Walking

Lss3771
Lss3771 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all! I’ve been walking quite a bit lately and my shins are really hurting! It makes it tough for me to get a good walk in . Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Replies

• Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Good shoes are a must! Running stores can help you find the right fit for your feet. A lot are doing virtual fittings.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    edited May 2020
    Now that you're injured, rest or ice might be necessary. Look up shin splints on a medical site.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I was walking a couple hours a day up and down some steep hills since lockdown. I hurt my knee, now I'm stuck on the flatlands. I don't like it, but my knee is happier.

There are a couple physical therapists on YouTube I like, go to Bob and Brad and see if they have some exercises for you...

Here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZxnb1eqLfo
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    I walked five days a week for 50 minutes a day and ended up with a knee injury. Was told to rest and go to physical therapy. Resting is not fun.
  • tompkins1
    tompkins1 Posts: 6 Member
    I get shin splints to and I invested in a good pair shoes and a resistance band and use it everyday for strefching excerises and I have noticed a big differnce. Also ice after each walk helps also