Today I am proud of myself because...

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I walked away instead of engaging in a heated political debate.

I win at life today! 😏

Hey, you might be sarcastic about this, but I consider that quite an accomplishment! It is *so* hard to just walk away from someone trying to start political *kitten* with you and thinking they're always right.

So kudos!
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    edited May 2020

I win at life today! 😏

Hey, you might be sarcastic about this, but I consider that quite an accomplishment! It is *so* hard to just walk away from someone trying to start political *kitten* with you and thinking they're always right.

So kudos!

Nope, not sarcastic at all. :)

The notion behind majority of political debates is that they want to change your mind. Or they want to argue to win, then they feel like they succeeded at changing your mind.

It's all pointless. At the end of the day I'll stay true to my own beliefs, not conform to someone else's because they think they're right and I'm wrong.

BTW, thanks!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I’m proud of the major lifestyle changes I’ve made since being diagnosed with T2 Diabetes back in November. Just got my blood work back, am officially in non diabetic a1c, down 60 lbs, and haven’t had a cigarette in 4 months cold turkey. Going to start increasing calories and start working out again, super excited right now

Verrrrry nice effort.

Keep up the good work!

..... don't get cocky
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I win at life today! 😏

So kudos!

Nope, not sarcastic at all. :)

The notion behind majority of political debates is that they want to change your mind. Or they want to argue to win, then they feel like they succeeded at changing your mind.

It's all pointless. At the end of the day I'll stay true to my own beliefs, not conform to someone else's because they think they're right and I'm wrong.

BTW, thanks!

I haven't run into anyone trying to legitimately change my mind (I would welcome actual polite dialogue toward that end). All of it has been that second category; the need to argue and desire to "win".

You don't win if I do things out of spite because you annoyed me. Silly people.

Still, kudos to you for not slugging your 82 year old client! :lol: I don't know if I have the fortitude to do that.
  • Motorsheen
    another day....

still nuthin'
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I’m proud of the major lifestyle changes I’ve made since being diagnosed with T2 Diabetes back in November. Just got my blood work back, am officially in non diabetic a1c, down 60 lbs, and haven’t had a cigarette in 4 months cold turkey. Going to start increasing calories and start working out again, super excited right now

We'll done 👏
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    I'm slowly losing my excuses as to why I can't exercise. A whole week of constant exercises logged ☺

Awesome job!
  • cdubks88
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    I ran two out of the three miles I completed today. I've never had the endurance to run an unbroken mile before, but today I ran the first and third miles without a walking interval.

That's great! Well done!
  • cdubks88
    • I am proud of myself for consistently logging accurately, even though I'm not seeing results (yet). I've been using Libra, this site and a group here to help me accurately log weight and see trends. I've logged, even when I was drastically over (which happened once). I feel like I'm slowly figuring this out (again). Finally.

You should be proud. Great job!
  • cdubks88
    I've managed to knock out a workout everyday for the last week and half plus 10,000 steps a day, and I did a forearm stand.

I haven't done a lot of those in over a year due to an auto immune disorder, so I am proud of myself.

As you should be. Well done!
  • cdubks88

Dude, that's fantastic. Great job!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    Nice job! That’s seriously awesome!!
  • Maggiesanvicto
    Maggiesanvicto Posts: 70 Member
    Today I am proud that I’m conquering my relationship with food! No longer punishing my self for “bad foods” or working out to make up for a bad diet. I’m just enjoying a healthier life and accepting that progress takes time 😊
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    I'm proud of myself for eating a decent breakfast and packing a home lunch.
  • Motorsheen
    I haven’t committed a felony today.

Although, to be fair, the day is young.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,006 Member
    For not dying during a killer workout.