WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - MAY 2020

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @GingerPwr happy anniversary. enjoy your dinner out
  • KUMEcyclingteam
    KUMEcyclingteam Posts: 112 Member
    I seem to be in a holding pattern here....
    Last week 225.0
    This week the same 225.0
    KUMEcyclingteam must work harder...
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    05/22 steps 11097
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5

I definitely need to get my head back where it belongs with exercise and food. I can't control other things around me but that I can control. Those are good examples. I'm going to take it one day at a time.

Thank you for not "allowing" me back into the 200's.😁I really don't want to be there.

Thank you! You've got this too!

My county and some surrounding areas have some flooding but nothing like where the dams failed. My coworker has water in her basement. People and businesses who are near the river have been having issues.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Friday check in
    Food - on plan, including a few glasses of wine
    Water - 1.5 l
    Exercise - 5 km walk

Yesterday was another good day. I could not get that last 500 ml of water, but other than that, I did well. We had friends over for distanced drinks last night in our backyard and I stuck to my 3 drink maximum. I was so happy that another week of virtual school is behind us. 5 more weeks to go! The glorious weather continues here. After being outside all week, I finally have some colour back. I was looking a little grey prior to that! We have been in phase 1 reopening for about a week here. I went to pick up a package today, and it seemed like people were getting a more lax in their distancing practices. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out over time.

@sleepymom5 - That must have been such a wonderful feeling having MK do all of that! When your child is not the easiest (ahem, thinking of my eldest), it just feels so rewarding when he or she makes progress. The sourdough was delicious, probably one of my best loaves so far! Yes, we should be speaking French, it is one of our official languages! I speak it ok, but my husband & kids are fluent. Toronto is one of the most diverse cities on the planet, so we tend to pick up sayings in many languages. I think there is something like over 140 languages spoken here!

@mrsbell8well - Ciao! Love your gradual approach and that meal looks delicious!

@tryingagain5 - I am glad that you were not directly impacted by that flooding. I am so sorry about work being slow and I hope it picks up soon for you. There is just so much uncertainty everywhere these days. In terms of getting back on track, as many folks have been doing here, maybe try little, gradual changes as a start.

@Zumba_Luvah - At least you know that little gain is TOM, so it will pass soon!

@KUMEcyclingteam - Don’t dismiss a maintain! You have had a lot to do taking care of your mom and working. You can do this!

@hope002 - Another week of awesome! Congrats!

@twyla77 - You will get back on track! Can you explain this detox? I have not heard of it.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - It feels so strange that many of are taking about the weather warming and it is the opposite for you! Thanks for sharing about your dad and the painful issues he caused starting in your childhood. It is good that you are now aware and moving on as best as you can. Your relationship with you mom sounds lovely and it is so nice that you can work on things together. Sending a big hug to you and thanks writing about issues that are not easy to write about.

@GingerPwr - Hope that you had a lovely anniversary!

@1theresamcvean - My fellow Torontonian. and Italian speaker! That textbook excerpt was hilarious!

@podperson1 - I think you are right that many of us are getting into some new routines. I love that idea of digging up old photos and sharing with friends. I think it was Nora Ephron. who said that when you are in your 70s, you will look back at every decade of your life, wishing you looked that way again. She was so right about appreciating the present, no matter what.

@ljdanny - Hope that you are enjoy the day with your family, especially your granddaughters! So many of us have had our lives and routines disrupted significantly. You will figure this out!

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    rbq5qcx691fl.jpeg

I thought a that Captain Tom would motivate us with our step challenge this week! He is now Colonel Tom and soon to be Sir Thomas. He is so awesome!

For those of you participating, post your steps tomorrow for Sunday, May 17th to Saturday, May 23rd. I will announce the winners on Monday morning.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Pw 285.6
    Cw 289
    I didn’t get a chance to weigh in this morning, this is An evening weigh in after eating all day, so hopefully it’s not accurate.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Weigh in week 4
    xX_phoenixrising_Xx
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 255.2 (115.8 kg)
    CW: 255.2 (115.8 kg)

I've been bouncing around this weight all week, it will probably drop in a few days.

This week I learned that I shouldn't buy baked mango or pineapple - my calories have been fine, but I get obsessed with foods and I can't stop eating them. If they're in the house, they get consumed. So I'm not buying that now, and finding different snacks.
This discussion has been closed.