quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    Sounds like a nice day @katharmonic .
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,645 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Ahhhh look what just arrived!
    32uaglpcp4sy.jpg

Looks brand new!

That was amazing, I didn't expect it back for a couple of weeks!

ETA I think they decided to just replace it, because the dispatch note is dated 7 May, the day the product return email came through, so they must have just waited for my watch to arrive before sending out a new one.

Oh yay. Back to normal.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    32uaglpcp4sy.jpg

Looks brand new!

ETA I think they decided to just replace it, because the dispatch note is dated 7 May, the day the product return email came through, so they must have just waited for my watch to arrive before sending out a new one.

YAY!

They most likely replaced it with a refurb. Basically someone else's broke, they sent theirs in and got a replacement, then their broken one was repaired and sent to you. Now yours is being repaired to be sent to someone else. Kind o like the circle of life I guess :) It allows for speedy "repairs" from the perspective of the customer.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    32uaglpcp4sy.jpg

Looks brand new!

YAY!

They most likely replaced it with a refurb. Basically someone else's broke, they sent theirs in and got a replacement, then their broken one was repaired and sent to you. Now yours is being repaired to be sent to someone else. Kind o like the circle of life I guess :) It allows for speedy "repairs" from the perspective of the customer.

Lol yeah likely. And doesn't bother me.

And im immediately noticing a difference. This one was set to go within minutes. The last one always took forever to sync, it didn't bother me too much, but I suspect that was the underlying issue. I'll see how it goes could be a coincidence, but there you have it.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    May goal - 75 km

May 2 - 5 km
    May 5 - 6.1 km
    May 11 - 3 km
    May 14 - 5.1 km
    May 18 - 8 km
    May 20 - 6.1 km

May Total: 33.3 km
  • PastorVincent
    32uaglpcp4sy.jpg

Looks brand new!

YAY!

Lol yeah likely. And doesn't bother me.

And im immediately noticing a difference. This one was set to go within minutes. The last one always took forever to sync, it didn't bother me too much, but I suspect that was the underlying issue. I'll see how it goes could be a coincidence, but there you have it.

I guess you will know after a few days use! :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    @Avidkeo Yeah! So glad you got your a new/refurbed watch! I know you are elated!

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @TheMrWobbly my gut feeling is that I'd be willing to travel as soon as restrictions are lifted, if my travel were primarily outdoor related like hiking, etc. I think crowds and the inevitable difficulty in trying to limit crowds would make many indoor things not worth it. Oh, and the plane, I forgot about that part, I don't know. I would be able to quarantine myself over the summer, but when fall starts I wouldn't be able to do that so I wouldn't travel. I actually would like to go to Canada in July for an event, and it's not far for me (from NY state), but it may still not be possible to cross the border.

@brittanystebbins95 oh, ouch! sorry about the bad sunburn! I got a little burned the other day and it surprised me, but a good reminder that I need to vigilant with the sunscreen. Good summer reminders @PastorVincent. It was just winter last week, so who knew. :) Anyway, Brittany, you've done great so don't beat yourself up about a numeric goal. Just keep moving when and how you can.

@Tramboman don't anger those running gods. Myelf, lol. Sorry about your leg cramps. Charley horses are the worst.

Nice running this month @Teresa502!

@quilteryoyo you are a hardcore rain runner! And @skippygirlsmom too! And I feel like someone else mentioned running in the rain today.

@Faebert great work and fab consistency with your strength training and running!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    05/01/20 :::: 16.2 :::: 16.2
    05/02/20 :::: 24.1 :::: 40.3
    05/03/20 :::: 8.0 :::: 48.3
    05/04/20 :::: 2.1 :::: 50.4
    05/05/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 52.7
    05/06/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 54.6
    05/07/20 :::: 4.0 :::: 58.6
    05/08/20 :::: 5.3 :::: 63.8
    05/09/20 :::: 1.6 :::: 65.4
    05/10/20 :::: 6.7 :::: 72.2
    05/11/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 77.2
    05/12/20 :::: 5.4 :::: 82.6
    05/13/20 :::: 5.4 :::: 87.9
    05/14/20 :::: 5.5 :::: 93.4
    05/15/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 98.5
    05/16/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 101.5
    05/17/20 :::: 11.0 :::: 112.5
    05/18/20 :::: 2.0 :::: 114.6
    05/19/20 :::: 3.6 :::: 118.2
    05/20/20 :::: 5.5 :::: 123.7
    05/21/20 :::: 5.5 :::: 129.3
    05/22/20 :::: 8.1 :::: 137.3

I did my long run this morning because of various weekend plans and weather predictions. A friend was doing her long run at 7 am, and while I really didn't want to start that early I took the opportunity for company. It was what she likes to call "a very sedate pace" as she has just recovered from injury and is easing back into things. The weather was beautiful, but getting warm so I was glad to have it done early.

The rest of the day was busy. I finished planting my little container garden and some mosses and pampas grass I got for a couple of areas in my backyard. Then I realized I had an important zoom meeting in 7 MINUTES, and took the fastest shower ever, got dressed and would have been only like a minute late, but my internet froze up. So at least I then had technical problems to blame my tardiness on.

I had to work the rest of the day, but am now enjoying a very pleasant evening out on the patio with a beer, enjoying looking at my new little garden.
    zo188vu3iqaf.jpg

I like those cloverleaf stackable pots. Could you share where they came from?
  • PastorVincent
    Oh good! It is 99% humidity today! My FAVORITE!
  • Tramboman
    32uaglpcp4sy.jpg

Looks brand new!

Oh yay. Back to normal.

Your not going to believe this. I just went in to change the laps settings - it's already in Km!!!

The running gods can read minds, too.
  • Tramboman
    5-1 7k moderate
    5-2 7k easy
    5-3 11k easy
    5-4 rest
    5-5 7k moderate
    5-6 7k moderate
    5-7 7k moderate
    5-8 7k easy
    5-9 11k slow
    5-10 7k moderate
    5-11 rest
    5-12 7k moderate
    5-13 7k moderate
    5-14 7k thresholdy
    5-15 7k easy
    5-16 11k slow
    5-17 7k moderate
    5-18 rest
    5-19 7k moderate
    5-20 7k easy
    5-21 6k moderateish
    5-22 7k easyish
    5-23 7k moderate

May Total: 151k
    May Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k

2020 Total through April: 700k

Cloudy, low 60s F, and little wind. Could tell the humidity was up, but nothing too bad. Lilacs are blooming and I saw my first buttercups today.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
    9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH