NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @mswatston0777 what is your new job?

@trooworld rubber bins are great, I have some from rubbermaid, I always mean to get more but I never do. I got mine at walmart I think. Making curtains sound ambitious! It sounds like you might end up with a pretty nice room.

So here is my project: I never wash my walls (they're painted) and I want to give it a try, just where there seems like the odd spot. But I rent this place and so it's the standard paint and I'm afraid it will come off. I painted an apt once and used the glossy paint that would wash well. This is just cheap stuff. I was thinking someday I should have painters come and redo it, but I never get around to it. I think bc I live alone I just put up with things.

@TeresaW1020 Well in spite of the mask Ihope your mom likes her doctor. My uncle has lung cancer but he has been doing fairly well with treatments. And ouch with the shingles vaccine! Too bad he is sick, but I heard shingles was really really painful.

My weight- I'm hoping it will be down a bit tomorrow.

My bike comes Monday and my gym might open only for personal training in June. I am really hoping so.

It's a long weekend here and I'm not sure what to do with myself. Most places are still closed. I can walk about 2km x2 each day. I'm also watching too much tv lol. I was thinking of doing some cooking or baking just to pass the time.

My work stuff I think is sorted out. I have assignments booked until spring 2021 so I feel pretty good about that.

Take care all.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @trooworld, fortunately DH was feeling much better yesterday from the shot. Yes, we will do better with our diet this week! I’m starting to feel guilty that I joined WW and really haven’t been sticking to my points which was the purpose of joining. That needs to stop! ;)

@its_cleo, my mom loved her new doctor so that is great. I’m sure you are excited to get your new bike and the possibility that you will be able to get back in the gym. Is your area starting to open up more and more? I think people are seriously over this and it’s time to get on with life, which will always have risk. :/

Good morning! Well, today is the 10th week where I will be watching my pastor online instead of being in church. And another 5 weeks to go before we can walk into our church and see our friends. We have a Zoom fellowship tonight being hosted by one of our members. I sure hope it’s not as boring as our Wed. night Zoom has been. I told my pastor that I’m only doing these Zoom meetings because I consider it part of my job. He said he is only doing them because he is the pastor. :grin: I think DH and I are going to get out for a while today and grab an iced coffee and take a drive. I hope you all have a good day! <3
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hello, everyone! Hello, lurkers! It's weird not to have to do meal prep on Sundays. It's nice! I don't have much planned for today, just a walk with the dog and the husband.

@its_cleo Yeah the ones I got are huge, 112 quarts, the biggest I could find. I had to get them on Amazon. I had to get them so big because I'm putting my Christmas Village boxes in them. Yes, the curtains are very ambitious, maybe too ambitious, but they are going to be very simple curtains held in place with velcro so hopefully it will be kind of simple. That's a nice project you have for yourself. I'm glad your uncle is doing fairly well. That's good news about your bike and your gym.

@TeresaW1020 That's great that your DH is feeling better! Yes, we have to do better with the diet: last night, I had acid reflux in the middle of the night and felt horrible! I hear you about feeling guilty. Have a great day, enjoy your worship and your iced coffee/drive!

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @renaegry Nice bike. I love the color.

@trooworld Sounds like you have been very productive while I've been away. Do I need to go away more often? lol Purple sounds pretty. What kind of progress have you made with your health goals?

@teresaw1020 So now is the time to get your act together and make some progress. Can you tell my new word for the week is PROGRESS? lol I have one episode of Justified left. Series finale. Can't wait. Then I'm moving on to Deadwood. I told dh I'm not ready to give Raylan up yet. I said it was his grandpappy. lol How is dh? Hope everything turns out okay with mom's testing. I know she probably hates the mask but with her preconditions it's probably better. Although she may have a harder time breathing in it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @its_cleo find another hobby other than baking to pass the time. Believe me! Almost time for your bike to arrive. Remember your trainer said work is hard. In my book today it said work is required. Suffering is optional. It's a really good book to make you think.

@teresaw1020 Oh I'm glad dh is feeling better. I think there is risk in life and then there is RISK. lol I'm getting there but not yet ready to go out. I'm still coughing from the last bout of illness from January. So how can you make these Zoom meetings more fun. That would be my first thing.

@trooworld My reflux has revisited me too lately. Time to turn this around. I've been maintaining within 2 lbs which was my goal for May. I've stopped the slow gain. That was killing me. Soon I will be headed back to Loserville. come join me.

Yellow Day Went over 233/200 Exercise 20 min. walking

May goals: Green dot day :( Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise :(
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, ugghh I hope you are feeling better today! So now that you have gotten the Black Hole organized have you started turning it into your meditation space?

@theslightedgeforever, we had a Zoom meeting last night that was just for fellowship and it was so much better and fun compared to our Wed. night Bible study where we just sit and basically listen to a lecture with a PowerPoint slide for an hour. We have two more of those and then Pastor is taking over the Wednesday. Thank God!!! :grin: I hear you that you have to feel comfortable about going out and about. I did order a couple more masks that are super lightweight and don't fog up my glasses.

