How to deal with being Skinny fat?

xx1chloe5xx
xx1chloe5xx Posts: 44 Member
edited May 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
So I found something on Google known as skinny fat which describes me perfectly. I am skinny everywhere but fat and wobbly around my abdomen. It says on google the stomach is the worst place to have access fat. How do I get rid of fat around the obdomen I’ve tried eating different exercising bike rides and nothing seems to work

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    What are your stats? If you are at a healthy weight and are not happy with your body composition then recomping...lifting at maintenance (or a slight deficit depending on your stats) and getting adequate protein to build muscle and lose fat can help. But keep in mind this process can take time and as mentioned you cannot spot reduce fat. I am in a similar situation, I am at a healthy weight but my body composition is not where I want it to be (where it's been before at this weight) so I am recomping.

But whether or not that is right for you depends on your stats and maybe adding a photo if you are comfortable, so more info will be helpful.
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Well said @AnnPT77 !

@xx1chloe5xx if you are worried, I would suggest getting a doctor's checkup and they can let you know whether it is a health concern or nothing to stress about.