Searching for low calorie foods

alaskalynnjones
alaskalynnjones Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for low calorie foods to snack on or just eats as a meal or little to no sugar meals

Replies

• lisanmurphy331
    lisanmurphy331 Posts: 2 Member
    Do you have Jim jams?. It’s low sugar like Nutella spread!,
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Raw veggies
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    There's a thread for people that like high volume - lower calorie foods:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread/p1

My go to snack is homemade microwave popcorn. I use one of those micro-popper bowl's a teaspoon of oil (so the salt sticks) and Kernel Seasons Topping - lots of flavors to choose from.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Instant Pickles: Sliced cucumber with balsamic vinegar and salt.
    Mushrooms and onions sautéed in water and Better Than Bouillon Roasted Garlic base.
    Cabbage salad with sesame seeds, dressed with a mixture of soy sauce, ponzu sauce, lemon juice, and a little maple syrup or sweetener of some sort.
    Baby carrots with hummus.
    Low calorie popcorn, as others suggested.
    Nonfat Greek yogurt piled high with blueberries.
  • happysquidmuffin
    You can have a huge leafy greens salad dressed with only flavored balsamic vinegar, plus a little citrus juice and/or some herbs/dried spices, for very low calories.
    Fresh berries are also pretty voluminous for their calories. Such as a whole cup of blueberries (I forget how many grams) for just 70 calories.
    A packet of instant grits plus a fried large egg with no added fat (or a poached egg if you’ve got the skills) is only 170-180 calories and is VERY filling.
    How low in calories are you shooting for, for your “low calorie” choices?
  • happysquidmuffin
    I also have a celery soup recipe that is only about 30 calories for a full cup! Disclaimer: it’s flavorful in a savory/salty way, but still kind of boring as you’re mostly just eating celery with some onion lol