Good morning! I'm about to go and knock out my workout. Today starts week 4 of Barre Blend, which means I'm halfway through the program and I'm still loving it. After my workout, I'm heading over to Walmart for the weekly groceries. Then for lunch, I'm meeting my dear friend at an actual sit down restaurant. I'm soooo excited!! This place has an awesome spinach salad with grilled salmon that is calling my name. :)
  • trooworld
    Hello all! I started out yesterday with a treat: my sister-in-law is training to be a Kundalini yoga instructor and she needed me to be her guinea pig and do a zoom yoga private class with her. It was an hour-long and was a nice way to start the day. Actually, I started the day by taking the dog for a walk with my husband, but then came home and did the yoga class. I was pretty sore all day. I haven't done that much yoga for a while and am quite out of shape.

@theslightedgeforever Ah so there you are! Nice to see you. :) Yes, I have been. No, you don't!!! Definitely not. I don't like it when you aren't here lol. I really can't wait to get those curtains put up. I did the yoga class in that room and it was NOT a zen-like room to do yoga in with all the clutter surrounding me lol. As far as my health goals go, I've been tracking every day so that is good. I've been struggling with water and mostly doing exercise 3 times a week. So, I'd say I'm doing pretty good on the goals. How about you? I'm sorry your reflux has come back, too. That's good you stopped the gain, that's a step in the right direction. I will join you!

@TeresaW1020 Funny that you should ask...I did the yoga zoom class in the room yesterday morning! :) It wasn't the most serene place to do it with shelves of clutter surrounding me, but it was a quiet room I could shut the door and the dog couldn't get in and the husband couldn't bother me lol. Now, the fabric just needs to come so I can sew the curtains! How wonderful to be able to go to a restaurant! Enjoy.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 I am excited to get my bike if it ever comes lol. It was supposed to come today but they were supposed to contact me to sort out a delivery time and I haven't heard from them. So I am kind of annoyed tbh. I see my trainer via zoom today, so that will maybe help me to move some energy.

@theslightedgeforever you are ahead of me on Justified now! Don't spoil me. I took a break and decided to rewatch Luther and then the final season which is new. ...Baking- yeah well I don't have any flour or sugar so I would have to go get some lol. And so far I haven't. I know you're right though, it would just end with me eating everything. Although I freeze a lot, so that helps to prevent over indulging!

@trooworld being a yoga guinea pig sounds cool. I mean I hate yoga lol but if you like it, sounds fun. I do think it can be a tough workout. One of the reasons I don't like it is I'm terrible at it lol.

Well I;m in a grump mood today. Waiting for the bike and then with my tendon I was walking a bit every day but it's two steps forward and one back. Literally. It's also cold and rainy here today.

Yesterday though I went to our waterfront for part of my daily walk, it was nice to see a change of scenery, sun shining etc.

I tried to wash my walls but it doesn't work. I would need to repaint. Or move. I started looking at condos, seeing if prices are down bc of the pandemic. Not seriously looking, just checking it out.

Take care all.
  • Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    @its_cleo that’s my house too, I don’t have flour or sugar in it. Tbh, don’t miss it.
    Condos huh, what state do you live in?

@trooworld water Intake is a golden key. I always have noticed when I force myself to do an extra 1 or 2 bottles, my weight and hunger-cravings diminishes. And when I skip or am low, cravings are intense.

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    I’m feeling good and in the zone I guess. I didn’t think my weight would be down but tried the scale anyway. Wouldn't ya know, it matched last weigh in and was down another .2. I stepped on and off about 7 times. Once it read 102.8 but, I figured that was a Fluke.

So, officially....April 30th = 104.8. And May 18= 103.4 .... now, to keep that May pound off the rest of the month.

My Biggest changes since Feb:
    1) water intake ⬆️
    2) walking ⬆️
    3) veggies ⬆️
    4) tracking 80% of the time.
  • its_cleo
    @Shexio I'm in a state of boredom right now :D

Actually I'm Canadian. I live in Ontario.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. Been a rough weekend. Lol. Hubby goes back to work today. Back to eating better and exercising.

Will try to stay up in the post this week. But have a busy week coming up
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Good for you for getting in the workout. I hope you enjoyed your lunch out.

@trooworld Good for you for getting in the yoga. so how about work on the water this week. I'll be working on exercising.

@its_cleo Did your bike arrive? Your walk sounded fun. Just nice to get out. State of boredom. :D

@shexio You have made such great progress. Keep at it.

@renaegry You always do better when hubby is gone. lol Me too. As long as you are making progress it doesn't matter how you get there.

Green Day Stayed OP 231/238 Exercise Free Day

May goals: Green Dot Day o:) Water-4.5 glasses :| Burn 200 calories via exercise
  • trooworld
    Hello all. We had a nice salad last night for dinner, it was delicious. We added grilled chicken breast to it. Summer Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado: https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/strawberry-spinach-salad/

@its_cleo I do like yoga so it was fun! Plus, it was bonding time with my sister-in-law, which I don't get a lot of so that's a bonus. :) Sorry about your grump mood, hopefully getting your bike will improve it. That's a good idea to look at condos. I don't regret buying ours at all.

