Goodwill

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Well, I've had a bag of clothes that my daughter's outgrown (since she outgrows her clothes ever season :grumble: ) for Goodwill to pick up for awhile.

Since they're coming tomorrow I decided to go through my closet too. I'm getting rid of all the clothes I can't wear anymore & I now have 3 large bags full. :noway:

It's terrifying/exciting to make that commitment that I'm never going back to being fat again. It's especially terrifying to see how empty my closet is. (CHA-CHING!!! :noway: )

"Oh hubby........" peace.gif

Replies

• Shannon023
    Options
    Well, I've had a bag of clothes that my daughter's outgrown (since she outgrows her clothes ever season :grumble: ) for Goodwill to pick up for awhile.

Since they're coming tomorrow I decided to go through my closet too. I'm getting rid of all the clothes I can't wear anymore & I now have 3 large bags full. :noway:

It's terrifying/exciting to make that commitment that I'm never going back to being fat again. It's especially terrifying to see how empty my closet is. (CHA-CHING!!! :noway: )

"Oh hubby........" peace.gif
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Giving away your clothes is scary, but think of it as something to hold yourself accountable.
    We're moving in less than 2 weeks and I think we've donated a whole car-full of stuff to Goodwill. I loved getting rid of all of my "fatty" clothes and the other stuff laying around the house that we don't really need or use. Makes for a fresher start at the new place!

Good for you for making that commitment! :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Giving away your clothes is scary, but think of it as something to hold yourself accountable.
    We're moving in less than 2 weeks and I think we've donated a whole car-full of stuff to Goodwill. I loved getting rid of all of my "fatty" clothes and the other stuff laying around the house that we don't really need or use. Makes for a fresher start at the new place!

Good for you for making that commitment! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :smile:

And good luck with your move! :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    LOL @ " oh hubby" That is so awesome you're getting rid of all of the stuff that's too big. It will definately help you stay small! lol b/c you'll know you won't have anything wear if you gain weight, and you'll probably not want to get heavy and then have to ask hubby to buy even MORE clothes AGAIN! lol
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to getting rid of my clothes when they don't fit anymore...that will be SO fun!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to keep the next wardrobe simple and basic.

Unless you’ve reached goal and are 100% happy, odds are you will need another shortly.

I’ve gone from a 22 or 24W down to a 4, and each time moves the goal further. Most of the summer clothes I just pulled out are hanging on me, but I’m living with it because:
    1.)the thought of clothes shopping in a pandemic is totally unappealing, even online
    2.)I live in yoga gear any way and it is very forgiving and there’s nowhere to go that matters
    3.) when I went to TJ Maxx yesterday to pick up a dog bed for our NEW (happy feet!!!!) dog, there were signs everywhere saying they weren’t taking returns, til they decided in June when they’d be equipped to do so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!