What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2020
    milk drops!
    ?????? Explain?

I’m wondering if it’s like honey crystals? I just discovered these

A teaspoon takes any dessert to new heights. There’s spicy ginger honey crystals , too.

fppn1ycxz3i0.jpg

Omg I need the cotton candy. I want to use it in pudding, yogurt, protein fluff, protein ice cream, baked goods, etc! I’ve never seen these, ill have to find what stores sell them by me.

What stores do you find them in? They don't have a store locator. :( Cotton candy is sold out on their website too.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Pistachios. I have a pretty serious pistachio problem :P
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    33Freya wrote: »

Ohhh same
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Blue cheese... love it
  • laurahalford52
    laurahalford52 Posts: 14 Member
    Cherry tomato's and overnight oats (not together obviously)
  • SeaBreeze4
    SeaBreeze4 Posts: 8 Member
    Red bell peppers. 3x as much vitamin C as an orange!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2020

Pistachios are my favorite nut. I always say they are so underused in products. I wish more companies made pistachio flavored products. Like pistachio cereal, pistachio waffles, pistachio milk(had this a few times it’s incredible but hard to find), pistachio clif bar, pistachio nature valley crunchy bar, pistachio quest bar, pistachio pop tart, chocolate covered pistachio pretzel clif mojo bar, etc.

Clif discontinued my absolute favorite clif bars (clif mojo) and I am so sad. All my favorite bars are discontinued I must have weird taste buds that I like the unpopular items. Last time it was Luna fiber bars, gosh I miss those.
    !
    Been obsessed with these pretzels, they are soooo good!ye7frhvr8x98.jpeg
    pzrthvdibsjl.jpeg
  • pancakerunner

Pistachios are my favorite nut. I always say they are so underused in products. I wish more companies made pistachio flavored products. Like pistachio cereal, pistachio waffles, pistachio milk(had this a few times it’s incredible but hard to find), pistachio clif bar, pistachio nature valley crunchy bar, pistachio quest bar, pistachio pop tart, chocolate covered pistachio pretzel clif mojo bar, etc.

Clif discontinued my absolute favorite clif bars (clif mojo) and I am so sad. All my favorite bars are discontinued I must have weird taste buds that I like the unpopular items. Last time it was Luna fiber bars, gosh I miss those.
    !
    Been obsessed with these pretzels, they are soooo good!ye7frhvr8x98.jpeg
    pzrthvdibsjl.jpeg

not sure if this is any consolation, but found these online @Noreenmarie1234

h7tgmjao1gn4.png
    https://www.koshervitamins.com/shop/stores_app/Browse_Item_Details.asp?Item_ID=24569#sec_tabbed_desc
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Plantains :) gotta limit myself to 2 at the store so I can get other micronutrients
  • pancakerunner
    alexmose wrote: »
    Plantains :) gotta limit myself to 2 at the store so I can get other micronutrients

fried in coconut oil. superb
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Sliced, boiled, smashed then fried in coconut oil :)

They were not so good baked tbh unless you’re going for chips
  • pancakerunner

Sliced, boiled, smashed then fried in coconut oil :)

yes
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Obsessed? No.

Dedicated to trying/forcing the issue? Closer

Beans and legumes (for example, lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, etc).

Like beyond chili, hummus or steaming sugar snap peas. Up until last week, those were the three usual ways I'd ever eat beans, if at all.
  • Catwoman50AS
    Catwoman50AS Posts: 2 Member
    I'm in love with blackberries and whip cream
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Sooooooooooooo good. Soooooooooooooo many uses.

5e013f613761e572643d0c23_dld-00852955007067-glamor-frontpackageglamor-2019-12-05t16-40-55-iphone-7-quality-90-1-18-1-user-5c4f16e4fc9c91accd101ce4-p5su-039834-1577140065283.jpg

Ugggh, agreed! It's so good that my colleague and I have been comparing brands and recipes (like virtual wine tastings lol).

Generally, I like it best on baguette with cheese though. 😋
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    1. Pickles - they have so few calories, but they really elevate a home cooked burger.

2. Eggs - they're good for you and I love them (such a rare combination in food). I'm a little obsessed with poached eggs at the moment and have to make sure I don't go crazy with the quantity.
  • pancakerunner
    1. Pickles - they have so few calories, but they really elevate a home cooked burger.

2. Eggs - they're good for you and I love them (such a rare combination in food). I'm a little obsessed with poached eggs at the moment and have to make sure I don't go crazy with the quantity.

Re: pickles. depends on the kind.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2020
    MaltedTea wrote: »

Generally, I like it best on baguette with cheese though. 😋

It's amazing on roasted potatoes too.

• thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member

Re: pickles. depends on the kind.

a1xphub57zbg.jpg