how much can an evening meal effect the scales the next morning?

Options
i had 2 fajitas at about 8pm and i feel full and i’m wondering if it will make the scale go up (not bc of weight gain just bc my stomach might not be empty tomorrow morning)

this is just a question i’ve had on my mind sorry if it’s a stupid question

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It might effect it, or it might not effect it at all. Your stomach not being empty doesn't matter.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    2 fajitas might affect it, especially if you have salty chips and drinks with it.
    But you’re right, it won’t affect your long-term weight much, just short-term.
    How much? I don’t know.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    It’s Not a stupid question. I don’t know how much your two fajitas might affect it, but it might be the weight of the food plus extra water from the sodium plus carbs (particularly if more than you normally eat).

I’ve been up as much as 8-10 pounds (or more) of water weight in a day. But it’s all just water/food and goes away in a few days.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    It can affect things......5-10 lbs has been my experience.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It really depends. For me very little, maybe 0.5-1lb if it was a lot of food and had a lot of sodium. The only thing that makes my scale jump around is from changing my workouts, my muscles holding or releasing water.
    But you might be different. If you track your weight over time you can sort through the fluctuations.