Hunger induced headache? Help/advice needed.

It’s my 6th day. I am doing well with regards to calories. Staying well short of 200-300 calories (goal is 1751 calories). Thanks to month of fasting.
I do get headaches if I skip morning tea or lunch if I am busy at work. Any advice to avoid it? I don’t do breakfast usually. I read online and it says protein meals. Will appreciate your help.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Just to make sure that I am not misunderstanding because of a language issue, could you clarify what you mean with:
    Thanks to month of fasting.

Is this your sixth day watching recording calories? Are you eating 1751? Are you eating 1551? What is your current weight? How much have you lost during the past 30 and during the past six days?

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Eat.
  • squirrelsquad
    squirrelsquad Posts: 41 Member
    You need to listen to your body. <3
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Personally I've found the best thing for me is to make sure I'm properly hydrated. Other than that, its best to listen to our body and have something to eat, if needed. As you have 200 to 300 calories to "spare", then a small snack would probably help, while still remaining close to target.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Skipping tea if it is something you do everyday could be a caffeine headache.

Eat the calories MFP gives you for your stats. Shorting yourself could lead to long term issues.
  • drwaseemanwar2996
    drwaseemanwar2996 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you everyone. By fasting I meant we have a holy month of fasting.
    Regarding sparing ~200 calories- I think one can not be sure of exact calories when it comes to pakistani/Indian sort of food like all the curries etc. That is why I was trying to be on the safer side just in case.
  • bakrueger61
    bakrueger61 Posts: 3 Member
    have you tried bone broth? Make sure to get enough electrolytes. daily vitamin!
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I do get headaches if I skip morning tea or lunch if I am busy at work. Any advice to avoid it? I don’t do breakfast usually.

If you skip lunch, and you haven't had breakfast, that means it's a long time until your body gets anything to eat or drink - no wonder it's complaining.

However, you later talk about a month of fasting - are you doing Ramadan and deliberately not eating lunch, as opposed to being too busy to eat lunch? In which case, if you're fasting, you wouldn't be having breakfast or lunch anyway, so it's not a case of accidentally skipping it - you were never planning to have it.

If you're fasting for religious reasons, you have to really plan how many calories you need and when you're going to eat/drink, to make sure you fuel your body properly between sunset and dawn.

When you're not fasting, if you're hungry or thirsty, you can just top up there and then. Hence the need to take the planning much more seriously if breaking your fast isn't an option - calculate your BMR, calculate how energetic your day will be, and log everything properly. There's no leeway for guesswork!

Make sure you're getting enough water and spacing it out as best you can during the permitted hours, to make sure your body can use it all.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,297 Member
    There is a facility on here where you can calorie check your own recepies using your ingredients. All the very best
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    If you're on reduced calories and can't eat when you feel like eating then you have to plan the timing of your food intake so you can avoid creating the excessive energy gaps that are resulting in hunger headaches by the sound of things. You could also consider eating at a smaller deficit during this time