The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday crew!!!

Today is my 7th wedding anniversary. I was planning to stay in Florida with my daughter and her family, but decided to drive home to be with my DH. It is so nice to be in MY bed!! My pupper was so excited to see me last night. He slept beside me all night long.

I am so excited to have a Memorial Day weekend that I will remember and that will not take another week to recover from!

Hope everyone is safe and dry!

XOXO

Happy Anniversary ❤️ 6:37 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Doxmum wrote: »
    @JenT304 Me too! Last weekend I skipped logging-on for a couple of days due to repeated "server down" error messages. BTW, I mostly post on Less Alcohol, but I like reading this message board as well.

I see you signed up for the program (I can't remember the name). Let us know how that's going. I also like reading both boards. xo
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Another victory ! 👍😝

My brother said he was off to shops, for whiskey & beer. Now, usually, that would have been enough to twist my arm. Not this time. I had a fleeting thought about alcohol earlier, work was a bit challenging today and it was always my usual 'go to' after such a day. But I'm getting much better at taking the next morning into consideration. I have plans for tomorrow anyway, up early to the paint store so I can re decorate my bedroom and tidy the house. Gona paint the room lilac with white woodwork. Think it's gona look really relaxing and will go with a new picture I recently bought and a heart decoration i bought thats handmade with white sea shells....☺💜

I think it's a good motivator having something planned for a morning. Hope you enjoyed the painting.
  • Doxmum
    Doxmum Posts: 127 Member
    Hey there @RubyRed427: Congrats on not opening the bottle in the fridge. Sounds like you've moved away from "resisting" drinking to not wanting to drink - a huge step! I'm not there yet but today was a learning experience. (See my post in Less-A.). The program I'm doing is called "Take a Break" by Rachel Hart. I wouldn't say it's easy (there is a LOT of homework) but it is sane, pragmatic, and realistic for those of us who don't want to completely isolate ourselves (we know what that feels like now) in order not to drink. She has something like 150 podcasts on Spotify. I listened to 3 of them at random, and they resonated with me. If you don't subscribe to Spotify they have a free 30 day trial.

I had been successful at reducing my intake, but I could not seem to give up my daily can of Brut bubbles for even a day, much less 30 - the Take a Break time. Check it out: https://www.rachelhart.com I recommend the podcasts first to see if her approach makes sense for you. The website is good but she's marketing. Let me know what you think.

Have a good week everyone!