonymicalinsanity
    metonymicalinsanity Posts: 80 Member
    I came here to join you folks. I had to have an endoscopy on Monday and found out my weight is up to 295! I have never been this heavy in my life! Quarantine has made my life pretty sedentary and I hope to turn that around as I return to work next week and the warmer weather will allow me to exercise outside.

Starting Weight: 295.6
    Goal weight: 175
    Welcome! Good luck, and we’re here to support and encourage you! I’ve only just started (re-started?) my goal of losing weight and the last two weeks have reminded me that yes if I apply myself and actually move more (little bit of walking and a plank challenge) and eat less (facilitated by actually tracking calories in MFP) then I can lose weight.
    So my first encouragement to you is: you can do it! Make some little goals for yourself too so you aren’t just waiting for age to reach that one big goal. For myself the challenge of walking 3 miles a day 5 times a week was a doable and short term goal that’s helped me kick my rear in gear. What’s your thing? Check in with us so we can help you think through challenges and difficulties and give you the support you need!

• metonymicalinsanity
    Jan starting weight: 239
    Jan ending weight: 228.5
    Feb ending weight: 219.6
    March ending weight: 215.1
    April ending weight: 205.2

May 7: 204.7
    May 14: 201.2 <= No longer obese!!!

The scale is finally moving a little more! And I had pizza and frozen custard this week-- along with lots of other sensible fruit & veggie-filled meals, of course. :D I'm still walking on my treadmill daily and I think seeing a bigger loss this week this week will help with maintaining my motivation. Have a good week! <3

Well done! I can’t wait to hit that “no longer obese” category. That’s the dream!

• VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member

Well done! I can’t wait to hit that “no longer obese” category. That’s the dream!

Thanks, @metonymicalinsanity ! Personally, I think getting started and developing an exercise habit during those first few months is the hardest part, so the fact that you're here speaks volumes. And if positive attitude counts for anything, I know you'll make it!

• VeggieMeg71
    Guess what y'all! Scale said 199.7 this morning, and I couldn't wait to tell you! Fingers crossed that I can keep it under 200! I'll let you know on Thursday (official weigh-in day) if it sticks!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    I’m a 40 y.o. admin worker. I love reading, biking and knitting lace socks. I have a little rescue Maltese dog I named Foggy. In the last year my marriage has gone downhill and my weight through the roof while I tried to cope. Now that my husband has moved out, and I’ve had a couple months to grieve the death of my dreams it’s time to pick up the pieces and move on. I would love to join your group for inspiration and mutual support. My starting weight is 212.6 pounds and my initial goal weight is160 pounds.
  • Mechdonna2
    Mechdonna2 Posts: 141 Member
    I am joining this challenge, although I can't believe I weigh over 200 lbs. I usuallly stayed around 190 in the last few years. There is something very sad about 200 lbs. It is a pivotal moment when you see that number or more on the scale.

I have RA and my meds are partly to blame for the gain. At times I have to use steroids. Luckily, I take the meds in a low dosage and short-term. I am 66 years old. I can usually ride my stationary bike and take long walks. Unfortunately, my indoor pool has been closed due to the virus. I was able to walk laps in the pool. I really miss those times.

• metonymicalinsanity

Thanks, @metonymicalinsanity ! Personally, I think getting started and developing an exercise habit during those first few months is the hardest part, so the fact that you're here speaks volumes. And if positive attitude counts for anything, I know you'll make it!
    Thanks! I’m not sure positive attitude counts much for me, as I had a very positive attitude all through gaining the 100+ pounds on the way up. But for me a good attitude mixed with hard work... now that’s the ticket!
    Guess what y'all! Scale said 199.7 this morning, and I couldn't wait to tell you! Fingers crossed that I can keep it under 200! I'll let you know on Thursday (official weigh-in day) if it sticks!
    Way to go!
    I’m a 40 y.o. admin worker. I love reading, biking and knitting lace socks. I have a little rescue Maltese dog I named Foggy. In the last year my marriage has gone downhill and my weight through the roof while I tried to cope. Now that my husband has moved out, and I’ve had a couple months to grieve the death of my dreams it’s time to pick up the pieces and move on. I would love to join your group for inspiration and mutual support. My starting weight is 212.6 pounds and my initial goal weight is160 pounds.
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about the lost relationship, but you’re absolutely on the right track to focus on personal improvement. It will make you feel so much better and just be so good for your health. Do you have any intermittent goals along the way to your ultimate goal?
    Mechdonna2 wrote: »
    I am joining this challenge, although I can't believe I weigh over 200 lbs. I usuallly stayed around 190 in the last few years. There is something very sad about 200 lbs. It is a pivotal moment when you see that number or more on the scale.

