Iron

lhodgso1
lhodgso1 Posts: 1 Member
Hello

I am hoping someone can help me to gain a better understanding of the nutritional tracking, particularly iron.

Iron is simply stated as a % ... I regularly track at 10% ... but what does this mean?

Government website suggest 8.7mg but I have no clue how this relates to the tracking.

My other nutritional goals are being achieved e.g. Vit A, Vit C

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thank you, Liz

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Keep in mind that a good many entries are user entered. If users don't enter all the micro-nutrients, they are not being credited to you. Double check entries before assuming you aren't getting iron.

Unless you are anemic and your doctor prescribes iron, Do NOT take a stand alone iron supplement. Multivitamins that do contain iron: 1) do not contain 100% RDA and 2) have a child proof cap.

A test they give when you donate blood, can tell you if there is an issue. Your hematocrit level should be in the normal range.
  • ali_kat4
    ali_kat4 Posts: 70 Member
    I was coming on here to ask this exact question so thank you for asking and for answering.

I keep worrying that i'm not getting enough iron even though i'm trying to eat iron rich foods. I used to have iron issues but haven't in a long while but i was trying to be proactive. I guess I'll just keeping eating those iron rich foods and trust that i'm doing it ok for now unless I feel there's a problem.

Anywho... thanks again and good luck to the both of you in with your nutritional goals :)