Tracking Keto newbie

Options
Hi! I’m on a new journey with my health. Started Keto 3 weeks ago. I’ve been tracking my food intake for the past 3 days. I feel like this time around with keto, I’m doing something wrong. Is there a way that I can track my net carbs on this app? Is the regular carbs tracked the same as net carbs? Please help. I’m lost and I want to do this right. Thank you

Replies

• carlsberglewis1
    carlsberglewis1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Minus fibre from carb intake.
    Ie
    Carbs 24g
    Fibre 11g
    Your net carbs 13g.

If you're eating the correct foods to be on a proper keto diet this should never be a problem
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Is the regular carbs tracked the same as net carbs? Please help. I’m lost and I want to do this right. Thank you

It depends on where you live and the entries you choose.

If in the US or Canada, food labels and gov't supplied information (such as the USDA entries for whole foods that exist within MFP once you learn to find them) are NOT net carb. If you are logging with those, track your fiber too, and subtract it for net carbs.

If you are many or most other places in the world, your food labels and gov't supplied information will already be NET carbs, and therefore subtracting fiber would undercount carbs significantly. There also are user-created net carb entries in the database, and so you need to check. You can also create your own, although they should be clearly labeled and ideally kept private.