I have RA and my meds are partly to blame for the gain. At times I have to use steroids. Luckily, I take the meds in a low dosage and short-term. I am 66 years old. I can usually ride my stationary bike and take long walks. Unfortunately, my indoor pool has been closed due to the virus. I was able to walk laps in the pool. I really miss those times.
    Hi! I was swimming a bunch too!! I’m so sad the gym with my pool is closed. I’m really hopeful they’ll be able to open some time in the next month or so.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Well, I got through a couple days of eating out without blowing my calorie budget, but it was so salty that I can feel myself retaining water today. This too will pass, because I'm going to cook and eat my good low-salt food and drink a lot of water today. This really spurs me to make sure that I can cook for us even if we are renovating the kitchen while we live in the house, because I don't want to eat out on a regular basis.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Well, I got through a couple days of eating out without blowing my calorie budget, but it was so salty that I can feel myself retaining water today. This too will pass, because I'm going to cook and eat my good low-salt food and drink a lot of water today. This really spurs me to make sure that I can cook for us even if we are renovating the kitchen while we live in the house, because I don't want to eat out on a regular basis.

Congrats for staying within your calorie goals! It's tough eating out. And you're totally right about the sodium! At least you know the water weight is temporary. I know you probably wouldn't want them ALL of the time, but salads and sandwiches might be the easiest while you're without a kitchen.

• Mithridites
    Welcome! Sorry to hear about the lost relationship, but you’re absolutely on the right track to focus on personal improvement. It will make you feel so much better and just be so good for your health. Do you have any intermittent goals along the way to your ultimate goal?
    Thanks @metonymicalinsanity , your question has helped me zero in on the need to plan my journey. I’ve set MFP to one pound per week to start with, to try and ease back in. However, as I weigh everything to a gram, end my days under calories and do a HIIT workout almost every day, I may exceed that rate on the way down to 200 lbs.
    At that point I will reward myself with either a fancy wifi scale or workout equipment. Then at 180 lbs I will take a diet break, eating at maintenance and still logging. Not sure yet of the duration - suggestions welcome. I’m not certain at which point to switch my workouts up to recomp, at 180 lbs or at 160 lbs. I’m 5’4.5” tall and I would like a good esthetic outcome. I would be grateful for any help / support / constructive criticism while I flesh out this plan and stick to it so in 52 weeks I feel and look like myself again.
  • metonymicalinsanity
    @Mithridites you’re welcome! I know it works better for me when I have a clear plan. But honestly I’m still at the start of my journey so I’m probably not the best one to give advice about what works. I’ll be here for encouragement though! I’m doing my weekly updates here on Tuesday, just to keep it simple for me.
  • Mithridites
    LW 200.5
    As of May 13th had to do early because I was not near internet till now. 199.5. I hope to be the same or not gain too much. Not at home so it was harder. I did break the 200 barrier.YAY

Congrats on reaching Onederland :smile:
  • angeloup50
    angeloup50 Posts: 54 Member
    Weigh in
    5/5/20.   195.6
    5/12/20.  195.3
    5/19/20.  195.0
    5/26/20

Creeping along like an inchworm here!
  • metonymicalinsanity

May 5: 312
    May 12: 310.4
    May 19: 306

Moving along. I had to take a break from walking for a few days because my hamstring was a bit tight. But got back on it yesterday and I seem to be making progress. Can’t wait to hit the 200s!