What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,382 Member
    Went geocaching on foot again today. I still have a few very nice areas near my home for hiking. This time mostly open sand dunes and bits of forest. My planning today turned out to be rather poor for once. I'd expected to walk about 18km, but had walked so many detours that I was at 20km when I gave up and caught a bus instead of walking the remaining 5km to the station to get home. Not sure how warm it was, but when I gave up, at 17:00 it was still 28C. My water supply certainly wasn't sufficient today. Fortunately I found an open shop where I bought a cool drink, and then rang the doorbell at a random house to ask for some garden water. No other workouts :D
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Hi everyone.. I'm new here and just wanted to jump in. I'm having the most difficult time with working out under the quarantine but I signed up for Beachbody the other day and did the fit test and day one today. I may go for a walk later... we shall see :) Hope all is well.
  • beastier
    beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
    Finished off my garage gym last weekend when my outstanding stuff finally arrived which is giving me a lot more options...

Today was back day...

Started with my standard 5 minute warm up - gentle jogging on the spot, then throwing in high knees, jumps, dips, twists, etc to get me started

Then today’s back routine:

Weighted pull-ups (3 sets)
    Pause deadlifts (3 sets up to 10 reps - would recommend these as a good alternative to standard deadlifts)
    TRX Aligators - (2 Sets 20 reps)
    TRX lateral openers (not the correct name...2 sets, 3x3reps moving through 3 different back positions to work upper, mid & lower back)
    Supaset: (2 sets) Upper back bench supports dumbbell underhand grip rows & resistance band high rows
    Supaset: (2 sets) lower back bench supported dumbbell underhand grip rows & resistance band floor rows).

Finished off with two rounds of HIIT circuits, each circuit consisting of 5 exercises but sparing the legs a bit as I’ll run tomorrow. The cycle being 40 seconds exercise, 20 seconds jog on spot, 20 seconds rest. Today’s exercises as follows:

Punchbag (punches)
    Decline bench crunches
    Punbag (roundhouse kicks)
    Pull-up bar windscreen wipers
    Tuck jumps
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    @beastier - super nice set up! Congrats on the new gym. That looks awesome!
  • beastier

Thank you :-) - I love it to the point that I think I’ll leave the gyms alone for at least a year once they reopen
  • MikePfirrman
    beastier wrote: »

Thank you :-) - I love it to the point that I think I’ll leave the gyms alone for at least a year once they reopen

I'm jealous of all the weights. Put my cardio equipment together with your weights and it would be one heck of a gym! I have an Assault Bike, C2 Rower and a LateralX elliptical machine.
  • sn2ess
    sn2ess Posts: 13 Member
    5/21:
    15 walk outside
    15 minute swim
    2 mile walk indoors
  • beastier
    5 mile run - which felt like I was carrying a small family on my back after they’d eaten a very indulgent meal
  • MikePfirrman
    Another slower row this morning -- 12.1K meters in an hour. 2:29 pace/19 or 20 SPM. All HR under 75% Max and most under 70%. Average was 69% of Max, so this was well controlled. Didn't sleep great. My dog is sick and there was a brush fire up the mountain last night, so I don't think I slept sound.

Taking him to the vet today. Hopefully just allergies or sinus issues, because his nose has an irritation inside. I worry all the time about cancer. Lost my last dog a few years ago to it (bone cancer). Vets are doing curbside appointments here where they take them in and look at them and call you and then you pick them back up at the curb.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Another slower row this morning -- 12.1K meters in an hour. 2:29 pace/19 or 20 SPM. All HR under 75% Max and most under 70%. Average was 69% of Max, so this was well controlled. Didn't sleep great. My dog is sick and there was a brush fire up the mountain last night, so I don't think I slept sound.

Taking him to the vet today. Hopefully just allergies or sinus issues, because his nose has an irritation inside. I worry all the time about cancer. Lost my last dog a few years ago to it (bone cancer). Vets are doing curbside appointments here where they take them in and look at them and call you and then you pick them back up at the curb.

I’m sorry ab your pup. I just saw some photos of my last doggie last week and I hope you’re dog is ok.
  • alexmose
    Upper body workout today. This rain needs to end so I can get outside tho!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Yest: went out shopping and running errands all day - whew. Tougher than a workout. After all that - just did an hour of yoga.

Today: 2 hr walk, 45 min dumbbell / calisthenics, 20 min yoga.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    4.5 mile run. Didn’t get great sleep last night so all I want to do now is lay on the couch and binge Netflix the rest of the day lol
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,382 Member
    I danced like crazy to online live music like every Friday evening, for about 90 minutes this time.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Fri 5/22

MORNING
    15 miles on mountain bike trails. vigorous, pushing hard on the inclines

AFTERNOON
    35 chin ups, 111 push ups (both in sets to failure)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    Evening
    A walk, for just under 2 hours. It got my step count up to 18,000 and was in nice countryside.

Night
    Lifting - arms and chest day.
    Bench 50 kgs, 3 sets of 5
    Military press, 30 kgs, 3 sets of 5.
    Bent over row, 60 kgs, 3 sets of 5
    Loads (I didn't really count them) dips, pull ups and press ups
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    @JimDew Wow so nice and cool where you are ... lm almost jealous :).

Today: 1 hour ultimate frisbee, 2 hr walk, 30 min hula hoop / jump rope : just a fun day. :)!
  • alexmose
    Lower body sets and abs. Honestly totally overdid it and was kinda sitting around before I got it together and went for a couple walks. I’m finding it really hard to gauge my own fatigue for at home workouts.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    Just a run today.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Sat 5/23

This was a crazy day. 2 blown tubes and one wipe-out on the 2nd tube, but I survived and did 25 vigorous miles on the mountain bike trails. I need FOOD and SLEEP!