Searching for accountability friends

I'm 51 and have about 80-95 pounds to lose. I know it will be a journey and am looking for friends that are on a similar path that are interested in helping each other stay positive and on track.

Replies

• perring444
    perring444 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm 48 and have 15kgs (33pounds) to lose. I live in Australia and Im eating 1200 Calories per day. How many calories have you decided on? Sally. :)
  • nmuller4739
    nmuller4739 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Sally, I'm doing 1270 calories. I'm hoping to lose about 2 pounds a week, but the main goal is to stick to calorie count and to start 1/2 hour walk per day. Nancy
  • nmuller4739
    nmuller4739 Posts: 8 Member
    Sally, what is your biggest challenge? And have you been on a weight loss journey before?
  • GillyY28
    GillyY28 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I am 61 and it looks as if we're heading in the same direction. I have a lot to lose but don't know exactly how much yet. I am just restarting after 6 years, I did reach my ideal, but now I'm here again.
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Hi. I am 44 and need to lose about 70 to 80 pounds. I have been overweight my entire life and I have to do this or I am going to end up like my parents!!!! They are sick with diabetes and can't hardly move around. I joined a gym today that does circuit training. I hope with my diet and this extra exercise I can lose it by my 45th birthday in September. Let's encourage each other.
  • raymondvalles37
    raymondvalles37 Posts: 2 Member
    The hardest thing is getting to the gym. Half the battle is showing up. You got this !
  • hogedaira
    hogedaira Posts: 4 Member
    Hi I'm 35 and I try to lose 15kgs (33pounds) . I need friends to keep on diet.
    Can I add you my friend?
    (sorry my English is bad :s I am Japanese..)
  • ggrady3
    ggrady3 Posts: 15 Member

Hello,
    My goal is 1200 calories a day, exercise 5 - 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes, and I have over 35 pounds to lose. I gained weight about 3 or 4 weeks after the stay at home orders (pandemic). I am working from home, and started eating more even when I am not hungry (this is my biggest struggle).

GG
  • faithwalton2016
    faithwalton2016 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hi my name is Faith. I'm from NY. I have about 100 lbs. to lose total, but I'm trying to take it in increments and focus on losing 10 lbs at a time. Calorie counting worked for me in the last, along with a community of folks who were on the same health journey as me. I successfully lost about 35 lbs that time, then I got lazy and gained the weight back slowly. I have tried different diets since but have decided to go back to what originally worked for me. I need encouragement and support because I'm the only one bekng health conscious in my family at the moment and need to stay strong despite temptation in the house. Would love some friends on this thing. I'd love to add you at the same time!
  • faithwalton2016
    faithwalton2016 Posts: 3 Member
    ggrady3 wrote: »
    Hello,
    My goal is 1200 calories a day, exercise 5 - 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes, and I have over 35 pounds to lose. I gained weight about 3 or 4 weeks after the stay at home orders (pandemic). I am working from home, and started eating more even when I am not hungry (this is my biggest struggle).

GG

You can do it! I've been doing a lot of YouTube videos. One thing I like is LWR fitness videos. They're 7 minutes so you can do them in increments if you can do a straight 30 minutes some days. Sometimes I do Just Dance, the dance game Lol its fun, that's on Youtube too. I think keeping busy with things you LOVE, not just work, will help you a lot.
    Faith
  • ggrady3
    Yes, I would not mind having accountability partner
  • richardbrownuk1
    richardbrownuk1 Posts: 6 Member
    as Nancy Nmuller4739 says, start with a half hour walk, but I suggest you gradually increase it to an hour or more. Twice as much walking should burn twice as many calories, and walking in the 'fat burn' exercise zone, assuming it's not a 'stroll' nor a 'race-walk'.
  • ggrady3
    I am usually good about exercising. I got off course after 3 weeks of the stay home order. I did not exercise and I haven’t been able to control my eating. Eating happens after I have sat 2 or 3 hours straight (teaching virtually). I am getting better at exercising but it is a struggle.
  • ErinMarie122816
    ErinMarie122816 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi
    My name is Erin I joined my fitness pal app the other day. I live in Southern California in a town call Riverside. I am 37 years old. My starting weight was 159lbs. My goal is to lose
    1 pound a week. My target weight goal is 130. Let’s connect.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Hi all, I’m 56 and have 62 pounds left to lose.
    I could use a few accountability friends.
  • cflec1
    cflec1 Posts: 60 Member
    Would like to be friends. 60 years old. Need to lose 60 pounds also
  • ggrady3
    Today, I felt better at walk/run.
  • FitErian2009
    FitErian2009 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I don't mind being an accountability partner. I have been using MFP for years...starting right after college in my early 20s. Lost 20 pounds with healthy diet & exercise. I am currently in prep for a bodybuilding competition so my calories and macros are being controlled by my coach. But an accountability partner would be good so I can. stay on track & be stage ready by September. Feel free to add me everyone!