@Shexio Interesting. Yeah, I definitely need to bump up my water. Congrats on the weight being down! :D

@theslightedgeforever Sounds like a plan. What are you going to do for exercise?

COMMITTED.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Morning all, I know I have been missing. Life seems to overtake my goals. I am now 5 lbs from where I was in June of last year when I felt miserable. So I can't let it get any higher like my sister and TeresaW1020 say...it's TIME
    I have not walked on the treadmill in forever. However good news is I made a rub for "growing pains" and found a couple of different oils I have been diffusing at night in babys room..she has slept for a straight 8 hours the last 3 nights!!! YEA now other things wake me up, but at least I am not rocking for an hour..LOL

@trooworld You meal sounds great! Glad you got to do the yoga, sounds fun. My neice has youtube site, but I haven't tried it yet...I just found out she was doing it.

@Shexio great job on the weight loss...

@its_cleo I hope your bike gets here today..or maybe it came yesterday and you drooled over it all night..LOL

@TeresaW1020 I have been in that place where you are doing it for the job..not a good one. I hope it changes quickly..LOL

@theslightedgeforever sounds like your back!!!!

Okay gotta run..

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I love strawberry and spinach together. I'm doing two things for exercise. Walking outside around my house and then those Gina B. youtube videos.

@cbabie That's good you found something to get more sleep. So it's time to do something. What will that something be this week for you?

Yellow Day-Went Over 265/200 Exercise- 20 min walking

May goals: Green Dot day :( Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise :(
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, that salad looks soooo good! It has been bookmarked. ;)

@cbabie, that is great that you have been able to get baby to sleep through the night! Now, what is it going to take for you to get back on your treadmill? :)

@its_cleo, Yikes that isn’t good if you can’t wash your walls for fear of having to repaint. You know if you repaint it yourself it could be a good distraction and count as exercise. I love to paint! Of course moving could be a fun distraction too! :D

Good morning! Yesterday was my DH’s birthday and we had so much fun. We ended up going downtown to the jewelry store and talked to a sweet lady about making a new ring out of his mother’s opal ring. We designed something that I think it going to be beautiful and I can’t wait to get it on my finger! Hubby and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and had steaks. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and Lowes in search of a plastic box for his grill utensils. We ended his birthday at Bruster’s Ice Cream where we sat outside and enjoyed Turtle sundaes. It was soooo great to be out and about together. I’m sure my weight is up but it was worth it. I am back on plan today and going into workout now. :grin:
  • trooworld
    Hello all. I need to look back at my week this week and see where I went wrong. Once again, I'm sitting at 0 weekly points remaining and my week doesn't start over until Saturday. :/ I think if I have time, I'm going to look over my tracker today and see. I was doing so well. What happened???

@cbabie That's great that the baby is sleeping better, yay for essential oils and grandma!!! Yeah, that salad was really good. :)

@theslightedgeforever I do, too. We didn't have spinach this time so we used mixed greens but it still was really good. That's a good mix of things for exercise, go you!

@TeresaW1020 It is a nice summery salad. I hope you like it! It sounds like you had a wonderful day for your husband's birthday. That's priceless and worth it for sure. <3

COMMITTED.
  • trooworld
    I get 25 points daily.

Saturday went over by 17 pts. Lunch was a little point heavy, but dinner was what was really heavy (it was a fried green tomato sandwich with bacon- 17 pts). Plus, I had an oz of cashews as a snack 5 pts plus 2 wine spritzers 7 pts.

Sunday we had kind of a point-heavy lunch (13 pts) and got takeout poke bowls for dinner (14 pts). Plus I had 2 spritzers and peanuts (11 pts). I also had a smoothie that had a scoop of protein powder for 3 pts in the morning.

Monday for lunch was bad: 17 pts...baked artichokes with olive oil, crispy air fryer eggplant parmesan, and the brownie brittle I had was 6 pts on its own! :( The Strawberry Spinach Salad that I told you guys about we had for dinner was 12 pts. I had 2 spritzers for 7 pts. I also had a smoothie that had a scoop of protein powder for 3 pts in the morning.

Yesterday, the salad for lunch was 12 pts, dinner was a modest 8 pts, and I had 2 spritzers for 7 pts. I also had a smoothie that had a scoop of protein powder for 3 pts in the morning.

So that brings me to -0- weekly remaining. It's not like I was eating junk. I had a few indulgences. I think I need to plan better...

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    I'm a bit swamped but wanted to pop in to say I got the bike but unfortunately it's a bad fit. I rode yesterday for about 30 mins and my neck seized up, I still haven't recovered.

I knew it was a big risk buying online but I didn't have a choice.

Fortunately if they can't refit it/ adjust it I can return it, it's all just a hassle.

I'm disappointed and I still can't walk very far, but I tried.