Recipe Builder for homemade Greek yogurt

Options
PeskariaTorment
PeskariaTorment Posts: 5 Member
I’m having a hard time figuring out how to account for the loss of whey after straining my yogurt within the recipe builder. I use 2-56oz containers of whole FairLife milk & 2Tbsp of fage Greek yogurt for starter. It’s easy enough to enter those 2 products into the builder, and after straining I have about 3C of whey, and end up with 17-18 6oz jars of yogurt. The whey isn’t just water, and some calorie loss does occur along with some other nutrients. I just can’t wrap my head around how I’m supposed to deduct the whey values from my recipe in the builder. Can anyone help??

Replies

• PeskariaTorment
    PeskariaTorment Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok well after some thought here’s what I did:

Each FairLife is 56oz for a total of 112oz. After incubating, setting up in fridge, and straining I was left with 22oz of whey and got 15-6oz servings of yogurt out of my batch. The total for the finished yogurt is 90oz. I went back into the builder and edited the FairLife ingredient for 45oz per container (I’d used 1 whole and 1 2%) and the total servings to 15. Not sure if this is completely accurate mathematically, but makes sense in my head 🤣
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    7zzcadmptyxw.png
  • LukesGreenMilk
    LukesGreenMilk Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Dang we doin science experiments over here!