Snack ideas

riches41
riches41 Posts: 127 Member
Hi
I'm Currently looking for snack ideas I love sweets but I need a substitute can anyone help with snack ideas and recipes
Thanks

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    If your eating and meeting your macro goals, then it's fine to eat sweets, but if not, look at where you're lacking, if you arent hitting protein and fat goals, eat some high protein foods, like deli meats or cottage cheese, greek yogurt, etc, fats? Same thing, avocado, cheese.. anything with a higher fat content.

Snacks can be anything you want.
    But if your goals are met, eat some sweets
  • lawright1125
    lawright1125 Posts: 9 Member
    My goto healthy high protein low carb snacks are either peanut butter on apple or celery, seed mix cooked in coconut oil with either paprika or Cajun ground spices, biltong, eggs, Greek yogurt, dark chocolate but I find if I’ve got it in the house I will end up eating all of it very quickly, also cheese, ultimately getting off that sugar train is the hardest thing, good luck
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    If you're into savory, then perhaps jerky. I just ate a whole bag as a snack...again 😬
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am eating raspberries and blackberries. Raspberries are like 1 calorie each. 43 and 62 calories per cup, respectively. Same for blackberries. An 8 oz container varies from 3 for $5 to $299 each at Midwest Kroger. If they are not as sweet as they should be, a tsp of honey drizzled on is 20 calories.

A long way from that 2.6 oz Hershey bar.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited May 2020
    My first thought was the same as Kriss’, namely, what macros do you need? My meals tend to be low fat, so I depend on higher fat snacks like nuts & cheese. If you have hit you protein & fat minimums, choose what is most satisfying to you. Is hunger an issue? If so, go for fiber, fat and protein snacks. They keep me full the longest. If hunger isn’t really an issue, enjoy the sweets.

ETA Try searching “fat bombs” for snack recipe ideas. They’re usually sweet and, if you use artificial sweetener, low carb. I make an almond ricotta cake kind of like this: https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/keto-almond-ricotta-cake
    Happy snacking!
  • diliveslife
    diliveslife Posts: 42 Member
    I have a sweet tooth too and ALWAYS have on hand the caramel rice cakes and apple cinnamon rice cakes. They are a sweet treat alone but I love to top them with PB powder or a little almond butter, or sugar free jam and berries. Or all of the above! I also love berries (all kinds) with cool whip. Sugar free jello or pudding with cool whip. I like the pre-made kind bc I am lazy and they are easy to pack to go or take on the road. Usually 60 calories and fix the sweet craving without exhausting a ton of calories. "REDCON" brand protein powders all cater to the sweet tooth. I love their blueberry cobbler MRE light protein powder and apple pie flavor. I put a scoop in my oatmeal in the morning and it tastes like dessert while helping keep my protein/fiber and satiety in check. I also use it to make regular shakes with light almond milk, protein pancakes or cookies- etc.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    A friend of mine just got me into using a TBS of nut butter (I use sunbutter) with 1 TBS of chocolate chips for a quick, filling and sweet snack that’s packed with protein and healthy fat.
  • procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    Cool whip (I use the lite when I need lower calorie) mixed with chocolate PB2.

Baked apples with a dash of cinnamon and sugar.

Enlightened ice cream.

All of the above are pretty good on calories (depending on how much you have) and satisfy the sweet tooth. And are delicious!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Smoothie

Pudding mixed with Greek yogurt or Kefir instead of milk. Kefir is “frothier”, yogurt is more mousse-like.

Bog standard box of cake mix, mixed with ONLY a cup of (any fat content) Greek yogurt or kefir and 1/2 - 1 cup of water and baked per package instructions (any flavor seems to work, but chocolate fudge and carrot have been the favorites so far). Texture of cake will be similar to bars or brownies, and very very moist.

Fruit and cottage cheese, a dash of flavored vinegar and a small spoonful of grape nuts

Homemade beef jerky (sometimes I make sweet, sometimes savory)

Today was an apple with a spoonful of homemade caramel (pour a can of sweetened condensed milk into a bowl, put that bowl in a pie plate with an inch or so of water and bake for one hour or so at 375, til golden brown on top- will make a lot of caramel)

Homemade berry pies or cobblers are surprisingly low calorie, especially if you halve the topping or use only the top pie crust